Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    McShay has the Saints taking Lamar Jackson in his latest mock draft. Vomit. He’s no Deshaun Watson.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    McShay has the Saints taking Lamar Jackson in his latest mock draft. Vomit. He’s no Deshaun Watson.
    lol he has rosen falling to 15.

Roquan Smith to Oakland is becoming something of a consensus, which I'm down for.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    about a month away. now that free agency has largely died down... this is the only thing to look forward to. here's my thoughts on the top 10

1- cleveland should take darnold. he's easily the most well rounded prospect of this draft. basically above average in everything... arm strength, accuracy, athleticism, toughness. had turnover issues in college. i'm more worried about how easily he fumbles than the interceptions.

2 - giants should be taking a qb, but every indication says they are looking in another direction, which makes no freakiin sense. if thats the case, they should trade back with arizona or buffalo. makes no sense to stay at #2 and pick Chubb right after trading JPP . rosen should be the 2nd qb off the board. he's basically a bigger goff/ryan with a better arm. kind of a worse carson palmer. but he's the best passer

3 - jets are taking a qb, and its between baker mayfield and josh allen. allen's stock predictably has gone through the roof during the scouting period because he's athletically very impressive. you also like a big, strong-armed qb in a bad weather situation. they probably go josh allen here. allen probably needs time to develop, and the jets have mccown/bridgewater who can hold the fort for some time. mccown played decent last year. good veteran to learn from.

4 - cleveland happily takes saquon barkley here. take the pressure off darnold, and add a huge running threat to a team with corey coleman, josh gordon, and jarvis landry. invest in your young qb. darnold is going to have to start right away, regardless of hue jackson's supposed confidence in tyrod

5 - broncos need a qb... keenum is not a long term answer. they really wanted allen (elway sees himself in josh allen, same reason he liked osweiler and paxton lynch). they reluctantly take mayfield.

6 - colts take quenton nelson. they could have really used barkley, but trading back 3 spots for all those picks made too much sense. the colts haven't had a good run game in a while, and luck has never had pass protection, and coming off an injury

7 - tampa would have taken Chubb here, but just traded for JPP. their front 7 is actually pretty talented right now, but their secondary needs help. they take minkah fitzpatrick

8 - bears needed to get trubisky help this offseason, and they landed allen robinson so be his #1 and taylor gabriel as a complementary piece. also signed trey burton who looks like a legit starting TE. so while many had them taking calvin ridley, they no longer have to reach for a WR. they play a 3-4 defense, which doesn't really have a natural spot for bradley chubb, who is the best player on the board here. denzel ward would have made sense, but they brought back amukamara to start and paid a lot of money to keep kyle fuller. so they go linebacker. while i think roquan smith is the best linebacker in the draft, tremaine edmunds has been getting the hype since he's got a ton of physical upside. the bears liken him to urlacher, a hulking linebacker with speed to cover

9 - niners at nine, and they have bradley chubb fall into their laps. they were 26th in sacks last year. BPA matches a need.

10 - raiders have a tough choice between roquan smith and denzel ward. both players fit pressing needs. raiders linebacker core is thin as it is, and we still don't know if bowman is going to come back and hold the fort in the middle for another year. even if he does he's not a long term answer, and smith can play outside for now and shift to middle when bowman leaves. at the same time, the raiders secondary is coming off another dreadful year, AND they have lost their top 3 corners (sean smith - prison, david amerson - cut, tj carrie - signed with cleveland). while i personally LOVE roquan smith, and am well aware we just spent a first round pick at corner last year in gareon conley, i think their hand is forced and they take denzel ward.

notably missing from the picks here is derwin james, who is projected by most to go in the top 10... i just couldn't find a spot for him.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Here's the Mock from Jaguars.com

1.Cleveland | Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California
    2.NY Giants | Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
    3.NY Jets | Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
    4.Cleveland | Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
    5.Denver | Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
    6.Indianapolis | Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
    7.Tampa Bay | Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
    8.Chicago | Tremaine Edmunds, ILB, Virginia Tech
    9.San Francisco | Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
    10.Oakland | Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
    11.Miami | Derwin James, SS, Florida State
    12.Buffalo | Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
    13.Washington | Vita Vea, DT, Washington
    14.Green Bay | Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
    15.Arizona | Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
    16.Baltimore | Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San Antonio
    17.LA Chargers | Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
    18.Seattle | Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
    19.Dallas | D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
    20.Detroit | Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
    21.Cincinatti | Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    22.Buffalo | Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
    23.LA Rams | Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
    24.Carolina | Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
    25.Tennessee | Arden Key, DE, Louisiana State
    26.Atlanta | Isaiah Wynn, OT, Georgia
    27.New Orleans | Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
    28.Pittsburgh | Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana State
    29.Jacksonville | Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
    30.Minnesota | Connor Williams, OT, Texas
    31.New England | Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
    32.Philadelphia | Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    If Trubisky can make strides like Goff did the Bears should have a bright future

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    my top qbs

1.baker mayfield
    2.sam darnold
    3.josh rosen
    4.lamar jackson

not impressed with the other qb's and think all 4 should be taken in the 1st round. josh allen has bust written all over him. i hope the giants take him.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Josh Allen is literally JaMarcus 2.0. Same people letting slide because of his measurables.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't like any of the QB's coming out.

Darnold...ah shucks
    Rosen....going to be hurt and too whiney.
    Mayfield....is going to up, wait and see. A problem without $$$$$$$$, now with $$$$$$$$$$....ouch~~~
    Jackson....I think he's too dumb.
    Allen....he did what at Wyoming, not much. Less than a 60% comp %, not good.

Nobody there in my opinion.

Love Barkley, perfect blend of size, speed, quicks. Penn State has had a gang of succcessful NFL RBs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Jackson....I think he's too dumb.
    Trill Clinton

thoughts?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You know my stance on the black athlete. If I were in charge that's all I'd have on my team. Talk about team speed.

Only a fool would think my Jackson comment had anything to do with race, trust me, it didn't. I'd take Warren Moon over 90% of all QB's who ever played the game.

I've seen Jackson talk, this is no leader of grown men.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

If you notice no one ever has anything if substance to say when critiquing Lamar.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I keep waiting for one of these kids to......

I want this team to succeed so pay me what ya think is right for my first contract, we'll talk serious $$$$$ if I deserve that talk.

I bet it doesn't happen.

This is always funny.....some vet talking about...I need to provide for my family.....while already making more $$$$$ than his entire family tree combined ever made. How do ya make ends meet making just a mill a year?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    a little over 3 weeks away

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What I hate to see is these draft ratings right after the draft. How they can do that before we see how those guys pan out...???

And another thing I hate is...he went to a small school. The HOF is full of small school players. How about Jerry Rice, Walter Peyton?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Draft next Thursday...

who do you want your team to draft?

I want the Raiders to go DB or LB... Minkah Fitzpatrick, Roquan Smith, Denzel Ward, Tremaine Edmunds would probably be my big board. CB is arguably a more pressing need than LB, which could prompt them to take Ward, but I think Roquan is more of a sure thing to be a stud. I do have Minkah above him, because he's a pretty rare talent. He can play just about anywhere, and played most of last season as a Nickel CB/LB hybrid. You just plug him in somewhere and he'll make plays.

I also really like Maurice Hurst... we haven't really had a 3-tech since Tommy Kelly or Richard Seymour. If we trade back out of 10, or trade up from our 2nd round pick, he'd be a nice target.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i hope we draft a tackle and 3 LB/DEs . No receivers or qbs please.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i hope we draft a tackle and 3 LB/DEs . No receivers or qbs please.
    i cant imagine the patriots not taking a qb tbh

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Best TE available pls

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i cant imagine the patriots not taking a qb tbh
    seems like a big waste to me.. we should be in win now mode.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    please no qbs in the first 4 rounds. we have usc legend cody kessler already

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    delete

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    seems like a big waste to me.. we should be in win now mode.
    but you don't want to be bad for 10 years after brady retires (soon)... need to trade big time draft capital and get Allen, Rosen or Darnold. Which the Pats very well can. Rudolph is just another Hoyer

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Julio Jones just unfollowed everyone related to the Falcons on his social media. Probably means he’s going drama queen for a new contract, but maybe a pre-draft trade is coming?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Julio Jones just unfollowed everyone related to the Falcons on his social media. Probably means he’s going drama queen for a new contract, but maybe a pre-draft trade is coming?
    Patriots would be VERY smart to go all in to trade draft capital to get Allen or Darnold.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Hoping the Bucs go Defense with the 7th pick. Derwin James from FSU or Minkah Fitzpatrick from Alabama. Leaning more toward Fitzpatrick, tbh.Or drafting a kicker again

Thread Information