Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Any thoughts on the FA market? Seems like plenty available.

Landry, Watkins, Gabriel. A few others. Would all make a difference.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Don't overspend for one, imo. Build on the running game, bring Butler back, trade Dez, draft one in the mid rounds with great upside but less experience/name notoriety.

1st 3 picks should be..... DT, FS, LB in no particular order.

absolutely.
    But isn't he one of Jerrahs pets?

Kind of crazy how all the cowboys receivers fell off at the same time

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    brice butler never got a fair shot with them. produced when given the opportunities. wouldn't mind to see the raiders bring him back with crabtree on his way out

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Both Dez and Witten have to go

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Don't overspend for one, imo. Build on the running game, bring Butler back, trade Dez, draft one in the mid rounds with great upside but less experience/name notoriety.

1st 3 picks should be..... DT, FS, LB in no particular order.
    I don't know. Unless Dak starts to throw deep more, I'd like for them to have a great possession receiver like Landry.

I would like to see what they have in Butler though.

And I sure wouldn't go D, D, D in the draft. They've go to take a hard look at shoring up the OL. They were awful when Smith was out.
    I think the young secondary can hold it's own.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    absolutely.
    But isn't he one of Jerrahs pets?
    Jerry has a pet monkey that has a pet monkey.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why is Dez still there? I have seen his teammates rolling their eyes on the sidelines for a few years, he's a joke and simply not worth the hassle. Yes, Witten has to go, he's just too sluggish.

The Cowboys need a speed receiver and yes Prescott can throw deep. They need a guy who can back off defenders, which opens up the underneath stuff. Any of the top NCAA TE's can replace Witten in time.

A free agent would need to run a 4.3 something for me as would a college kid at the combine.

Jarvis Landry on the Cowboys would be ideal tbh. Zeke on first down for 6 yards, 2nd down pass to Landry for 4 yards, rinse and repeat.

Post Count
    Dallas Goedert is a local kid considered the top TE in the draft. Comparisons to Gronk more than anybody. Big dude ( even for a TE), soft hands, can jump out of the gym, etc.

Considering they need TE, run blocking, and receiver might want to

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why is Dez still there? I have seen his teammates rolling their eyes on the sidelines for a few years, he's a joke and simply not worth the hassle. Yes, Witten has to go, he's just too sluggish.

The Cowboys need a speed receiver and yes Prescott can throw deep. They need a guy who can back off defenders, which opens up the underneath stuff. Any of the top NCAA TE's can replace Witten in time.

A free agent would need to run a 4.3 something for me as would a college kid at the combine.
    Butler ran a 4.3. IMO, they don't need to waste dollars on a speed guy if Dak can't consistently hit them downfield.

I'd rather see them get a good possession guy that can catch the ball in the middle of the field.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Butler ran a 4.3. IMO, they don't need to waste dollars on a speed guy if Dak can't consistently hit them downfield.

I'd rather see them get a good possession guy that can catch the ball in the middle of the field.
    butler had some bad drops.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Unless a team has a guy capable of beating double coverage down field what happens? Yep, everybody plays up closer to the line, now what?

I played RB/DB, it's a whole other deal facing a speed guy you know can blow right by you.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Unless a team has a guy capable of beating double coverage down field what happens? Yep, everybody plays up closer to the line, now what?

I played RB/DB, it's a whole other deal facing a speed guy you know can blow right by you.
    As I said, they have a guy that can get down the field. Regardless of the drops. And unless they change something up, the Cowboys O is based on running and short passes. Why pay the money for a #1 speed guy when he may not see a catch able pass every game?

Landry would be perfect for them right now. Sure it would be great to get both. But Butler is fast enough to make the defense account for him. Even Williams has decent speed.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As I said, they have a guy that can get down the field. Regardless of the drops. And unless they change something up, the Cowboys O is based on running and short passes. Why pay the money for a #1 speed guy when he may not see a catch able pass every game?

Landry would be perfect for them right now. Sure it would be great to get both. But Butler is fast enough to make the defense account for him. Even Williams has decent speed.
    What cornerback doesn't have decent speed? It's when ya have a Tyreek Hill, a Julio Jones, a Desuen Jackson, a Sammy Watkins, that guy who can blow by any cornerback where fear sets in. So here comes that safety to help out, which does what for a running game?

Butler has done what?

Deion Sanders and Darrell Green are both in the HOF because they could run with any receiver.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-05-2018 at 06:33 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What cornerback doesn't have decent speed? It's when ya have a Tyreek Hill, a Julio Jones, a Desuen Jackson, a Sammy Watkins, that guy who can blow by any cornerback where fear sets in. So here comes that safety to help out, which does what for a running game?

Butler has done what?

Deion Sanders and Darrell Green are both in the HOF because they could run with any receiver.
    I believe that Watkins and Butler have similar speed.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I believe that Watkins and Butler have similar speed.
    http://fl.milesplit.com/articles/118...the-track-star

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So what. Look at their pre draft stats. Butler had better times.
    Again, not saying he's a better WR but his speed is on par with Watkins.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count

Butler has done what?

And slow Jerry Rice (4.3; never) could beat any corner.
    Decent speed and the ability accelerate. Accelerate means start, stop, and change direction quickly you damn oaf. Receivers need to get open, pure straight away speed does not get that done necessarily. Ask Renaldo Nehemiah.
    You understand so little small fella. Still stuck on Bob Hayes. You are pitiful.

Post Count
    Dallas also did not have the offensive line this year. They actually had injuries. Prescott got put under pressure and got hit a whole bunch for the first time. That's when the happy feet and interceptions occur. The big 3 at guard(s) and center stayed tough so the Cowboys could run. But losing tackles, that's very tough.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And slow Jerry Rice (4.3; never) could beat any corner.
    Decent speed and the ability accelerate. Accelerate means start, stop, and change direction quickly you damn oaf. Receivers need to get open, pure straight away speed does not get that done necessarily. Ask Renaldo Nehemiah.
    You understand so little small fella. Still stuck on Bob Hayes. You are pitiful.
    Are you for real?

OBVIOUSLY....OBVIOUSLY....ya need more than just straight line speed, ....UNLESS.....that is your role like a Randy Moss, Alvin Harper, Cliff Branch, Warren Wels, ok?

I am talking about that....GO...receiver, that wasn't real obvious? I was talking about guy who backs off safeties, which does what?

yes it takes more than just speed to be a great receiver, but...I wasn't talking about that.

Ever notice the fast cat returns kickoffs the shifty dude returns punts, well this is like that.

Post Count
    Are you for real?

OBVIOUSLY....OBVIOUSLY....ya need more than just straight line, ....UNLESS.....that is your role like a Randy Moss, Alvin Harper, Cliff Branch, Warren Wels, ok?

I am talking about that....GO...receiver, that wasn't real obvious? I was talking about guy who backs off safeties, which does what?

yes it takes more than just speed to be a great receiver, but...I wasn't talking about that.
    You and your 40 times... That's all you got Fckn track idiot.
    And Jerry Rice was not a GO receiver... He did not have YOUR requisite 40 time. Decent speed with elusiveness also backs up safeties you fool.

You are such a football charlatan.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You and your 40 times... That's all you got Fckn track idiot.
    Why wasn't Jerry Rice taken sooner in the draft, yep....a 4.6 40.

Are you patying any attention at all? Every team needs that burner, ok, ya with me? I;m not talking about their best receiver, ok ya getting this?

Think Desuen Jackson, ok?

Usain Bolt is the fastest human to ever walk this planet, he would totally suck at football, ok? All he couLd do was run deep and see if he can catch the ball. he wouldn't be able to cut, stop and start, do anything but run fast in a straight line, ok guy?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-05-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Post Count
    Why wasn't Jerry Rice taken sooner in the draft, yep....a 4.6 40.

Are you patying any attention at all? Every team needs that burner, ok, ya with me? I;m not talking about their best receiver, ok ya getting this?

Think Desuen Jackson, ok?
    You are saying Rice could not back safeties up. He could run by guys because he could not be caught. He could read guys lines and change speed, direction or both. How the fck do you think a guy like that scores so many touchdowns, long and short?

You are a dumbass.

Think Jerry Rice, OK?

He was not taken earlier because people like YOU were analyzing receivers you wad of stupid. Go listen to a cassette tape you ancient toad.

Thread Information