Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a true Spursfan like me, it's sad to see Tony Parker like this, tbh... it's what you would expect Manu to look like at 60 years old, at this rate, tbh...

Also sad is the state of our roster, tbh, in order to pay Pau, Patty and chokerick LMA...
    even the young guys you complain about are going to be FA... it could be worse. There could be worse guys.
    It is bleak specially Patty, Pau has played well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP does nothing for me anymore ... he can go ... but Manu this season has more good games than bad games (which was not the case last two season IMO) ... coming with this after he had two 20+ point games is bad timing hater ... yes, he did take that bad shot, but when you are that hot, you just do that heat check

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker forced to stick around because PATFO haven't drafted a good guard in over a decade tbh.
    Agreed tbh. Meanwhile Manure isn't even a Top 3 SG for us

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a true Spursfan like me, it's sad to see Tony Parker like this, tbh... it's what you would expect Manu to look like at 60 years old, at this rate, tbh...

Also sad is the state of our roster, tbh, in order to pay Pau, Patty and chokerick LMA...
    It's not that sad. Most players don't play to age 36 and to their 17th season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets face it. These 2 washed up albatrosses have been a dead weight for our team after Duncan retired.

If they had any self respect and loyalty they should have retird along with Duncan and gave the team a chance to succeed.

In a perfect world....

Cue in the blind homers coming in to defend these calcified mummies.....
    you should have retired and take the Great got and Vander with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should have retired and take the Great got and Vander with you.
    Blind ass guatemalan homer exhibit C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is no one was saying that in the playoffs last year when Parker outplayed Conley in G6 by dropping 27 on 79% to get us to the next round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These posts are so unnecessary. In a perfect world, Parker and Manu retire when they are no longer able to play on an NBA level into the playoffs last year. Parker was our second best player in the playoffs before he got injured and he’s the best point guard on our roster. So retiring two years ago would be pretty stupid. I could see Manu retiring to spend more time at home, but obviously he’s shown that if he plays the right amount of minutes he can still play on a higher level than most two guards in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tony is leading the team in assists and shooting better than the whole team as always. If you want him to be a 20/8 guy again, you’re going to need to run the offense for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a perfect world, PATFO would've done their job and brought in players to relieve Manu and TP of their heavy loads this late in their careers.

Remember when we used to make fun of the Suns Nash for still running Nash out there as their PG?

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is leading the team in assists and shooting better than the whole team as always. If you want him to be a 20/8 guy again, you’re going to need to run the offense for him.
    Do you think the Spurs should run the offense for him and he'll be able to perform?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep Duncan retired too early

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a perfect world Duncan would be healthy and still starting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a perfect world yes It would have been a great story the big 3 retiring together.
    And It would have given more money to the spurs to improve

But they said to LMA during his free agent tour that they would stick with the team more than 1 year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is no one was saying that in the playoffs last year when Parker outplayed Conley in G6 by dropping 27 on 79% to get us to the next round.
    Sure. Parker carried us in the playoffs while manu was .but he injured himself doing it

But what if we could have gotten michael conley instead??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These posts are so unnecessary. In a perfect world, Parker and Manu retire when they are no longer able to play on an NBA level into the playoffs last year. Parker was our second best player in the playoffs before he got injured and he’s the best point guard on our roster. So retiring two years ago would be pretty stupid. I could see Manu retiring to spend more time at home, but obviously he’s shown that if he plays the right amount of minutes he can still play on a higher level than most two guards in the league.
    Again Parker injurd himself due to his age. It actually proves my point

And Manu cannot play at playoff levels. Hasnt been able to in years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in a perfect world duncan's knee wouldn't have given out and he'd still be playing 20 mpg tbh imo fwiw

timmy looked FAR from done in the 2015. averaged 14/9/2 in 28 mpg. and in those playoffs he was scoring at will against deandre jordan for most of that series while still playing solid defense.

but by the end of 2016 he couldn't move at all and in the playoffs looked hopeless against steven adams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in a perfect world duncan's knee wouldn't have given out and he'd still be playing 20 mpg tbh imo fwiw

timmy looked FAR from done in the 2015. averaged 14/9/2 in 28 mpg. and in those playoffs he was scoring at will against deandre jordan for most of that series while still playing solid defense.

but by the end of 2016 he couldn't move at all and in the playoffs looked hopeless against steven adams
    I vividly remember thinking at one point during the series, damn Duncan at this age is still the best player on the court.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. Parker carried us in the playoffs while manu was .but he injured himself doing it

But what if we could have gotten michael conley instead??
    Conley would have been injured too, don't know why

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conley would have been injured too, don't know why
    Dont think Pop would ride Conley like slavedriva Memphis tbqh

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the age difference, I thought it was a very real possibility up until about 2013 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I guess one benefit to the rebuilding days is that there won't be posts like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duncan always made the game look easier than it is.

Even as a young buck, I remember he would throw up the most awkward shots with his lanky arms, and the ball would just nestle into the net.

He literally went until the wheels fell off...was an honor to enjoy his entire career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically legendary NBA trios have never retired together and the same time. Look at Boston with Bird-Mchale-Parish. They all retired at different periods of time. The same can be said of Magic-Jabbar-Worthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately, it's a very small sample size, due mostly to the fact that he's hurt a lot, tbh... again, not his fault... PATFO should've seen this coming 3 years ago, IMO.

Thread Information