Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante are you being STRAIGHT with me?

Man the hints I have given... I have never in my life met someone so intent on showing his stupidity. When you finally get the answer and I go back through and quote all the hints... Christ..
    You said:

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do.

I wish you a good sleep Avante. Poor bas ..
    Just as I suspected this guy hasn't a clue what acceleration meads in sprinting. I was trying to get this idiot to talk some real sprinting it took awhile to figure out he knows nothing about it.

Yep, a ing re .

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ever notice the guy never talks sprinters. He knows nothing about the athlets which is the sport. Yep, he's boring as .
    "I can't answer his simple questions so.... um... uh... h-he's boring! Yeah, that'll convince everyone I'm not losing!"

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You started the foolishness and basically asked to be stomped on. I've just strung it out. I was sure you would get it.
    Cant wait to show you the next question after you figure out the longest duration and distance phase all 200 m MUST experience and apply force in a very differen manner than the 40, 60, or 100. More huge hints...

And goodnight. Maybe read some stuff because you said:

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do.
    Dude, asking a stupid question that ya don't even understand is stomping, hahahaha~~~~

Dude, did you just say....the longest duration and distance phase all 200m MUST experience? Dummy this is a 200m race, now think ya dumb , yes it's not the 40, 60 or a 100. Yep, this cat is re ed. Will a longer race be different, well no stupid.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "I can't answer his simple questions so.... um... uh... h-he's boring! Yeah, that'll convince everyone I'm not losing!"
    Dude, do you who knows nothing about sprinting understand the word.....acceleration? Of course ya do we all do. Who would tell anyone...you don't know what aceleration means? What does that tell us about this freak, well?

The guy knows nothing about sprinting.

Dude, you are always....you Googled that....right? Do you think if I didn't know something I'd not find it? , I could just ask one of the posters on the sprint boards I hang at, tons of coachs there.

https://kilbarchanaac.files.wordpres..._mechanics.pdf

The guy is asking stupid questions, he's trolling, ok?

Dude....

Acceleration is the rate at which the speed of an object is changing. Acceleration takes place the first 0-30 meters or to about 3-4 seconds from the start of a sprint. After approximately 30 meters acceleration turns into maximum velocity and top speed is hit.

Isn't that what I've been saying? In a 200m ya have "reserved speed" which means ya spread it out more, ya don't want to shoot your wad too soon in a 200m. What the idiot is talking about is stupid.

In a world class 200m we'll have some 100/200 cats in there with 200/400 guys, anyone thinking things aren't different for the two groups is a dummy. When MJ ran his amazing 19.32 in 96 he knew he could blast the curve, why didn't Boldon/Fredericks go with him they had more sprint speed? MJ was the Oly 400m chap, he knew his speed with endurance would be way too much for any 100/200 cat. See how it works? MJ just a 10.09 100m cat, Boldon and Fredericks at 9.86.

I get the feeling the idiot was talking about the start, I did assume he wasn't this damn dumb to think that had to be explained to anyone.

This is what happens when the greatest 400m sprinter in history meets up with a couple Olympic medalists in a 100m at 200m.

He smashed his own WR of 19.66, totally destroyed it. That was some 20ish years ago, no American has ever broke 19.57 much less 19.40 but MJ. Yep, a freak.

All-time men's best 200m

1 19.19 -0.3 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Berlin 20.08.2009
    2 19.26 +0.7 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 1 Bruxelles 16.09.2011
    3 19.30 -0.9 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Beijing 20.08.2008
    4 19.32 +0.4 Michael Johnson USA 13.09.67 1 Atlanta 01.08.1996
    4 19.32 +0.4 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 London 09.08.2012
    6 19.40 +0.8 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Daegu 03.09.2011
    7 19.44 +0.4 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 2 London 09.08.2012
    8 19.53 +0.7 Walter Dix USA 31.01.86 2 Bruxelles 16.09.2011
    9 19.54 ±0.0 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 1 Bruxelles 07.09.2012
    10 19.55 -0.1 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Beijing 27.08.2015
    11 19.56 -0.8 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Kingston 01.05.2010
    12 19.57 ±0.0 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Bruxelles 04.09.2009
    12 19.57 +0.4 Justin Gatlin USA 10.02.82 1 Eugene 28.06.2015
    Last edited by Avante; 01-18-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I do have my fun with all this, it's funny watching how people act when around someone who knows all this stuff, yep, comical.

Been into track since the late 50's, can talk about sprinters nobody on track boards have ever heard of. I do get a kick out of..."I'll show him"...but thery never do.

I can still hear...he is the fastest player in the AFL....when taking about Blufton's Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion a Buffalo Bill receiver.

Elbert Dubenion

Buffalo Bills Wide Receiver
    In 1960, a free agent from little Blufton College joined the Buffalo Bills to try and make the team as a flanker back, today’s equivalent of a wideout or wide receiver. His name was Elbert Dubenion. At 5-11 and 187 pounds, he possessed tremendous speed, great hands and excellent skills as a runner. It did not take long for Dubenion to become a crowd favorite. An exciting receiver, especially after making the catch, he was fun to watch. Before long, the fans were fondly calling him “Duby” or “Golden Wheels” in tribute to his sensational speed.
    As a rookie, Dubenion quickly proved his worth. He scored seven touchdowns and racked up 752 receiving yards on 42 catches, a 17.9 yards per catch average. In addition he ran the ball 16 times for 94 yards and one touchdown, a 5.6 yards per carry average. The following season defensive backs paid him much greater respect. So, facing tighter and deeper coverages, he upped his production as a runner, rushing for 173 yards and one touchdown on just 17 carries, a 10.3 per carry average. In addition, he had 31 catches for 461 yards and six touchdowns.
    In 1964, Duby enjoyed one of the most sensational seasons of any receiver in pro football history, 10 touchdowns and 27.1 yards per catch on 42 receptions for a total of 1,139 yards, all in a 14 game season. In nine seasons, he racked up 296 receptions for 5,424 yards and 36 touchdowns for a career average of 18.3 yards per catch. He also rushed for 360 yards and three touchdowns on just 48 carries, a career average of seven yards per carry. By the time he retired in 1968, Duby had set virtually every receiving record in the early “glory years” when the Bills reigned as one of the premier teams in the American Football League. A man of great humor, he also retired as one of the team’s most popular players.
    Golden Wheels’ importance to the Bills cannot be measured in purely statistical terms. He joined the team when the AFL was a shaky league struggling through it’s infancy. Dubenion was the first great star in the franchises’ formative years, the first player the fans could hang their hat on. His exciting play helped the Bills and the AFL become viable. And, through it all, he maintained his humility and his great sense of humor. He was not only a great player, but one of the true gentlemen of the game.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-18-2018 at 03:11 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dude, asking a stupid question that ya don't even understand is stomping, hahahaha~~~~

Dude, did you just say....the longest duration and distance phase all 200m MUST experience? Dummy this is a 200m race, now think ya dumb , yes it's not the 40, 60 or a 100. Yep, this cat is re ed. Will a longer race be different, well no stupid.
    Yep.

And part of the reason it's so different is we know exactly where and for what distance the athlete MUST accelerate you dumb . There is a reason I used the 40, 60, and the 100 as a comparison, and no it's not distance for this question. Again another huge hint.

Where during the 200m sprint must all runners accelerate for a sustained period of time for a known distance? It's a one word answer. Answer this question instead of trying to hide your shame with more lists and videos.

And you said:

And then follow it with:

I do have my fun with all this, it's funny watching how people act when around someone who knows all this stuff, yep, comical.

You are going to face humiliation. The board will see it in these pages. I will use it when you claim the above.
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-18-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Post Count
    A thought question for Avante in addition to what he has failed to answer.

Could you run the 200 m at a constant speed? It's not a race, you can jog if you want. You could already be moving when hitting the starting line. I could run a 200 at a fairly constant speed, could you? Another hint.

Trying to find a way around his knowledge impass...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    A thought question for Avante in addition to what he has failed to answer.

Could you run the 200 m at a constant speed? It's not a race, you can jog if you want. You could already be moving when hitting the starting line. I could run a 200 at a fairly constant speed, could you? Another hint.

Trying to find a way around his knowledge impass...
    hints to avante: you could run the 200 at a constant speed (assuming you were already moving when hitting the starting line). but you physically could not run the 200 at a constant velocity. acceleration deals with velocity.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Give us an example of that, yep, ya can't. So why the bull ?
    Gambling.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Blues

Post Count
    hints to avante: you could run the 200 at a constant speed (assuming you were already moving when hitting the starting line). but you physically could not run the 200 at a constant velocity. acceleration deals with velocity.
    Bingo!
    And he used the word velocity and speed separately so I thought he would understand. I dug in and tried, pages and pages of trying. Not giving the answer just lots of hints.

So maybe you can help me help him..

Or maybe you already understand the futility.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bingo!
    And he used the word velocity and speed separately so I thought he would understand.

So maybe you can help me help him..

Or maybe you already understand the futility.
    no it's fun watching him squirm instead of just saying "i dont know"... which would be completely understandable as he hasn't been near a physics textbook since he was younger than his olongapo partners

Post Count
    It's also understandable because he's not really a track expert.

Post Count
    Big hint for Avante the expert. He likes lists, so tables should suit him fine. The question asked is a purely physical phenomenon. Getting the best view of compe ion, psychology of having to chase a runner down etc... does not matter IN MY QUESTION. Real track people could get this very quickly, but Avante got thrown off the only board he could have found the answer because in his own words basically "he knows too much"

Huge hint. But you need to have some basic knowledge of motion and running as well. They all run 200 m, but in very different ways. Same for the 400.
    I gave him this. I went even further and have a simple little spread sheet to illustrate an interesting conundrum concerning lane choice. (Not posted yet) We were eventually going there to discuss what he thinks, but could not get past acceleration.
    And he said why the was I talking about semicircles? Like wtf? It's right in his face...

But I will remain diligent and positive in my at ude.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's also understandable because he's not really a track expert.
    Well when you can talk 100% of all of the sprinters of note....ever.....yep, expert. When you can talk 100% of every football/sprinter...ever...yep, expert.

As far as actual sprinting goes it's not complex, it's actually very simple.

Reaction to the gun which is the start....acceleration...transition to topend/max velocity....maintain that MV as long as ya can (speed endurance) then the decelleration phase. World class sprinters reach their MV around 65-70m, then it's all about delleration as slowly as possible (speed endurance).

All that silly our resident idiot is talking about means...0. And it's boring as .

The key is building your speed endurance, if a sprinter isn't capable of sustaining his MV he will be a loser. The great Usain Bolt doesn't reach his MV until 70ish and he loses a very small % of that topend, he has superior SE.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-18-2018 at 10:13 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    we all know you can recite lists dude. but do you know where the longest sustained acceleration is required in the running of the 200?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    we all know you can recite lists dude. but do you know where the longest sustained acceleration is required in the running of the 200?
    It goes ike this....

Acceleration phase 0 – 50m, maximum speed/max velocity/topend phase 50 – 150m and a decceleration phase 150 – 200m. Obviously it varies a little for the individuals involved.

In a 200m we have "speed reserve" something we don't see at 100m. See that 50-150, that is way too long at MV, but, it's not actually MV, sprinters are holding back a little bit because they need something to bring home.

Obviously acceleration is the key in a 40/60, while less important at 200/400.

The 100m the race where all aspects of sprinting are equally important.

Stride lenght, a major factor in a 200/400, not so much in a 100m and it's better to be short at 60m.

When Wilt Chamberlain was in a Philly HS he high jumped and ran the 400m, what a sight that must have been.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-18-2018 at 10:40 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    If you think the longest sustained acceleration is the beginning portion you are dead wrong

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If you think the longest sustained acceleration is the beginning portion you are dead wrong
    Do you not understand just how long we have acceleration before entering the transition phase to the max velocity phase? Well?

Sprinters begin to accelerate right out of the blocks, do you really think they re-accelerate?

NOBODY....is accelerationg for very long before entering the transition phase, you do get this, right?

Start, accelerate, transition phase, max velocity, decelleration. Trust me you do not revisit a phase, ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-18-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    I'm going to pgardn and spurraider21 for my track insight from now on. They just showed the most keen knowledge I've ever seen demonstrated on this board. And they are both aware and knowledgeable on Barbados Slim.

Post Count
    Well when you can talk 100% of all of the sprinters of note....ever.....yep, expert. When you can talk 100% of every football/sprinter...ever...yep, expert.
    No, it just means you can use Google. An expert would have been able to correctly answer pgardn's question right away.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm going to pgardn and spurraider21 for my track insight from now on. They just showed the most keen knowledge I've ever seen demonstrated on this board. And they are both aware and knowledgeable on Barbados Slim.
    Dude, now think, ok? Just how long does any sprinter accelerate before reaching their max velocity? AND....it's not accelerate...WHAM...max velocity. there is a ...transition....phase, ok?

Dude, if you wannsa talk what really matters in the sport which is the athletes, you will get....huh???....from both pgardn and Spurraider, they haven't a clue.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No, it just means you can use Google. An expert would have been able to correctly answer pgardn's question right away.
    What, and miss my fun?

Dude, I saw my first Olympics in 1960***, started subscribing to Track & Field News mag in 1966, there is nothing Google can help me with ok?

When the great Jimmy Hines (first sub 10.00 sprinter, Oly champ) he ran on a stud 4x1 team at Texas Southern, so who was on that team? Here's what is goiing to happen, some silly bull s ya fail to answer the question. Why not Google it, yep....like everybody, too damn lazy.

*** Christian McCaffrey's grandpa Dave Sime the top American sprinter, he won the silver in the 100m and is still considerred one of the two/three fastest white Americans ever.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Dude, now think, ok? Just how long does any sprinter accelerate before reaching their max velocity? AND....it's not accelerate...WHAM...max velocity. there is a ...transition....phase, ok?

Dude, if you wannsa talk what really matters in the sport which is the athletes, you will get....huh???....from both pgardn and Spurraider, they haven't a clue.
    Look, man, I go to where the info is proper and correct. That's P n 21. But I still think you could whoop Fabbs in a fist fight, so you have my support there.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Look, man, I go to where the info is proper and correct. That's P n 21. But I still think you could whoop Fabbs in a fist fight, so you have my support there.
    You will NEVER EVER think/talk...acceleration at 200m.....ya see, nobody cares. It's simply one aspect of sprinting. Yep...boring as .

Now when ya wanna know about the athletes who make the sport exciting, try asking those two anything, yep, clueless.

And, I could whip anyone who posts here, trust me.

And, see nobody will ever take the time to Google anything.

Dude, when Hines was on that stud Texas Southern 4x1 team, So U their main rival who ran who on their stud 4x1 team?

See ya won't Google .

How do I know this stuff, yep, the pages of Track & Field News. No Google, just mags, books, experience.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-18-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Thread Information