Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol, i dont care if you "buy" it

acceleration is acceleration. that doesn't change because you disagree with it

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    lol, i dont care if you "buy" it

acceleration is acceleration. that doesn't change because you disagree with it
    So according to your definition a sprinter can accelerate 100m. Dude, you really don't know how stupid that is do you?

So tell me when does a sprinter reach their topend speed in a 200m?

Dude, when talking football, terms like....bomb...sack...horsecollar...blitz....take on a different meaning. Acceleration in sprinting ....isn't the same as walking in circles, ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-19-2018 at 02:55 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So according to your definition a sprinter can accelerate 100m. Dude, you really don't know how stupid that is do you?

So tell me when does a sprinter reach their topend speed in a 200m?

Dude, when talking football, terms like....bomb...sack...horsecollar...blitz....take on a different meaning. Acceleration in sprinting ....isn't the same as walking in circles, ok?
    you can accelerate without sprinting

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you can accelerate without sprinting
    I had a feeling you had no idea what was going on here.

Dude, but we are talking sprinting here, ok? In that world the word........accelerate....is teling us the phase a sprinter is in, ya with me amigo? No sprinter can..........accelerate....the curve of a 200m, ok? That's 100m, so....impossible..ok?

Dude, pay attention.

Humans can only run all out for about 20m 25ish m, ok? So they go thru...phases..alright rookie?

Sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~

When do sprinters reach their topend speed in a 200, well?

Dude, The Beatles...really weren't little insects, honest

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I had a feeling you had no idea what was going on here.

Dude, but we are talking sprinting here, ok? In that world the word........accelerate....is teling us the phase a sprinter is in, ya with me amigo? No sprinter can..........accelerate....the curve of a 200m, ok? That's 100m, so....impossible..ok?

Dude, pay attention.

Humans can only run all out for about 20m 25ish m, ok? So they go thru...phases..alright rookie?

Sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~

When do sprinters reach their topend speed in a 200, well?

Dude, The Beatles...really weren't little insects, honest
    as long as you realize that top end speed is different than top end velocity

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    as long as you realize that top end speed is different than top end velocity
    Dude, the fact you know nothing about sprinting is screaming right now,ok? In the sprint world we have....MAX VELOCITY....or MV, ok? It's the exact same thing as topend speed, ok?

Dude, how far can a sprinter accelerate...answer the question, ok? If you think sprinters come off a 200m curve accelerating, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    MAX VELOCITY....or MV, ok? It's the exact same thing as topend speed, ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Maximum Velocity

Track athletes want to know how to run faster times and how to increase their maximum velocity. They know that if they increase their running speed, they can edge out their compe ion in the sprint events with faster times and could prove to be a great asset to their teammates in the relays as well.
    In the sprint events,******** top speed is also known as maximum velocity********. This refers to is the highest possible sprint speed you can achieve, but only for a short period of time before mechanical deceleration and fatigue slow you down. In order to maximize the potential of your top-end race velocity, you’ll need to have a well-executed acceleration out of the starting blocks. If your acceleration phase is too short, it can cause unnecessary deceleration in your sprint rac

Dude, why talk about things you obviously know.,...0....about? Dude, this is the sprint world, ok?

Have another one rookie.

Today I want to talk to you about******* top speed training or maximum velocity training*********. Now, one thing I want to address before I even begin is the whole topic where a lot of people say is I coach whatever sport and my athlete don't need top speed training because I play soccer or football. We just burst for ten or twenty or thirty yards and so top speed training is not necessary for me. You know what, I'm not gonna necessarily and entirely disagree with that statement.
    There is some validity to that fact. The reality is there are going to be points where athletes break away or have a break away and they need to learn how to take that speed that they gained during their good acceleration that we covered yesterday and they need to be able to maintain that. At the same time we're trying to make kids better athletes so learning how to run at full speed and learning how to flow because when they're tired at the end of the game, they're gonna get up to full speed, ten, fifteen, twenty yards sometimes and maybe they'll need to know how to relax when running. We talk about top speed training and we talk about max velocity training athletes need to learn how to float as we call it. Floating is a difficult skill to learn. You're gonna drill the proper way to float or the key ways of floating in your kids heads and they're gonna look at you and nod their head but they're not gonna do it because their brain always keeps telling them try harder, run faster, try harder. The reality is when it comes to floating and comes to that, you can only hold top speed. Once you accelerate properly. ******* You can only hold top speed for one to two seconds maximum.******************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So trying to peddle...accelerate a 200m curve.....hahahaha~~~~~~~ Dummy, they were done accelerating around 50ish then they transitioned into topend, ok rookie? Don't tell me sprinters aren;'t reaching MV until after 100m......hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what are we really seeing in that final 100m of a 200m, well?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-19-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yep, play a little shuck n jive then once out in deep water drown these know nothings, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

When talking sprinting words like velocity, accelerate mean certain things, not unlike float like a butterfly, sting like a bee......if ya know the sport ya get it.

In the sprint world the word accelerate is explaining the second phase of a sprint race, it's not about circles,semi bull and all that stupid our freak is throwing up. It means the second stage of a 100/200m sprint. Us humans can't sprint all out for very long (neither can a cheetah), and no way in anyone comes off a 200m curve accelerating, yep, re ed. See it's all done in phases because we can't run all out for very long.

Usually sprinters are in what we call...the acceleration phase for about 50ishm, then they enter into another phase of the race. This is sprinting and it's not about walking in semi circles and all that stupid bull . NOBODY...can be at max velocity after around 70ish m, now we enter into another phase.......see how it all works in concert.

This is reality, and none of that stupid we saw the know nothings peddling.

100 meter event,

1) acceleration phase from 0 to 50 meter. Need more muscle power or all the muscle available rather than high power to muscle ratio
    2) no bend at all
    3) to maintain speed at 12 m/s from 50 to 100 meter. Need high power to muscle ratio

200 meter event,

1) acceleration phase from 0 to 50 meter&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&
    2) slight bend unless the in the most inside lane which has longer and sharper bend
    3) 50 to 200 meter is about maintaining speed at 12 m/s. Need high power to muscle ratio.
    4) You need more speed endurance for 200 meter run. You have to tolerate lactic acid.

Tonight we saw a dummy talking about accelerating the 200m curve, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Nobody in history can accelerate that long before hitting the transition phase. Keep in mind in the sprint world acceleration is describing one phase of sprinting.

But Avante, ya can accelerate while walking in a semi circle and......hahahahahaha~~~~~~~ ing idiot. WE ARE TALKING SPRINTING NOT WALKING.

Done with this stupidity.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-19-2018 at 05:26 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    So the interesting part is an athlete must use more energy while rounding the turn than running at the same speed in a straight line. When an athlete rounds a turn extra force must be applied inward towards the center of the circular path. It is MORE difficult to run a 200 m dash on a track than a straight 200 m. Something you never even thought about, Mr. Track guy. The turn, is very important. You must accelerate therefore the overall force you apply is inward.

I first learned this from, get this, a track coach! But you had a football coach that did not have expertise in track. And you stopped in HS.

Now it gets more interesting.

Which lane do you want if you don't want to exert more effort? Which lane requires the most inward force in order change direction (as you must on any turn)? Pick a lane Avante. And it's very obvious that some lanes help psychologically, we are talking physical effort here. Then comes a conondrum even more interesting.

Off to work. I shall return. Maybe I should go back through all the posts and point out all the places I gave you hints, because you said:

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do.

Google Boy/Almanac getting his ass handed to him.

He's skirting around on another thread where he likewise won't own up.

Subject? Yep, women.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So the interesting part is an athlete must use more energy while rounding the turn than running at the same speed in a straight line. When an athlete rounds a turn extra force must be applied inward towards the center of the circular path. It is MORE difficult to run a 200 m dash on a track than a straight 200 m. Something you never even thought about, Mr. Track guy. The turn, is very important. You must accelerate therefore the overall force you apply is inward.

I first learned this from, get this, a track coach! But you had a football coach that did not have expertise in track. And you stopped in HS.

Now it gets more interesting.

Which lane do you want if you don't want to exert more effort? Which lane requires the most inward force in order change direction (as you must on any turn)? Pick a lane Avante. And it's very obvious that some lanes help psychologically, we are talking physical effort here. Then comes a conondrum even more interesting.

Off to work. I shall return. Maybe I should go back through all the posts and point out all the places I gave you hints, because you said:

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do.
    Dude, there is a reason the great Tommie Smith ran a 19.5 WR on a straight and a 19.8 on the curve, EVERYBODY knows the curve is a of alot more taxing than a straight ya dumb . You actually think this is news, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stupid, NODODY can stay in the acceleration phsae of any sprint for too long before transitioning into that topend, ok guy? Stop talking stupid.

Dude, that's it, when you start telling former sprinters a curve is more taxing than a straight it's time to move on, dude, you're sn idioit.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Google Boy/Almanac getting his ass handed to him.

He's skirting around on another thread where he likewise won't own up.

Subject? Yep, women.
    WHAT?????????

Dude, so you don't understand sprinting either do ya? PHASES...ok? Reaction to the gun, block clearence, acceleration, transition to topend, maintain max velocity, decelleration, ok stupid? To read all that stupid crap, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Dummy, no sprinter can hold their topend speed for more than 6/8ish seconds, now think just a little bit, ok? So what do they do to manage a 100m sprint......................PHASES.

And, how do 4x1 realy teams sort out who runs what leg, now think.

Ok, this is just too stupid to continue with.

Gone~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 01-20-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Post Count
    Dude, there is a reason the great Tommie Smith ran a 19.5 WR on a straight and a 19.8 on the curve, EVERYBODY knows the curve is a of alot more taxing than a straight ya dumb . You actually think this is news, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stupid, NODODY can stay in the acceleration phsae of any sprint for too long before transitioning into that topend, ok guy? Stop talking stupid.

Dude, that's it, when you start telling former sprinters a curve is more taxing than a straight it's time to move on, dude, you're sn idioit.
    It took you this long to say everyone knows this? We went through how many pages...
    BECAUSE YOU DID NOT REALIZE RUNNING A TURN REQUIRES ACCELERATION.

You were stuck on a straight line path for 4 fooking pages ya stupid jerk. I gave you post after post of hints. You are unbelievably dull but still have a chance to redeem some of your exposure as a fool.

Now we continue with the exposure. You did not understand acceleration. Let's now go one step further.

Which lane requires the most acceleration and why? This is very easy. Then use the table to figure out the acceleration required. We will make it easy and assume the runner is using effort to hold a constant SPEED of 10 m/s. Notice this did not say velocity.

But it will lead us into a much more interesting conundrum if you do answer it. And do remember you said:

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them.

Post Count
    Dude, the fact you know nothing about sprinting is screaming right now,ok? In the sprint world we have....MAX VELOCITY....or MV, ok?
    You also need to understand something else. When you look up something on the internet it can be dead wrong.

Mv MV mv

That is an absolutely horrible acronym.
    It means momentum.
    You have so much to learn and you will because...

Avante said:

Post Count
    Pick a lane dork.

Explain your reasoning from a physical advantage.

Post Count
    Bow to your master Avante.

A deep back breaking bow would suffice.

Thread Information