Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yes.

If I did not I would just simply state "I don't Know"
    But you can't do this. You won't see me pretending to know all the they talk about in the Tech section and gaming systems because I don't know that stuff. It's very simple not to lie. But when you do lie, because people know more than you, and they KNOW you don't know... You weave your own web that tangles you and catches you.
    What? We all know what accelration is, so what are you talking about? My problem was trying to figure out why anyone would ask such a stupid question.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dude, I assumed that was simply understood. Why you'd even ask a stupid question like that had me...???? I was looking for some trick.

Ok, I answered that dumb question now it's your turn to answer a question, yep, this is how grown ups converse.

The fundamentals of sprinting are about as interesting as talking guitars insted of Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, SRV...ok?

So when the SEC started bringing in black sprinters who were the first to make Olympic teams and break WR's. I find this aspect of track far more entertaining that....acceleration, max velocity, deceleration, speed endurance, etc.
    My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do.

There is no trick if you know what acceleration and velocity means.
    Spurraider entered on his own an immediately nailed it. He's a frkn law grad. He did not claim the above and neither did I.

You did.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I just told you about what all sprinters must do in the 200 and the 400.

If you wanna go into the best sprinter ever in the 200 out of Comfort,Texas, I'm gonna have to look that up. I'm have been, in this entire mess you have created for yourself, always stuck to talking about running and motion. Nothing more.
    What have you claimed:

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do.

So back it the fck up.
    Or shut up.
    Dude, what mess? I broke it all down for yoiu, you can't read?

Now you are getting weak and loking more and more ridiculous.

Tell me who the greatest HS 200m sprinter was in the state of Texas, well?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Dude, are you telling me sprinters don't accelerate that first 50?

There is no trick if you know what acceleration and velocity means.
    Spurraider entered on his own an immediately nailed it. He's a frkn law grad. He did not claim the above and neither did I.

You did.

Post Count
    What? We all know what accelration is, so what are you talking about? My problem was trying to figure out why anyone would ask such a stupid question.
    Its not stupid.
    Its actually damn interesting if you really understand what acceleration means and the force in running that must exist to cause it. But you don't.

You still have yet, after God knows how many pages, failed to show you know fully what acceleration is. And after I have given a hint in almost every other post.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    no, he's not telling you that. he's telling you that the runners must sustain acceleration for a longer period during the curve than during the first 50

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Its not stupid.
    Its actually damn interesting if you really understand what acceleration means and the force in running that must exist to cause it. But you don't.

You still have yet, after God knows how many pages, failed to show you know fully what acceleration is. And after I have given a hint in almost every other post.
    Who needs hints as to what acceleration is, are you really this damn stupid? I get the feeling you have confused some things here. You do understand what acceleration is in sprinting, it sure doesn't look like it.

Post Count
    I'm going to go further.

if you can't get it after this, it will have to wait. I basically already tried this:

If you started off running before the starting line in the 200 m dash, and you tried your best to maintain a constant speed throughout and actually did maintain a constant speed because you take it easy.... And now here it comes.... YOU MUST STILL ACCELERATE.

Explain please.

Post Count
    Who needs hints as to what acceleration is, are you really this damn stupid? I get the feeling you have confused some things here. You do understand what acceleration is in sprinting, it sure doesn't look like it.
    Uhhh..

YOU need hints.
    Because you still don't get it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    no, he's not telling you that. he's telling you that the runners must sustain acceleration for a longer period during the curve than during the first 50
    Dude, just how long do sprinters stay in the acceleration phase of any sprint? What both of you are doing is ignoring the transition phase. Find me anything where sprinters are acelerating that far down a track.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Uhhh..

YOU need hints.
    Because you still don't get it.
    Dude, just how far can a sprinter accelerate, well?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Dude, just how long do sprinters stay in the acceleration phase of any sprint? What both of you are doing is ignoring the transition phase. Find me anything where sprinters are acelerating that far down a track.
    its pretty clear that they're accelerating during the curve, throughout the whole curve. that is longer than the 0-50. it's equally clear you dont really know what acceleration/velocity mean

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm going to go further.

if you can't get it after this, it will have to wait. I basically already tried this:

If you started off running before the starting line in the 200 m dash, and you tried your best to maintain a constant speed throughout and actually did maintain a constant speed because you take it easy.... And now here it comes.... YOU MUST STILL ACCELERATE.

Explain please.
    Going from jogging to sprinting has to be explained, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    Dude, just how far can a sprinter accelerate, well?
    For the 200?

Look at the table and you can figure it out on your own. That's why I gave it to you dumb .

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    its pretty clear that they're accelerating during the curve, throughout the whole curve. that is longer than the 0-50. it's equally clear you dont really know what acceleration/velocity mean
    So you really think sprinters can accelerate from a start to the head of a 200m curve, right?

Post Count
    Going from jogging to sprinting has to be explained, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Subs ute "try to and accomplish maintaining the same speed" dumbass, if you must to understand it.

Either you are trying to avoid being embarrassed, really stupid, or both.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    For the 200?

Look at the table and you can figure it out on your own. That's why I gave it to you dumb .
    Dude, you don't watch my videros I don't look at yoiur charts, ok?

Dude, at what point do sprinters hit that max veloicity in a 200m, well?

Post Count
    And I'm out for tonight.
    If will revisit this stubborn stupidity tomorrow.

Maybe by that time you will have it and we can go further into the more interesting part the table shows.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Subs ute "try to and accomplish maintaining the same speed" dumbass, if you must to understand it.

Either you are trying to avoid being embarrassed, really stupid, or both.
    Smacking a dumbass like you around is enbarrashing, hahaha~~~~ Dude, do you know anything at all about actual sprinting? You look like some re .

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And I'm out for tonight.
    If will revisit this stubborn stupidity tomorrow.

Maybe by that time you will have it and we can go further into the more interesting part the table shows.
    I talk actual sprinting stupid, ok? Tables hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anyone thinking any sprinter is accelerating coming off a 200m curve is a moron.

Pay attention rookies.

World class sprinters can only run all out about 70m, ok? Now in that first 70 we have reaction to the gun/start, ok? Now here comes....acceleration.....ya with me? That only lasts 50ish meters, then a few meters of transiting into...max velocity, topend....OK? That lasts 20ish meters give or take, ok? The last stage of a 100 is.....decelleration, OK? Other than "speed reserve" it's pretty much the same st 200m, obviously at that distance the start/acceleration not as important.

NOBODY...NOBODY....is accelerating coming off a 200m curve, and if ya know sprinting ya know this.

Never seen so many rookies in one place before, sheesh~~~~~~~~

Those who really know sprinting talk about this....

The purpose of speed endurance is to prolong the amount of time where a near maximal speed can be maintained.

That is sprinting, that ability to sustain/maintain maximal velocity. All great sprinters are loaded down with speed endurance.

Sprinting
    Acceleration Phase

Once the sprinter takes off from the blocks, they begin to accelerate by increasing stride length and stride frequency. The length of this phase can be anywhere from 30 to 50 meters among top sprinters during a 100-meter race. During acceleration, the time in which the foot is in contact with the ground is relatively long in order to generate high levels of force, but decreases as the sprinter achieves maximum running speed.
    Constant Speed Phase

The constant speed phase can be submaximal, maximal or supramaximal and is characterized by both the stride length and stride frequency remaining the same over a period of time. This phase is generally achieved between the 60 to 80 meter mark in men and 50 to 70 meter mark in women. In principle, the top sprinters can sustain this phase over a distance of 10 to 20 meters. The difference between elite and sub-elite sprinters is the frequency of stride, demonstrating that it is more important than the length of the stride.
    Deceleration Phase

The last phase is categorized by a decrease in sprinting speed, usually occurring between the 80 and 100-meter mark in top sprinters. Velocity begins to decrease on a scale of .5 to 1.5 meters per second and is caused by central and peripheral fatigue. The decrease in speed is mainly caused by a decrease in stride frequency, as stride length and ground contact time is increased when compared to the third sprinting phase

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobody is still accelerating coming off a 200m curve, ok rookies?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-19-2018 at 01:55 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    here's the kicker, avante

if you are walking in a circular path at a constant speed, you are accelerating the entire time

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    here's the kicker, avante

if you are walking in a circular path at a constant speed, you are accelerating the entire time
    So there is no difference in sprinting?

How far can a human sprint at max velocity?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So there is no difference in sprinting?
    you could be accelerating at a faster rate... but even if you are walking at a constant speed of 1 mile per hour in a circular path, you are accelerating

this is because velocity refers to how fast you are moving in a given direction

so if you are changing direction, you are changing velocity. this is why when running on a semi-circle (like they do in the 200m), they are accelerating around the entire curve. if you are curving towards your left, you must put a lot more force/weight on your outside (right) foot

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you could be accelerating at a faster rate... but even if you are walking at a constant speed of 1 mile per hour in a circular path, you are accelerating

this is because velocity refers to how fast you are moving in a given direction

so if you are changing direction, you are changing velocity. this is why when running on a semi-circle (like they do in the 200m), they are accelerating around the entire curve. if you are curving towards your left, you must put a lot more force/weight on your outside (right) foot
    In sprinting that word....accelerate....means a sprinter is gaining speed up and into his max speed, his topend speed, that max velocity. Everyone in sprinting knows you can only accelerate so long before that transitiion to MV. Trying to sell....accelerating to the top of a 200m curve will not work no many how ya try to explain it, it simply does not happen, IF.....we use... acceleration.... like we all do in sprinting.

Nobody into sprinting is going to buy sprinters are accelerating around a 200m curve, trust me, they know better.

What about this don't you understand?

Acceleration Phase

Once the sprinter takes off from the blocks, they begin to accelerate by increasing stride length and stride frequency. The length of this phase can be anywhere from********* 30 to 50 meters********** among top sprinters during a 100-meter race. During acceleration, the time in which the foot is in contact with the ground is relatively long in order to generate high levels of force, but decreases as the sprinter achieves maximum running speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you really think sprinters are capable of accelerating further than 50ish meters? You are confusing the final stages of that acceleration phase into the transition phase into the topend stage. Dude, if sprinters were still accelerating coming off the curve you are saying they don't reach max velocity unil around.....hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

Pay attention

The key to sprint speed is the horizontal force the sprinter can generate. When that force is equal to drag on the runner, the runner cannot achieve a faster time. The force out of the blocks is often larger, as pushing against the blocks is more efficient than pushing against a flat surface. As a result, a sprinter can rapidly approach their top speed very shortly after a good start. The UNAM group has extracted some of these factors for Usain Bolt's 2009 IAAF record-setting run, based on times and locations every tenth of a second (supplied by the IAAF.)

First, Bolt comes out of the blocks with an acceleration of nearly one g. This is driven by a force of 817 N (184 lb). This isn't terribly surprising, as the legs are used to operating under a load of one g – it is simply a matter of training the muscles to work fully for horizontal propulsion. What is more surprising is that the UNAM analysis shows that Bolt is able to maintain that level of force for horizontal motion for the entire 100-meter event.

Maintaining a constant force implies that Bolt, at some point, will slowly approach a maximum speed.**** His acceleration falls essentially to zero between four and five seconds from the start of the race, and he maintains a speed of some 12.2 m/s (27.3 mph) throughout the remainder of the race.*************

Dude, sprinters don't accelerate no 10 seconds ok, get off that stupid , ok? This is sprinting dude, in sprinting the word ...accelerate....isn't about walking in ing circles, ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-19-2018 at 02:30 AM.

Thread Information