Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im pretty sure if it were up to Kawhi, he would have been back since november playing normal rotation minutes...pop is babying him and kawhi is too nice to call him ut on it...but best believe the compe or in him has his bags packed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's back.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs as a franchise can't afford for fans and local sponsors to lose interest all regular season just because Pop wants to be cute with resting year after year. It's going to catch up to them financially.
    Pop has been doing this for years. If it was going to "catch up with them" it would have happened long ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think that resting players in an inflated 82 game season is stopping professional athletes from being properly conditioned (doing their job) in the playoffs you're a ing idiot. Absolute ing idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald
    Jeff McDonald
    @JMcDonald_SAEN
    Pop says Kawhi Leonard, Tony Parker and Danny Green are expected to play tonight against Denver, unless something goes awry with warm-ups.
    4:49 PM · Jan 13, 2018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good news

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to me to agree that just because there are injuries, resting is this re ed, idiotic practice.

It might affect conditioning negatively, but it might as well be that resting is not a guarantee of health, it's just an attempt to help prevent injuries related to lack of resting (not all injuries), and prolong the careers of the players, specially old ones.

I agree conditioning is very important and they need to account for it when thinking about resting.
    But for me Kawhi is injury prone, rest or not.
    Rest is pop trying to limit the low odds of injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People worried about this for nothing, the initial diagnosis was a good one. This wasn't like his quad, a shoulder strain (especially a lower grade) is pretty common, and the recovery time is not very long for it. Pop said he didn't think he'd be out long and the team said it wasn't serious, that was all good news.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think that resting players in an inflated 82 game season is stopping professional athletes from being properly conditioned (doing their job) in the playoffs you're a ing idiot. Absolute ing idiot.
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you clearly havent played sports...repe ion is everything to athletes...why do you think the first week of NBA games teams look out of sorts? by your statement, you dont believe chemistry exists...question...if the warriors dont play the entire season and was just placed into the playoffs after never playing...and they play us, who have been playing all of our players for most of the season (in a world where we werent injured and pop wasnt babying players)...who do you think wins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one who isn't injured is being rested to the point to where they're not able to build chemistry with the team. Saying that resting players isn't causing more injuries and not an issue is very different from saying chemistry doesn't exist. That's a large and inaccurate leap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Michael Jordan's trainer is an idiot? Michael Jordan was one of the most well conditioned athletes of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playign 82 games back in the day was a regular occurrence. Nowadays it's rare to even see it. players would play 82 and 80 games for years and years. Westbrooke didn't miss a game until Patrick Beverley put him out. I was in the military. We had PT early in the morning 4 times a week. The only day we didn't have pt we had training. The only other time we didn't have it was if it was a day before a PT test. I wish we had 1sgs like Popovich giving us rest. Especially when the weather was 30 degrees and we'd still be out running miles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this tbqh

Wilt averaged 48.5 minutes a game in one of his seasons and never complained. Poop is creating millenial pussies on this team
    People don't realize that a 48 minute nba game isn't 48 straight minutes of playing. . You have timeouts for both teams(I'm glad the league cut those down), tv time outs, freethrows(which takes about a minute to a minute and a half per player in each set), injuries, and half time. So a 48 minute game lasts 2 and a half hours on average. I just never understood how players got tired especially when they aren't running an offense like the Nuggets in the early 2000s or LMU in the late 80s. Those are guys that needed rest. especially with the way they practiced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wilt would walk the length of the court tbqh

Todays game is fast paces thus players get tired

at the couch potatoes here complaining about players getting tired

Fat slobs would barely make it past half a court

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    wilt would walk the length of the court tbqh

Todays game is fast paces thus players get tired

at the couch potatoes here complaining about players getting tired

Fat slobs would barely make it past half a court
    what? nba pace was much faster in wilt's day

https://www.basketball-reference.com...NBA_stats.html

Wilt would play the entire game, then have some menthols and cognac each night afterwards while ing random white women. none of this 28 minute no back to back bull with gy vegan diets like the millenial pussies today

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regular season doesnt matter wins losses, but sure does for chemistry.
    AND DRAFT PICK - We ain’t wining this year so I am OK playing it safe and sit Kawhi and rest everyone else as much as possible

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical smart ass answer from Pop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Wilt averaged just over 48 minutes per game one season. NBA teams also inquired about him playing in his mid and late 40s. He still could have played limited minutes if he wanted to come back.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what? nba pace was much faster in wilt's day

https://www.basketball-reference.com...NBA_stats.html

Wilt would play the entire game, then have some menthols and cognac each night afterwards while ing random white women. none of this 28 minute no back to back bull with gy vegan diets like the millenial pussies today

Thread Information