Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the game for three quarters its pretty clear there is no leader among any of them. Kawhi just sits there and doesn't say anything and looks like he doesn't want to play basketball any more. LMA I think got mad because all the bench warmers were jacking up shots the whole game. Isn't there one guy one the team that is athletic enough to get their shot that can fill in at some point? Every Spur looked like a D leaguer tonight even the TnT crew didn't want to watch the game and neither did I. This team must lead the league in not guarding people at the three point line. They refuse to do it and LB Acne face can even hit three on this pansy defense if you want to call it defense....The entire team took the night off.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enlightening OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't PATFO pay Hamburger Patty 50 million to be the team leader of spirit and culture?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team was hungover, dude. They were out last night partying. League probably gave them the holiday for that purpose, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't PATFO pay Hamburger Patty 50 million to be the team leader of spirit and culture?
    Doesnt it just prove my point the talent in the nba is laughable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesnt it just prove my point the talent in the nba is laughable
    Not necessarily, but it is prima facie evidence that valuing Spur culture over basketball skill is a poor trade-off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When his shot isn't falling, he should provide some leadership. He failed on both counts last night. Let's not even talk about his ball handling/passing...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear to god, this sounds like a satirical post but this 100% what PATFO fluffers said after 12:01am

you can't overpay for locker room chemistry, set culture, and veteran leadership.. Kyrie doesn't bring that while Patty does. Yay RC

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When his shot isn't falling, he should provide some leadership. He failed on both counts last night. Let's not even talk about his ball handling/passing...
    Maybe the whole team did follow the lead of the worst player on the court, hence the overall poor showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean we have no leader? Patty isn't paid his salary to play basketball son...

I actually like the deal, it makes both basketball and payroll sense. We felt what the market was like on guys like Hill and Lowry, nothing doing so we sign Patty to a under market value tradable contract, parkers contract comes of the books at the end of next season. Patty assumes the lead vet guard role while the two grommets continue to develop while Parker is healing. When Parker comes back if he isn't up to it or is slow to come on you still have a 9 year vet who is able to hold the fort. Next season we can move TP or he retires and we can move Patty back to back up behind which ever of the young guys has improved the most. That bench will be minus Manu so we keep the Spurs leadership in th second unit with Mills. By year three if mills is declining his deal becomes a tradable one for a team looking to absorb cash.

there was not one better option at point guard on the market for 12 million. Not one.

name one?
    Good for team culture with Manu, Tony and Timmy all likely absent from training camp.
    Sounds steep, but honestly, Mills is the heart and soul of the team. With Manu and Parker likely both out the door next year, who else is going to define the culture?

Kawhi doesn't it quietly, but Mills is more vocal as what needs to be done.
    You have to have him in the locker room. It was a deal for work ethic and leadership not just skill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand chemistry and continuity to an extent, but Mills literally can't do ANYTHING well and it's been quite obvious for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    continuity baby. Continuity getting beat in the second round and WCF, if they are lucky enough to get there. At least Gasol is locked up long term.

Enjoy it boys. Enjoy the H-E-B ads these guys do with Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    continuity baby. Continuity getting beat in the second round and WCF, if they are lucky enough to get there. At least Gasol is locked up long term.

Enjoy it boys. Enjoy the H-E-B ads these guys do with Tim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear to god, this sounds like a satirical post but this 100% what PATFO fluffers said after 12:01am

you can't overpay for locker room chemistry, set culture, and veteran leadership.. Kyrie doesn't bring that while Patty does. Yay RC
    Patty has played like garbage, but when you sign players like kyrie, durant, carmelo, there is no more basketball. Its traveling chucking crying quitting and1 mixtape trash.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Kawhi would maybe do some coaching from the sidelines. I thought maybe he'd try to motivate and inspire his teammates. Maybe give a little advice from what he's seeing from the sidelines. Kinda like how I've seen injured players who can't play have done. But Kawhi just sat there. It seemed like he didn't really have a dog in the fight. Kawhi's leadership will come in the form of leading by example, letting his play do the talking. But yeah, not a whole lotta traditional on court leadership on this team..I hate to say it but this team kinda looks like a bunch of G-league slash fringe NBA players. This team can't score. How many 80 something point games have the Spurs produced so far? I think the defense is there, offense is the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Kawhi would maybe do some coaching from the sidelines. I thought maybe he'd try to motivate and inspire his teammates. Maybe give a little advice from what he's seeing from the sidelines. Kinda like how I've seen injured players who can't play have done. But Kawhi just sat there. It seemed like he didn't really have a dog in the fight. Kawhi's leadership will come in the form of leading by example, letting his play do the talking. But yeah, not a whole lotta traditional on court leadership on this team..I hate to say it but this team kinda looks like a bunch of G-league slash fringe NBA players. This team can't score. How many 80 something point games have the Spurs produced so far? I think the defense is there, offense is the problem.
    I agree with your observations about Kawhi. Moreover, nobody else looked like he had a dog in that fight, either. Didn't see Tony doing any of those things or even Manu. In the wake of Tim's retirement, there just appears to be a worse leadership void than I expected. When your two best players are Kawhi and LMA, there is a desperate need for somebody to be a real strong vocal leader. I don't see him on the current roster. That guy would preferably be your starting PG. I think the Spurs need to figure out some way of cleaning out all the clutter at the position and find a PG who can be a vocal leader and also direct the team on the court. As much as I did not really want CP3 this past off-season, he might have filled the bill perfectly. My hindsight...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other night when Bertans hit his 15th (~) three, Kawhi was just sitting there without any expression while the team was jumping around and climbing on each other.

Prob trying his hardest not to chew his tongue while on camera.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with your observations about Kawhi. Moreover, nobody else looked like he had a dog in that fight, either. Didn't see Tony doing any of those things or even Manu. In the wake of Tim's retirement, there just appears to be a worse leadership void than I expected. When your two best players are Kawhi and LMA, there is a desperate need for somebody to be a real strong vocal leader. I don't see him on the current roster. That guy would preferably be your starting PG. I think the Spurs need to figure out some way of cleaning out all the clutter at the position and find a PG who can be a vocal leader and also direct the team on the court. As much as I did not really want CP3 this past off-season, he might have filled the bill perfectly. My hindsight...
    Yea, your right about Tony n Manu looking not really into it. Also about Tim Duncan, I remember seeing TD in the timeout huddles in his 5x blazers involved with the team. Timmy was damn sure vocal on the court. I don't think Kawhi has to be talky talky on the court, but seems like these younger Spurs and maybe a few of the vets could use a little on court guidance and a player who's gonna hold you accountable. CP3 would certainly be welcomed on this team right about now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Kemba Walker?.. What's his contract? Can he be gotten? He's probably a broken down CP3. He's vocal. He's skilled. He's a really good point guard, just had ty teams. I believe a point guard like Kemba could flourish with the Spurs. Plus..how cool would a Kemba Kawhi, Kawhi Kemba combo be to say? As well to watch. So if anyone has R.C.'s number, float Kemba Walker around to him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Kemba Walker?.. What's his contract? Can he be gotten? He's probably a broken down CP3. He's vocal. He's skilled. He's a really good point guard, just had ty teams. I believe a point guard like Kemba could flourish with the Spurs. Plus..how cool would a Kemba Kawhi, Kawhi Kemba combo be to say? As well to watch. So if anyone has R.C.'s number, float Kemba Walker around to him.
    Wonder if Kemba's over himself ? After all the losing he's done in Charlotte, I'm almost sure he wants to win. Kinda like Rudy Gay.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kinda wish the Spurs had a player in his prime not over himself

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kinda wish the Spurs had a player in his prime not over himself
    This team sure could use an alpha-player..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I might have to talk about this. I've ignored it, mostly because I have no idea what he's thinking. He doesn't seem to encourage his teammates at all. He's nothing like TD in that aspect of the game. I've seen him laughing on the bench when the Spurs are down and getting their asses whooped at certain points of games. When Kyle Anderson hurt his knee, Kawhi was joking around with someone laughing it up, while most of his other teammates showed great concern if Kyle is OK. I mean, maybe Kawhi doesn't think Kyle is that good of a player, and neither do I, but I still wouldn't be joking around if I was on the team and saw him go down.

I really can't figure this guy out anymore. Is that just how he is, or does he not give a about the Spurs anymore and already has one foot out of the door?

Thread Information