My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other playoff teams in the western conference

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs numbers are unreliable due to key offensive players being out long stretches. But I think it does speak to how poor our next generation players are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a coincidence that the Warriors post up only 6% of the time and Rockets post up 2% of the time.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs future looks bleak. Their young players look to be solid bench players at best. I know it's hard to judge this team with Kawhi barely having played but even when everyone is healthy you compare them to the Warriors and Rockets and we still look like we should be overwhelmed.

Pop needs to get with the times. 2 7 footers who prefer to play 20 feet from the basket isn't going to work, and being obsessed with midrange shots, the least efficient shot in basketball, is something that should have been abandoned from years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhiny ever gets healthy again, the Spurs are about to fall back in love with isoball and the beautiful game will be dead, killed by a bad boy out of Compton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The midrange shot will continue to be a part of this offense so long as Aldridge is featured. Kawhi also loves it, so him being back isn't going to change things. Besides those two you also have Tony.

To change this offense they would need a change in personnel. It is what it is when it comes to those three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not surprising we're bad at transition, cuts, PnR, screens and misc. Those all require finishing skills that guys like Murray, Green, etc don't have, and Parker/etc are losing because of age/lack of athleticism. We could really benefit from layup bootcamp with B Diddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the most boring seasons I can remember. Aside from manu's play theirs literally nothing to get excited about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have missed starters
    So when bench players play against other team starters they will not play as good if they were playing other bench players
    Spurs need a big off the bench though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the most boring seasons I can remember. Aside from manu's play theirs literally nothing to get excited about.
    You do not excited over pop pathetic liberal takes
    Good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From here:
    Not surprissing at all. Spurs offense isn't even top ten this season.

We can see those categories where Spurs are just average, below average and poor this season, Kawhi was excellent last season.
    He hid many Spurs problems on the offensive end
    Last edited by YGWHI; 01-10-2018 at 11:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhiny ever gets healthy again, the Spurs are about to fall back in love with isoball and the beautiful game will be dead, killed by a bad boy out of Compton.
    What beautiful game??? In this season??? Stop trolling.

Spurs offense is really bad for a supposed contender, is in the middle of 30 teams when last season was top 5 almost whole season

Also, Kawhi's offensive game is way more of just isos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridiculous

People here say that Kawhi's just an iso-scorer when he only goes iso in 12.6% of time...The same number of possessions he gets in transition...

Last edited by YGWHI; 01-10-2018 at 11:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What beautiful game??? In this season??? Stop trolling.

Spurs offense is really bad for a supposed contender, is in the middle of 30 teams when last season was top 5 almost whole season

Also, Kawhi's offensive game is way more of just isos.
    Play Boban can't be bogged down with things like "facts". He has garbage to spew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprissing at all. Spurs offense isn't even top ten this season.

We can see those categories where Spurs are just average, below average and poor this season, Kawhi was excellent last season.
    He hid many Spurs problems on the offensive end
    Definitely. I wouldn’t use the term hid... He’s just that good and impactful and him missing there’s no single player that can give you everything he gives you. He has been an MVP caliber player for a reason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play Boban can't be bogged down with things like "facts". He has garbage to spew.
    So true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a coincidence that the Warriors post up only 6% of the time and Rockets post up 2% of the time.
    they also dont have any post players

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they also dont have any post players
    Bull .

Livingston, Durant are better post player than anyone on the Spurs -- Rudy and healty/last year Kawhi being the only exception

And West and Klay put up better numbers from the post than Aldridge and Pau as well.

I guess you didn't know that Aldridge is shooting 44%, and Pau is shooting 41% from the post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .

Livingston, Durant are better post player than anyone on the Spurs -- Rudy and healty/last year Kawhi being the only exception

And West and Klay put up better numbers from the post than Aldridge and Pau as well.

I guess you didn't know that Aldridge is shooting 44%, and Pau is shooting 41% from the post.
    By that logic, Gasol is on the short list of best 3-point shooters because he's shot an elite % the past season and a half and the 2 years prior to that, Parker was too.

Of course, context is everything. Aldridge consistently faces the best opposing interior defender, has to carry a heavy offensive load and posts up in volume (think he leads the league), which naturally has an adverse affect on his %. Livingston, on the other hand, almost always feasts on a sub par and/or physically overmatched guard, that he can easily shoot over, while Durant has a physical mismatch almost ever game since he's the height and length of a center but plays as a combo forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very unexciting season probably one of the most unexciting seasons a long time the way guys have been in and out this year. I was looking forward to seeing Kawhi go into god mode every game this season but due to the injuries was deprived of that.

Thread Information