My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't do anything tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the team with the worst guards in the league, and it's not close. If Drunkford can sober up for a couple of hours and find a way to trade for either Tyreke, Dinwiddie, Clarkson, or Lamb (who I hadn't paid attention to until MaNu4Tres made me do some research on him) that would be perfect.

Not a fan of trading for another big tbh. I'd rather go small ball any day of the week, preferably with Gay getting minutes at the 4. Gasol playing with the second unit when Aldridge sits is fine with me (except against the Warriors where he shouldn't see ANY minutes)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills & rights to Milutinov or a pick in 2019 (if needed) to Charlotte for Jeremy Lamb, MCW ( just waive him).

Hornets get their much needed back up PG (they don't have one -- MCW doesn't count since he's not a NBA player) and insurance in case Kemba walks after next season.

Spurs get one of most underrated wings in the NBA who has another year on his deal after this year. Gives Spurs competent wing insurance since Manu may retire and Danny's Free Agency this summer. Also gives Spurs incredible lineup flexibility this year against the teams that matter.
    Sounds good. Somehow I don't think Charlotte will take it but as an idea, sounds good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Due to injuries, this team has not jelled, making it easier to trade and incorporate a new person in the rotation without losing the nonexistent chemistry. That said, Spurs prefer shopping the bargain bin during buyout season, so I highly doubt any trades will happen. I doubt they can get a 2/3 in a trade as it is the scarcest commodity and therefore the highest asking price. If there is a trade, I would suppose it’s a big man to bolster are aging center, who has been great this year, but at his age, and given how bad his back up is, a position that could be improved.
    The lack of chemistry could just as well mitigate against any trades. The reasoning: With all of the turmoil this season, we don't even know what we have. Why make a move before we have had a chance to see what the roster is like when everybody is healthy/available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a big and maybe they are looking but since no one is going to take Lauvergne off their hands. /shrugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of chemistry could just as well mitigate against any trades. The reasoning: With all of the turmoil this season, we don't even know what we have. Why make a move before we have had a chance to see what the roster is like when everybody is healthy/available?
    I thought so too. The obvious hole they have is Joff underperforming.

Other than that they are playing guys upwards of 30 minutes who should probably play no more than 20 with a healthy roster and with a fully healthy team, other than that big spot they are basically set. They need a better PG but are unlikely to acquire it midseason IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a big and maybe they are looking but since no one is going to take Lauvergne off their hands. /shrugs
    They don't really need one. They'll win 50+ games as is.. have the 3rd or 4th seed. The two playoff series that matter will both play smaller in front court and Spurs will be fine w/ LA and Gasol eating all the minutes at the 5 w/ small stints playing together. The 3rd big wouldn't really get time anyway when it matters.

Spurs wouldn't be wise giving up an asset for an insurance big that won't play relevant minutes when it matters most. Not smart giving up the asset for a big that would be nothing more than a regular season filler. If they needed one so bad, just find a taker for Paul and sign a FA big that's on the market ( Jordan Hill).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't really need one. They'll win 50+ games as is.. have the 3rd or 4th seed. The two playoff series that matter will both play smaller in front court and Spurs will be fine w/ LA and Gasol eating all the minutes at the 5 w/ small stints playing together. The 3rd big wouldn't really get time anyway when it matters.
    They need it for the RS, IMO.
    I can't think of anybody but that's bc I don't know what's going on with the rest of the league in terms what's available. But they sure could use an energy big in the mold of Jordan Bell for example. I don't know if such a player is available or if the Spurs can trade for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought so too. The obvious hole they have is Joff underperforming.

Other than that they are playing guys upwards of 30 minutes who should probably play no more than 20 with a healthy roster and with a fully healthy team, other than that big spot they are basically set. They need a better PG but are unlikely to acquire it midseason IMO.
    Completely agree. Joff is the only player I see that might potentially lose his roster spot, although BP3 is edging in that direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big is dead last in the needs of this team. They have to go small against the only teams that matter anyways....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All we need is health
    And a point guard and a center

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. Joff is the only player I see that might potentially lose his roster spot, although BP3 is edging in that direction.
    Joff isn't even part of the rotation anymore. Pop is staggering Pau and LA just fine after they play together to start each half.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't understand the Patty Mills hate... He's been nuttin but a 1st class teammate since he's been here. His towel waving on the bench, if someone falls he's the 1st to help pick them up, never complains, and tries his ass off. An all you disloyal, made, pussy, fair weather mutha as talk about is trading him or getting rid of him cuz the FO gave him 50mil at 12:01am on the 1st day of signing. What was he pose to do, not take it!?!
    He was trying his ass of in 2013-14 when he was in incredible shape. Not so much now, I can't believe RC handed him $50 million when he was a fatass.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    They probably won't make a trade, wouldn't want to mess with the system they have going under Pop (sarcasm).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And a point guard and a center

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

the numbers work with murray or bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Fatty krew ^

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Clippers take on $60mil of guaranteed money?
    Because Spurstalk doesn't like Patty and Pau.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the injuries to Leonard, Green and Gay are worse than they're letting on, Spurs don't need wing depth. They need a legit third center option and in the unlikely event they make a move, I expect that to be it.

Willie Hernangomez for Bryn Forbes?
    Knicks wouldn't do that. They'll likely trade or bench O'Quinn post deadline to clear a rotation spot. They also have shooters on the wings, in Lee, McDermott and to a lesser extent Hardaway and Dotson.

Mills & rights to Milutinov or a pick in 2019 (if needed) to Charlotte for Jeremy Lamb, MCW ( just waive him).

Hornets get their much needed back up PG (they don't have one -- MCW doesn't count since he's not a NBA player) and insurance in case Kemba walks after next season.
    Spurs get one of most underrated wings in the NBA who has another year on his deal after this year. Gives Spurs competent wing insurance since Manu may retire and Danny's Free Agency this summer. Also gives Spurs incredible lineup flexibility this year against the teams that matter.
    I know they have looming financial issues, but if Lamb maintains his current level, he's at the very least a good contract, if not a bargain. He's also been their best wing and with Batum falling off a cliff and Monk coming along slowly, they lack quality wing depth.

Mills also makes no sense unless Walker is traded because they'd be too small defensively to play much together, he makes too much and is traditionally too good to be a 12-15 mpg player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As nice as it would be to have another good Defending Big, DeAndre Jordan would stall the offense horribly on this team. And his contract sucks too. Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the team should consider making some kind of move. Even if it's just bringing Belinelli back for a 2nd round pick, I think we could really use his shooting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills + a first and rights to some second rounders for Belineli.

Basically I dream of the day when all it will take is a first rounder to get off of Mills' terrible deal and get an expiring in exchange.

But that's not happening. All they had to do was let him walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson for Larry Nance Jr.
    Throw in a free number 2 plain and dry, 2 slices of cheese whatasized with fries and a large order of onion rings, coke with no ice from whataburger.
    man it's been almost 2 years since I've had one of those..must be hungry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson for Larry Nance Jr.
    Throw in a free number 2 plain and dry, 2 slices of cheese whatasized with fries and a large order of onion rings, coke with no ice from whataburger.
    man it's been almost 2 years since I've had one of those..must be hungry.
    Could you imagine Longo and Fathead on the floor together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you imagine Longo and Fathead on the floor together
    They'd .just keep passing it to each other since they both have no offensive skills..

Thread Information