My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...e-year-stretch

All the other teams are expansion teams and or small market teams.

The only other big market team on the list was the post Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Jackson Bulls.

Lakers
    Kobe turning the Lakers from the 2nd most accomplished team in league history to one of the worst, on his own
    Kobe killing Dr. Buss
    Laker fans: " but Lavar Jr. "
    can't attract any good free agents as one of the most desired NBA cities (if not the most desired North American city) just because Kobe himself made it an undesirable destination

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lakers pre-Kobe: one of the greatest franchises in sports with a rich championship history
    Lakers post-Kobe: the new old Clippers

The Kobe Effect

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...e-year-stretch

All the other teams are expansion teams and or small market teams.

The only other big market team on the list was the post Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Jackson Bulls.

Lakers
    Kobe turning the Lakers from the 2nd most accomplished team in league history to one of the worst, on his own
    Kobe killing Dr. Buss
    Laker fans: " but Lavar Jr. "
    can't attract any good free agents as one of the most desired NBA cities (if not the most desired North American city) just because Kobe himself made it an undesirable destination
    i read that ...but great timing ...
    the sucking ... has been tough to swallow but getting Randle, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart and Ball will hopefully prove worth it in the end ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall about some racist mother ers

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Can't really blame Kobe for making it an undesirable destination as of right now. Lakers never had a future once Jim took over. And now Magic. They have had plenty of picks to have a chance to draft some good players. Jim firing the whole scouting department is what set them back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers pre-Kobe: one of the greatest franchises in sports with a rich championship history
    Lakers post-Kobe: the new old Clippers

The Kobe Effect
    To add clarity to the situation.

https://imgur.com/S8W44Xl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Additional data.

The respective ulative season records of the Lakers when the following players led the team in WS:
    Wilt: 184-62 = 74.8 winning %
    Magic: 598-222 = 72.9%
    Shaq: 273-105 = 72.2%
    MVPau: 220-92 = 70.5%
    Kareem: 299-193 = 60.8%
    Kbe: 329-245 = 57.3% (the lwest winning % of all the greats in Laker history on this list with +150 wins, clser to AC Green than to MVPau)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can't really blame Kobe for making it an undesirable destination as of right now. Lakers never had a future once Jim took over. And now Magic. They have had plenty of picks to have a chance to draft some good players. Jim firing the whole scouting department is what set them back.
    the firing of scouts during lockout was unconscionable for a team that makes that type of money ...
    but here you go bringing commom sense and reason to a troll thread ...since apparently Buss getting cheap in his old age is on Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the firing of scouts during lockout was unconscionable for a team that makes that type of money ...
    but here you go bringing commom sense and reason to a troll thread ...since apparently Buss getting cheap in his old age is on Kobe.
    It's exactly why free agents refuse to sign with the Lakers despite the Lakers mentioning multiple times that free agency is the road back to relevance for them, not the draft. But yes, it was because they fired the scouting department.

What scouts do you need to know that you should sign Durant and Lebron?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's exactly why free agents refuse to sign with the Lakers despite the Lakers mentioning multiple times that free agency is the road back to relevance for them, not the draft. But yes, it was because they fired the scouting department.

What scouts do you need to know that you should sign Durant and Lebron?
    dont be obtuse ...lack of scouting not only impact signings but also trades and drafts. Both Aldridge, Melo and Durant all publicly stated Kobe was not a deterrent in signing in LA. maybe they are lying but since you have no proof otherwise ill take them at their word ...Melo took the most $ he could get and Aldridge and Durant chose contenders. LeBron chose to go home ..
    Where lakers failed is when they were refused by overrated scrubs like Greg Monroe and turned around and signed mozgoff and deng to big $ who sucked even worse ...none of that is Kobe related.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont be obtuse ...lack of scouting not only impact signings but also trades and drafts. Both Aldridge, Melo and Durant all publicly stated Kobe was not a deterrent in signing in LA. maybe they are lying but since you have no proof otherwise ill take them at their word ...Melo took the most $ he could get and Aldridge and Durant chose contenders. LeBron chose to go home ..
    Where lakers failed is when they were refused by overrated scrubs like Greg Monroe and turned around and signed mozgoff and deng to big $ who sucked even worse ...none of that is Kobe related.
    The big names turned down the lakers because they chose contenders. I wonder why they weren’t contending in the first place.

Thread Information