Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Governent is currently making big strides in Idlib. Will this thing be over in 2018? What will the Turks role be? They are planning to attack SDF held Afrin as we speak, what will the USA have to say about that since we back SDF? Will Russia let turkey do it? Will turkey ever leave Syria or try to land grab? ISIS has fallen mostly but I feel like this thing is going to get even more dicey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new war in Repug-created hole of the M/E

Turkey starts ground incursion into Kurdish-controlled Afrin in Syria

Move follows intense aerial bombardment of enclave, with Kurdish militias s ing Turkish border province in response

Turkey said it had begun a ground incursion into the Kurdish enclave in Syria known as Afrin a day after intense aerial bombardment that signalled the opening of hostilities in a new phase of Ankara’s involvement in the war across the border.

The launch of the ground campaign by the Turkish military on Sunday, alongside Syrian rebel factions under Ankara’s tutelage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/21/turkey-starts-ground-incursion-into-kurdish-controlled-afrin-in-syria

The Kurds have been backed by the USA against ISIS

Turkey is great friends with Putin

Turkey and USA are both NATO members

Thanks, Repugs and BigOil.

For a decade plus now, and for decades to come, the world will be a better place and thankful for your geopolitical ups.

Anybody here buy any of dubya's Wounded Warrior hole paintings? Warriors that dubya himself Wounded for BigOil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Governent is currently making big strides in Idlib. Will this thing be over in 2018? What will the Turks role be? They are planning to attack SDF held Afrin as we speak, what will the USA have to say about that since we back SDF? Will Russia let turkey do it? Will turkey ever leave Syria or try to land grab? ISIS has fallen mostly but I feel like this thing is going to get even more dicey.
    Assad will cling to power as long as he is still supported by Iran and Russia. He will eventually finish the civil war and kill a lot more people in reprisal. Refugee crisis will continue unabated.

ISIS will stick around, lobbing car bombs for decades.

Ground situation will stabilize as Assad reasserts control. Turkey will get its handed to it by the battle-hardened Kurds, and will lean very very heavily on airpower, and eventually achieve its ends, but with more casualties than they would like.

Turkey will be allowed to crush the Kurds, because that is what Putin wants. Putin will back Turkey, because this eliminates an alternative power center in Syria. Because Trump doesn't want to cross Putin, Trump will sit idly by.

Majority of the fighting will be over in 2018, with a low level conflict raging for decades, fuelled by the Saudis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turkey will gain ground on Kurds.

Pace negotiations will be sabotaged by US/Saudi/Israel every time so Assad will resort to keep gaining ground on terrorist areas.

US will keep illegal ocupation and supporting and training terrorists who will keep being a pest to Assad.

A deal will be reached by Turkey/US to avoid direct confrontation will probably mean US betraying the Kurds to allow Turkish terrorist factions in Syria.

Sadly not much more will improve. Will be a stalemate until Iran/Saudi/US/israel decide to start WW3. This will most likely start by Saudi/Israel/US bombing of Iran//Syria and Lebanon. Probably aftr a false flag attack is staged by them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turkey will gain ground on Kurds.
    Check

A deal will be reached by Turkey/US to avoid direct confrontation will probably mean US betraying the Kurds to allow Turkish terrorist factions in Syria.
    And check. US already betraying the Kurds

The White House sent out a message aimed at mollifying Turkey’s president on Tuesday, suggesting that the United States was easing off its support for the Syrian Kurds.

For its part, the White House disavowed a plan by the American military to create a Kurdish-led force in northeastern Syria, which Turkey has vehemently opposed. Turkey, which considers the Kurdish militia a terrorist organization, fears the plan would cement a Kurdish enclave along its southern frontier.

canceling your 30,000 Kurd army plans after 2 days

Got damn Im good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a stupid plan to attempt to create an enclave composed of your NATO team members “terrorist” organization ontheir border

and we thought ObAma and Kerry were bad . Mattis, Tillerson and Trump are ing amateurs

Kurds are ing stupid if they stick with US. They have 2 options:
    1 Join Russia and Assad side and live
    2 Get obliterated by Turkey when US pulls its support from them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict hater and the local Nazi will root against US interests and predict an outcome that serves that viewpoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I root against terrorism and its sponsors. U dont??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict hater and the local Nazi will root against US interests and predict an outcome that serves that viewpoint.
    Pretty safe bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I wll root against war and forcefully removing forign leaders. That just creates more chaos and death as proven in the removal of Hussein and Ghaddafi.

And unlike posters above, Inalso root against Us neocon globalistic strategies. Always have always will.

Back on topic, if the US would withdraw from Syria theatre I believe total peace could be achieved within weeks. US is the main obstqcle to a true Syrian peace. Syria, Russia, Turkey, Iran and the rebel factions would broker a lasting peace deal.

As an additional prediction: war in Donbas will intensify as Ukraine is about to sign a law that equates declaration of war vs Russia and US arming Ukraine with lethal weapons free of charge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    neocons (essentially both parties) want regime change. that is always the desired outcome.

sha na na na na kneeeees Axl Rose's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Turkey is about to invade Afrin me thinks. Kurds to allow SAA into the city?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turkey is not againts kurds. turkey fighting againts usa backed terrorist PKK in syria. turkey welcomed 400 000 kurdish refugees from syria who ran away from pkk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turkey is not againts kurds. turkey fighting againts usa backed terrorist PKK in syria. turkey welcomed 400 000 kurdish refugees from syria who ran away from pkk.
    At least they aren't Armenians, am I right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, the Turkish operation smacks of Erdogan making up another fake enemy in order to consolidate more dictatorial powers, and marginalize any opposition.

It works the same in any country.

(edit)
    The big worry:
    A more immediate concern is whether the Turks plan to push into other YPG strongholds. America has some 2,000 troops stationed in Syria, many in the Kurdish-held north-east. If Turkish troops start shooting at YPG fighters in those areas, American soldiers could end up in the crossfire. The result could be a direct clash between NATO allies.
    https://www.economist.com/news/middl...icates-already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, the Turkish operation smacks of Erdogan making up another fake enemy in order to consolidate more dictatorial powers, and marginalize any opposition.

i wouldn't put it past that devil erdogan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

TURKEY TO U.S. TROOPS IN SYRIA: PLEASE MOVE SO WE CAN ATTACK YOUR KURDISH ALLIES

The U.S. military is refusing to say whether it will move hundreds of its troops from a town in northern Syria after Turkey vowed to extend its anti-Kurdish offensive there, potentially bringing Turkish forces into confrontation with their American allies.

“They'll stay or they'll go. Don't know what the answer will be,” Lt. Gen. Kenneth “Frank” McKenzie, director joint staff for the U.S. military, told reporters at the Pentagon Thursday.

Stupid Dog Mattis

What an incompetent buffoon makes Kerry look like Machiavelli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

US was in the process of founding a Kurdish permanent enclave in Turkish border and arming them with god knows what

That is possibly one of the stupidest move in warfare history

Its actually ing scary to think these incompetent clowns are running our military. As of right now if a big war breaks out vs a real adversary we would get our asses handed to us. So we would resort to nuking the planet and thus ending all life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now the us is in yet another lose lose situation.

Betray the kurds and thus looking like a joke of an army or possibly going at it vs a NATO brother

Holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And check. Called this

The US betayal of Kuds is complete:

The US told Ankara it will not deliver any more weapons to the Syrian Kurdish PYD/YPG fighters, Turkish media report. The news comes as the Turkish operation ‘Olive Branch’ in northern Syria has entered its eighth day.

hole army

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What an embarrasment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hearing some disturbing chatters on the twitterwebs nigas

Holefully this is jot true. Would be a slap in the face to Uncle Sam courtesy of Erdopig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word on the streets is Assad is allowing YPG to traverse his lqnds to go confront Turkey

In other words Assad is using US armed and trained Kurds against cErdopig

Genius imo

Let Turkey and US peasants bleed each other and then score great deals vs both when they are on their last legs

Playing chess while Stupid Dog Mattis and co play with their balls
    Last edited by hater; 02-01-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Thread Information