Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you meant the top rushing attack and a top 3 D of all time...
    How many games did RW win in the 4th quarter?

.Russell Wilson holds the record for game-winning drives through a quarterback's first four seasons.Wilson has brought the Seahawks back 18 times since the start of 2012. Pete Carroll constantly preaches "finish" and according to the Almanac, Wilson has done his part. When the team has faltered down the stretch, it's often been the defense that's had issues.
    In the fourth quarter last year, Wilson posted a passer rating of 114.8, tops in the NFL. His nine to one touchdown to interception ratio in the fourth also ranked first.
    Overall, the Seahawks have been an incredibly difficult team to blow out. According to the Almanac, they've either led or been within one score in the fourth quarter of 88 consecutive games. That's the longest streak in NFL history.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-17-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I always marvel at the Baldin/Locket duo. They'd be monsters with a top level QB.
    How in the does this non franchise/lower level QB keep making so many pro bowls, NFL record holder, NFL league stats leader? And, histories winning QB (%) ever?

This season he will be ranked in the top 15 NFL players by the players, how's he do all that being a lower level QB?

This is a lower leveL QB?

After the Seattle Seahawks 24-13 win over the San Franciso 49ers on Sunday, quarterback Russell Wilson has once again landed in the record books.
    Wilson has become the fastest player to pass for 150 touchdowns and log 3000 rushing yards, and he’s done it in just 91 games.
    Russell Wilson is the fastest player in the Super Bowl era to reach the 150 Pass TD mark and rush for 3000 Yds (91 games). pic.twitter.com/aH6Yo5SZJi
    — ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 27, 2017

ADD.....

Only QB to evrer start a career with two 100 QB ratings their first two seasons.

NFL record...4000/30/500...for a season. Came within 17 yards of doing that again this season.

NFL record 4th Quarter TD passes for a season.

Current NFL TD leader with 34.

His 110.1 QB rating led the NFL.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-17-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What Wilson has done in his first six seasons is on an historical level. So many NFL records, firsts, never seen befores. All anyone has to do is look at Brady, Montana, Peyton, Marino, Elway, Favre, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben at the same stage of things, they do not compare, IF....talking wins, stats, games played, combined.

They is no QB highlight video more...wow...than Russell Wilson's.

Cat left Wisconsin with an NCAA record for passing efficency in a season. Walks right in at Seattle and...NFL rookie TD record, SB winner, another SB, NFL records, multiple pro bowls. I challenge anyone to find a QB who did it better his first six seasons, who?

Seen them all since the late 50's, here we have unique talent, a one of a kind, and all those who know the game know this.

Whitlock, you know I love Russ. Is he the MVP of the entire league? - In my opinion, no question about it. It's Richard Sherman standing on the sidelines, Kam Chancellor standing on the sidelines, and somehow the Seattle Seahawks cooled off the hottest team in football. And it's because of Russell Wilson. The guy is a magician. It's Fran Tarkenton mixed with a little Brett Favre.
    Philly came at him in all different kinds of ways. The one time when he got the ball went deep, and it was almost a touchdown, and Philly showed their blitz. And I was like, you don't show Russell Wilson your blitz, 'cause he's a magician. Even if you get there, he's still going to make a play. And I think he's the MVP, no question. I think this guy is headed to the Hall of Fame. And he'll win a second Super Bowl. I don't think it'll be this year, but he'll win a second Super Bowl.
    - I could be crazy on this, but coaches have egos. And I like Pete Carroll a lot, but Pete Carroll's brand is ethereal defense. Pete's always empowered defensive players. He's drafted the defensive side better. Russell Wilson's had to overcome stuff here. He's had a battle-- once they let go of Max Unger, yet they add Sheldon Richardson. They'll add a defensive piece any time they can.
    They've shortchanged him a lot on offense. This offensive line is mix and match. I think sometimes we forget that. Dak's got an offensive coach, and Goff does, and Wentz does. Russell's in a defensive-led building with a defensive coach with outspoken defensive players. And when they're all gone, and he's healthy, they beat the Eagles.
    I think he's one of the greatest players-- not just quarterbacks-- I've ever seen in this league. I think he's an amazing player I don't know. It's just, I'm never surprised. I love when Philadelphia coaches are throwing their sheet on the ground. You can see they're like, oh, you can't design something to stop him! It's remarkable.
    - I think we're now seeing him finally take over this team. For so long, their iden y had been their defense the Legion of Boom. When Marshawn Lynch was there, people said that it was a team run through 24, not through him. Now, all those pieces are gone. Now we have an opportunity to see this team built around Russell Wilson. And they get Duane Brown. They have some playmakers, Jimmy Graham or whatever.
    But this team is doing it because Russ is making it happen, inside, outside the pocket. Looking at the stats, he accounts for over 82% of their scrimmage yards. That's ridiculous. He's the team's leading rusher. When you talk about most valuable player, he is everything to Seattle right now. I think this validates when so many people were on him saying, he's an elite quarterback. This season is validation for that fact.
    - I think he's an elite quarterback. I agree with you. I think he'll probably get another Super Bowl. He's maybe on his way to the Hall of Fame. But as far as MVP of the league right now, I think he's up there. He's certainly in the conversation. But I'm still going to go with Tom Brady.

Cowherd and Whitlock.

Anytime those who understand football talk about Russell Wilson it's....magical...elite...remarkable.

Compare his career state to anyone, it's right there, can't be ignored.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-17-2018 at 09:18 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How in the does this non franchise/lower level QB keep making so many pro bowls, NFL record holder, NFL league stats leader? And, histories winning QB (%) ever?

This season he will be ranked in the top 15 NFL players by the players, how's he do all that being a lower level QB?

This is a lower leveL QB?

After the Seattle Seahawks 24-13 win over the San Franciso 49ers on Sunday, quarterback Russell Wilson has once again landed in the record books.
    Wilson has become the fastest player to pass for 150 touchdowns and log 3000 rushing yards, and he’s done it in just 91 games.
    Russell Wilson is the fastest player in the Super Bowl era to reach the 150 Pass TD mark and rush for 3000 Yds (91 games). pic.twitter.com/aH6Yo5SZJi
    — ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 27, 2017

ADD.....

Only QB to evrer start a career with two 100 QB ratings their first two seasons.

NFL record...4000/30/500...for a season. Came within 17 yards of doing that again this season.

NFL record 4th Quarter TD passes for a season.

Current NFL TD leader with 34.

His 110.1 QB rating led the NFL.
    I didn't say he was lower level. There are 4 levels of QB in my rating. He's certainly not in lower level.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I didn't say he was lower level. There are 4 levels of QB in my rating. He's certainly not in lower level.
    Let;s take QB's who played in at least two SB's.

Have led the NFL with QB rating.

Have led the NFL with TD passes.

Holds at least three NFL records.

Has won more games than anyone after six seassons.

Numerous pro bowls.

Who belongs there with Russell Wilson, well?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Let;s take QB's who played in at least two SB's.

Have led the NFL with QB rating.

Have led the NFL with TD passes.

Holds at least three NFL records.

Has won more games than anyone after six seassons.

Numerous pro bowls.

Who belongs there with Russell Wilson, well?
    I'm not going to worry about figuring it out until he joins the Multiple Champions Club.

Until then, I will agree with you that he's among the best of the 1 time Super Bowl willing QBs.

you need great QB play in the NFL!

Remaining QBs:
    Bortles, Foles, Keenum, Brady(has Belichick)

I'm not going to worry about figuring it out until he joins the Multiple Champions Club.

Until then, I will agree with you that he's among the best of the 1 time Super Bowl willing QBs.
    So he's on the same level as Rodgers.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    you need great QB play in the NFL!

Remaining QBs:
    Bortles, Foles, Keenum, Brady(has Belichick)
    And guess which one of them is almost certainly winning the Super Bowl.

The Trent Dilfers and Struggle Wilsons of the world are the exception to the norm, not the norm. Franchise QBs win the majority of the time.

And guess which one of them is almost certainly winning the Super Bowl.

The Trent Dilfers and Struggle Wilsons of the world are the exception to the norm, not the norm. Franchise QBs win the majority of the time.
    Is that why those guys have as many super bowl victories as Favre, Rodgers, Brees?

And guess who has 2? Peyton. So pick a lane.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Is that why those guys have as many super bowl victories as Favre, Rodgers, Brees?
    That's why those guys are one-and-done with mega-stacked teams while Brady has 5, Montana has 4, Unitas has 4, etc.

It is far, far easier to contend for championships with a franchise QB. It increases the margin for error for literally the entire rest of the team/organization. It's one of the most basic truths of the NFL, and one fluky year with Bortles, Foles and Keenum going far doesn't change that.

That's why those guys are one-and-done with mega-stacked teams while Brady has 5, Montana has 4, Unitas has 4, etc.

It is far, far easier to contend for championships with a franchise QB. It increases the margin for error for literally the entire rest of the team/organization. It's one of the most basic truths of the NFL, and one fluky year with Bortles, Foles and Keenum going far doesn't change that.
    So you are using the most extreme examples as your arguments. And the ones you mentioned had all time great coaching and teams around them. I'd argue that those are the exceptions, not the norm.

Oh and btw, all those guys won with the same teams/coaching around them. Peyton won with 2 different teams and 2 different coaches. So again, pick a lane.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many ....non franchise....QB's play in four pro bowls their first six seasons? Hold numerous NFL records and are ranked number 17 best player in the NFL by their peers?

How could anyone who understands the game not see Russell Wilson as an elite QB?

Why won't you people ever look at his six seasons compared to everyone else, it's right there.

Only a rookie igores this...

Wilson hands off to Lynch he bangs in from te one, SB CHAMPS AGAIN. That close to winning two SB;s in his first three seaons, but not a franchise QB.....hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information