Prior to todays free kick goal against socided, messi was scorless in 51 free kick attempts.

Need to give half of his salary to Suarez tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    CR7 going more than a decade before scoring on a free kick at the international level.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Messi is so far ahead of anyone else right now it isn't even funny.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi is so far ahead of anyone else right now it isn't even funny.
    that's more of a comment to how weak this generation is than to his greatness tbh. I still think messi isn't the goat because:
    1) he squandered WAY too many winnable NT finals
    2) he has too few wins in the UCL, even though his team was always the best and had the best heavy pieces besides him (xavi, iniesta, neymar, ronaldinho, suarez, etoo, henry, zlatan). Penaldo had great teams too, but the heavy hitters besides the no1 man were always in missi's favor.
    3) he let penaldo (a figo level player tbh) to overshadow him many times.
    So that's why Messi is only top 5, he had all the conditions but he didn't have the killer instinct and/or the leadership to make good with total dominance. Top 5 is truly huge praise, for he is a historic talent, but the goat talk has ended a long time ago for any reasonable fan.

Let's hope he does good at this wc, it's his last as THE messi and let's keep our fingers crossed so we get some memorable high quality games tbh.

Also, as a note, the major cause of this weak generation is the mental fragility ( soft play, early en lement, willing to play as reserves for big money, non-compe ive, many are somewhat system-dependent, media s), which MASSIVELY inhibits player development at all stages (youth, young, mature, old - yes you develop even when you're old). players for today's audience tbh, that's the cold hard truth, the soft fans killed the game.

yes sometimes I post seriously, sorry to my many fans and god bless, catch me in the nba forum tbh
    Last edited by dfens; 01-16-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Messi is not even better than R9

Credible top 5 unbias list

Pele
    Maradona
    Ronaldo 9
    Garincha
    Ronaldo 7

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

Pele
    Maradona
    Ronaldo 9
    Garincha
    Ronaldo 7
    son penaldo is barely the best portuguese player of all time tbh. he isn't even sniffing top 20.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    son penaldo is barely the best portuguese player of all time tbh. he isn't even sniffing top 20.
    Agreed

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi is so clearly the GOAT is not even funny any more. All the haters better pray he doesn't win the WC because even they won't be able to troll anymore.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Barely? The only other 2 portuguese remotely close to CR are Figo and Eusebio and their numbers and accolades are nowhere near Ronaldo's.

You need to do your googles son before posting bs

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    We clearly haven't seen any CL or NT action the last few weeks, just too much La Liga because the crazy talk from the usual suspects is back

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Messi is not even better than R9
    Not as if that was ever a discussion tbh

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Pele
    Maradona
    Ronaldo 9
    Garincha
    Ronaldo 7
    No Donovan? list tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Barely? The only other 2 portuguese remotely close to CR are Figo and Eusebio and their numbers and accolades are nowhere near Ronaldo's.

You need to do your googles son before posting bs
    son this ain't basketball tbh and putting 50 goals a season on a 15% scoring rate is great but not exactly goat rate.
    figo went through a MUCH tougher euro finals (spain, england, netherlands) and also had some very good world cups. eusebio the same.

Thread Information