Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am free to comment in the comment section on the sites where you pilfer these articles. Are you taking surveys? Are you mad at God? You're mad at God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More you not having any real input other than vomiting an article out and saying "what do you think about this?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's telling me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's telling me.
    "Secretary of Defense James Mattis is implicated in one of the largest business scandals of the past decades, described by the Securities and Exchange Commission as an “elaborate, years-long fraud” through which Theranos, led by CEO Elizabeth Holmes and president Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani, “exaggerated or made false statements about the company’s technology, business, and financial performance.”

Basically, their biotech startup was founded on the promise of faster, cheaper, painless blood tests. But their technology was fake.

Mattis not only served on Theranos’s board during some of the years it was perpetrating the fraud after he retired from US military service, but he earlier served as a key advocate of putting the company’s technology (technology that was, to be clear, fake) to use inside the military while he was still serving as a general."

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/16/171242...os-board-trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More you not having any real input other than vomiting an article out and saying "what do you think about this?"
    The thread is about a vast array of ethics problems in the Trump administration. Problems you don't care about because the people committing them have the "R" behind their name.

This makes you a disgusting human being. It is fun to rub your nose in your hypocrisy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Secretary of Defense James Mattis is implicated in one of the largest business scandals of the past decades, described by the Securities and Exchange Commission as an “elaborate, years-long fraud” through which Theranos, led by CEO Elizabeth Holmes and president Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani, “exaggerated or made false statements about the company’s technology, business, and financial performance.”

Basically, their biotech startup was founded on the promise of faster, cheaper, painless blood tests. But their technology was fake.

Mattis not only served on Theranos’s board during some of the years it was perpetrating the fraud after he retired from US military service, but he earlier served as a key advocate of putting the company’s technology (technology that was, to be clear, fake) to use inside the military while he was still serving as a general."

The thread is about a vast array of ethics problems in the Trump administration. Problems you don't care about because the people committing them have the "R" behind their name.

This makes you a disgusting human being. It is fun to rub your nose in your hypocrisy.
    Another vomit pile with no comments about it followed by your righteous indignation and virtue signaling.

I can see why you don't comment on the things you post. You still spending your "do something about it" money on beer?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Here's some more from the article that wasnt worth highlighting.

Nothing Trump has actually done since taking office — from provoking a small diplomatic crisis with Australia to accidentally(?) leaking classified Israeli intelligence to the Russian foreign minister to firing his secretary of state on Twitter — has served to debunk the notion that his decision-making process is impulsive and unsound.

In this context, Mattis is near-universally viewed as an island of stability. Respected by the right for having been fired by President Barack Obama, he is also well-informed and (despite the nickname “Mad Dog”) level-headed. Like most career military officers, he is less cavalier about the risks of war than many civilian hawks, and, generally speaking, almost everyone in Washington sleeps better knowing that he is running the Defense Department.

The Theranos thing is a bad look, but there are plenty of Trump Cabinet corruption scandals to talk about — the Ben Carson one is the funniest — so it’s not like Democrats are lacking for general partisan ammunition. If Mattis comes under pressure, he might quit or get fired, and who knows who Trump might tap to replace him.

Under the cir stances, a softball approach to Mattis seems warranted no matter how rotten the signal that sends to the rest of the military, the business community, and the public about the wisdom of getting mixed up in fraudulent endeavors.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That whole "Be careful for what you wish for." thingy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not exactly as eye raising as the Vox hit piece. But Vox .

https://taskandpurpose.com/mattis-theranos-questions/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, unless Mattis explicitly knew it was all bull , it's difficult to say he should be thrown under the bus.

Holmes OTOH got off way too easy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Holmes and Balwani should be making new, lifelong friends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SEC wrist slap of Holmes was ing bull . Steal $70,000 and go to jail for 20 years. Steal 700 million and get a piddly fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's some more from the article that wasnt worth highlighting.

Nothing Trump has actually done since taking office — from provoking a small diplomatic crisis with Australia to accidentally(?) leaking classified Israeli intelligence to the Russian foreign minister to firing his secretary of state on Twitter — has served to debunk the notion that his decision-making process is impulsive and unsound.

In this context, Mattis is near-universally viewed as an island of stability. Respected by the right for having been fired by President Barack Obama, he is also well-informed and (despite the nickname “Mad Dog”) level-headed. Like most career military officers, he is less cavalier about the risks of war than many civilian hawks, and, generally speaking, almost everyone in Washington sleeps better knowing that he is running the Defense Department.

The Theranos thing is a bad look, but there are plenty of Trump Cabinet corruption scandals to talk about — the Ben Carson one is the funniest — so it’s not like Democrats are lacking for general partisan ammunition. If Mattis comes under pressure, he might quit or get fired, and who knows who Trump might tap to replace him.

Under the cir stances, a softball approach to Mattis seems warranted no matter how rotten the signal that sends to the rest of the military, the business community, and the public about the wisdom of getting mixed up in fraudulent endeavors.
    Agreed.

The guy was not careful about being on a board of directors. Not his area of expertise as a general, so personally I think it is not that big a deal. Worth knowing within that context though.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SEC wrist slap of Holmes was ing bull . Steal $70,000 and go to jail for 20 years. Steal 700 million and get a piddly fine.
    http://www.crfb.org/blogs/budget-dea...-trillion-debt

Thread Information