Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump presidency 'most unethical in modern history', report finds

Donald Trump has led the “most unethical presidency” in US history, according to a scathing report by a government ethics watchdog.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) accused the US President of conflating matters of public interest with decisions that “benefit his bottom line”.

Authors said a “failure to address this crisis” could cause “lasting harm to the country”, one year on from Mr Trump’s inauguration.

“It has long since become clear that our initial concerns — and those of so many Americans — were well founded. Indeed, in retrospect they were understated,” the do ent states.

“The Trump administration is confronted by an extraordinary scale and scope of legal and ethics scandals. It is unrivalled in the modern era, and perhaps in the history of the nation, for a first-year administration.

“The conduct of this administration, from the president on down, threatens our centuries-old tradition of a government that functions to serve the interests of the American people, rather than to serve the interests of those in power.”

The 36-page report also stated a president “sets the tone” for an administration, and the numerous scandals that have followed Mr Trump since his election campaign have “spread like a cancer” throughout his executive branch.

“The result is a vast array of ethics problems and improper influence among White House staff, cabinet officials, and senior agency officials,” the report said.

CREW has lodged 180 legal challenges against the former real estate mogul and his administration, often citing the “emoluments clause” in the US Cons ution that forbids a president from receiving gifts or payments from foreign governments.

“For virtually every decision President Trump makes, from taxes to environmental regulations to foreign policy, the American people cannot be sure whether he made his decision in the public interest or to benefit his bottom line,” the report noted.

The watchdog is now calling on Congress to safeguard special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

“After a full year of this administration, it is now abundantly clear that the executive branch under President Trump is characterised by contempt for ethics and conflicts of interest rules and for the rule of law,” the report said. “It is time for the American people to conclude that one year is enough and to demand an end to the culture of corruption that is gripping Washington.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...131639880.html

Report (pdf):
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/storage.cit...eportFINAL.pdf

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Donald Trump presidency 'most unethical in modern history', report finds

Donald Trump has led the “most unethical presidency” in US history, according to a scathing report by a government ethics watchdog.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) accused the US President of conflating matters of public interest with decisions that “benefit his bottom line”.

Authors said a “failure to address this crisis” could cause “lasting harm to the country”, one year on from Mr Trump’s inauguration.

“It has long since become clear that our initial concerns — and those of so many Americans — were well founded. Indeed, in retrospect they were understated,” the do ent states.

“The Trump administration is confronted by an extraordinary scale and scope of legal and ethics scandals. It is unrivalled in the modern era, and perhaps in the history of the nation, for a first-year administration.

“The conduct of this administration, from the president on down, threatens our centuries-old tradition of a government that functions to serve the interests of the American people, rather than to serve the interests of those in power.”

The 36-page report also stated a president “sets the tone” for an administration, and the numerous scandals that have followed Mr Trump since his election campaign have “spread like a cancer” throughout his executive branch.

“The result is a vast array of ethics problems and improper influence among White House staff, cabinet officials, and senior agency officials,” the report said.

CREW has lodged 180 legal challenges against the former real estate mogul and his administration, often citing the “emoluments clause” in the US Cons ution that forbids a president from receiving gifts or payments from foreign governments.

“For virtually every decision President Trump makes, from taxes to environmental regulations to foreign policy, the American people cannot be sure whether he made his decision in the public interest or to benefit his bottom line,” the report noted.

The watchdog is now calling on Congress to safeguard special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

“After a full year of this administration, it is now abundantly clear that the executive branch under President Trump is characterised by contempt for ethics and conflicts of interest rules and for the rule of law,” the report said. “It is time for the American people to conclude that one year is enough and to demand an end to the culture of corruption that is gripping Washington.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...131639880.html

Report (pdf):
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/storage.cit...eportFINAL.pdf
    Washington, DC – Progressive activist David Brock has been named Chairman of the Board of Directors of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a leading public ethics watchdog group, the group announced today. The move is effective August 11.

CREW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have ended up with a Nazi white house vs Neocon deep state all out war. And the democrats are basically eunuch peons of the deep state due to their disdain of Trump

hole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington, DC – Progressive activist David Brock has been named Chairman of the Board of Directors of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a leading public ethics watchdog group, the group announced today. The move is effective August 11.

CREW
    knee jerk ad hominem logical fallacy.

I know you can't help yourself. Bad reasoning is part of who you are, sokay.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    knee jerk ad hominem logical fallacy.

I know you can't help yourself. Bad reasoning is part of who you are, sokay.
    David Brock

https://www.scribd.com/do ent/3375...Fighting-Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What does sundance look like, TSA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. In response to being called out for knee jerk ad hominem... you go with another knee jerk ad hominem.

Thumbed through it. CREW is called a "nonpartisan" watchdog group.

Fail more please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington] will be the leading the nonpartisan ethics watchdog group... [and] will demand ethical conduct from the administration and all parts of government, expose improper influence from powerful interests, and ensure accountability when the administration and others shirk ethical standards rules, and laws.
    Holy , why doesn't somebody stop these people?

I'm guessing you like bought-and-paid for politicians, who take money on the side, and use their position to enrich themselves? That what you are pushing here? Spell it out for me.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Wow. In response to being called out for knee jerk ad hominem... you go with another knee jerk ad hominem.

Thumbed through it. CREW is called a "nonpartisan" watchdog group.

Fail more please.
    Calling anything Brock does nonpartisan

Do you really have no clue who David Brock is?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If the Koch bros headed up a think tank and called it non-partisan, it would be met with the same skeptical derision tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Koch bros headed up a think tank and called it non-partisan, it would be met with the same skeptical derision tbh.
    Either their issues and concerns are genuine, or they aren't.

If the Koch brothers brought up ethical concerns, then I would be happy to support them. I am for good governance, and value that over party any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling anything Brock does nonpartisan

Do you really have no clue who David Brock is?
    "will demand ethical conduct from the administration and all parts of government, expose improper influence from powerful interests, and ensure accountability when the administration and others shirk ethical standards rules, and laws. "

More ad hominem. Either you think the above statement is valid, no matter who says it, or you think that David Brock saying it means that it is invalid.

Is that what you are going for here? David Brock doesn't care about good ethics because he is a (fill in the blank)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god i hate david brocks ing stupid ass sissy boy face.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Either their issues and concerns are genuine, or they aren't.

If the Koch brothers brought up ethical concerns, then I would be happy to support them. I am for good governance, and value that over party any day.
    CREW filed their first legal instrument at 12:01......1 minute after inauguration. Yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    X2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony of TSA calling someone else's sources biased is amusing and other conservatives backing him up on it and ignoring that caveat is just gold.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "If the Koch bros headed up a think tank and called it non-partisan, it would be met with the same skeptical derision tbh."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not analogous to Koch brothers. He is not a billionaire industrialist.

Cato and Heritage are posted here and then of course the litany of National Review, Drudge, Blaze, DailyWire, Zerohedge and the like. That is before you consider the conspira sites of hater, Chris, or TSA and the youtubes of Darrin and Chris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cato and Heritage are posted here and then of course the litany of National Review, Drudge, Blaze, DailyWire, Zerohedge and the like. That is before you consider the conspira sites of hater, Chris, or TSA and the youtubes of Darrin and Chris.

Meh, I’m rarely posting these days. Too many outrages du jour. Getting bored of it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I’m rarely posting these days. Too many outrages du jour. Getting bored of it, tbh.
    youtube trend outrage

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Nah, he's just a run of the mill millionare who was integral to the Clinton campaign and founded media matters...prominent member of the moonbat rss.

Totally not the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he's just a run of the mill millionare who was integral to the Clinton campaign and founded media matters...prominent member of the moonbat rss.

Totally not the same.
    also correct the record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information