Things closed some today because of it but keep saying threat
    It happened. Not threat reality

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Government shutdown yesterday not a threat anymore
    Things closed some today because of it but keep saying threat
    It happened. Not threat reality
    It's a threat in the first place because Republicans want to threaten with it.

It's all on them.

That's reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democracts want something to slow trump winning
    Market is 26,000
    Jobs for woman and blacks Hispanics up
    Confidence is high
    cnn poll says trump approver rating is going up

Democracts wanted the shutdown knowing media will try to blame Republicans
    Media trying but people are not stupid
    They elected trump over Clinton

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Democracts want something to slow trump winning
    Market is 26,000
    Jobs for woman and blacks Hispanics up
    Confidence is high
    cnn poll says trump approver rating is going up

Democracts wanted the shutdown knowing media will try to blame Republicans
    Media trying but people are not stupid
    They elected trump over Clinton
    Well, the electoral college did.

He was still behind by a couple million votes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim 54 min ago
    So the Democrats are not paying our military and freezing funding to blackmail to keep illegals in America. I will never vote Democrat again!! And I have been a life long Democrat.
    ok

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knowing Hill they poll 2 out of 3 democracts
    CNN is the Hillary network but their poll is more favorable than the rest, so CNN good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like you have credibility, conspira .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump walking into a buzz saw.

Getting rawdogged by someone who not only served in the military but was a lieutenant colonel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can always tell when ducks is worried about something. he starts to spam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, bou, when I go in to work on Monday and tell them that my dh gets paid through the end of the month (only because the contracted company got paid ahead of time) but that all the military (less those manning only one open security gate) and civilians at SouthCom (Southern Command) don't report to work, who do you think they are going to sympathize with? It's not so bad for us since I'm working now and we have reserves, but those living pay check to pay check (and there are many), how will they fare? All this - over illegal immigrants. Now I have to find out what happens to our health and dental insurance past the end of the month - do they continue if dh doesn't get a pay check (and so doesn't pay the dependent portion)?
    I do love the fact that both you and your husband suckle from the government teet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #TrumpShutDown

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do love the fact that both you and your husband suckle from the government teet.
    My dh works for a private company (military contractor) - he does not get a pension or an absurd amount of vacation/sick days and works on most major (what people consider) holidays - meaning puts up with all the government rules/regulations (crap) but none of the perks. After a lifetime of working for small/micro companies, I convinced him to try somewhere large - maybe it's time to move on. And I'm glad that I'm providing such amusement for you instead of the normal I'm sure outrage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what an eye opener it has been - what incredible waste and after hearing about what is expected security wise - Hillary should definitely be behind bars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what an eye opener it has been - what incredible waste and after hearing about what is expected security wise - Hillary should definitely be behind bars.
    *ding*

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dh works for a private company (military contractor) - he does not get a pension or an absurd amount of vacation/sick days and works on most major (what people consider) holidays - meaning puts up with all the government rules/regulations (crap) but none of the perks. After a lifetime of working for small/micro companies, I convinced him to try somewhere large - maybe it's time to move on. And I'm glad that I'm providing such amusement for you instead of the normal I'm sure outrage.
    You still are making money via government money. The military has a need, it contracts this out.

Damn big government spending too much on weapons and such. If we were more efficient and streamlined in the military we would not have this problem. Anyone who has been in the military, or has relatives in the military, has seen the waste. And it's inevitable with an organization of such size. When the government has programs that are so vast, there will be waste. So now the different parties pick and choose where the waste is ok... And you rationalize the waste just like any government bureaucrat would.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both parties think they can get the public to lay blame on the other.

CNN and FOX will be the entertainment for this little game.

Schumer has already brought Trump's incoherent message into play. Trump is like negotiating with Jello. McConell and Ryan know this well. And now we got the House and Senate saying they can't push each other. It's a maze of blame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell Pushes Back On Trump Tweet Urging GOPers To Use ‘Nuclear Option’

pushed back on President Donald Trump’s suggestion that Senate Republicans should change the chamber’s rules to pass a long-term spending bill with 51 votes if negotiations remain fruitless.

“The Republican Conference opposes changing the rules on legislation,” a spokesperson for McConnell told TPM in an email.

Trump on Sunday urged Senate Republicans to “go to 51%” incorrigibly stupid er

if negotiations regarding the ongoing government shutdown remain in a stalemate.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...0%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The debt ceiling is an artificial constraint on government spending, as is deficit mania.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The debt ceiling is an artificial constraint on government spending, as is deficit mania.
    It's a restraint when Dems are spending, it's not a restraint when Repugs are spending

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a restraint when Dems are spending, it's not a restraint when Repugs are spending
    As usual, you miss the point entirely in an inane attempt to make this a D vs R issue. Both parties willfully misunderstand how modern money works.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As usual, you miss the point entirely in an inane attempt to make this a D vs R issue. Both parties willfully misunderstand how modern money works.
    "understanding modern money". The only thing that counts is govt/Fed policy and laws by whichever party is spending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good afternoon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash family genetic stupidity

In A Colossal Blunder, Eric Trump Wrecks The GOP Cover Story Blaming Democrats For The Shutdown

Eric Trump said,

“My father has incredible momentum.

He has gotten more done in one year than arguably any president in history.

How do they divert from that message? How do they save their own party when they don’t have any leadership.

They don’t have any good candidates out there. They don’t have a message of their own. How do they do that? They obstruct. They distract, and they try and place blame.

It’s the worst of government, and honestly, I think it’s a good thing for us.”

Trump’s son was echoing the thinking of the president, who

[Trash ] has expressed on numerous occasions his support for a government shutdown, and

how he believed he could benefit politically from damaging the lives of others.

http://www.politicususa.com/2018/01/...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad Trump spent day watching videos of himself attacking Obama for last shutdown

"The president's the leader and he's got to get everybody in a room and he's got to lead," citizen Trump said.

a White House aide, said that President Donald Trump spent the day frustrated and angry, watching videos of himself in 2013 attacking President Obama’s leadership during the shutdown that happened that year:
    On Saturday, the president was left alternately defiant and angry, self-pitying and frustrated.

He argued to aides that he did not deserve the blame he was taking,

but without a credible deal on the table, there was little for him to do.

Irritated to have missed his big event in Florida,

Mr. Trump spent much of his day watching old TV clips of him berating President Barack Obama

for a lack of leadership during the 2013 government shutdown, a White House aide said, seeming content to sit back and watch the show.

Trump told Fox and Friends the president has to lead and solve problems during a shutdown or deserves the blame:

Problems start from the top

and have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader and he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.

And he doesn’t do that. In 25 years and 50 years and 100 years from now, when the government —

they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States.

Who was the president at that time?

They’re not going to be talking who the head of the House was, the head of the Senate.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-blames-shutdown-27ba14ba14ec/

Echoes of another mentally deranged Repug Pres, St Ronnie the Diseased Bozo, passing his evenings in the WH watching, "working"?, decades-old Western B-movie garbage, lots of gun fights, Ms of dead Indians.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-21-2018 at 03:18 PM.

sha na na na na kneeeees Axl Rose's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, the electoral college did.

He was still behind by a couple million votes.
    muh popular vote

Thread Information