Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the type of dude that is ing your wife while you work to buy her a purse.
    lol at the thought of those fruity bas s ing a woman at all. if anything i'd lay odds on the women pegging those dudettes.

as well, marriage. that 's for the birds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    illegals arent allowed to vote

conspiracy dead
    rut roh

New California policy opens door to illegal immigrant voting

California this spring will begin automatically registering adults who obtain or renew a driver’s license to vote, including potentially large numbers of noncitizens and immigrants illegally living in the state.

The only way drivers who say they are legal won’t have their information sent to state voter rolls under the latest implementation of the California Motor Voter Act is if they opt out -- which opens the door to the potential of widespread voter fraud, according to critics of the plan.

“You’re setting the state up for a disaster. They don’t seem to have a process in place to verify that people are who they say they are. It’s a free-for-all, a process that can be manipulated,” said Catherine Engelbrecht, founder of True the Vote, a national organization that unsuccessfully pressed Gov. Jerry Brown to veto the law allowing automatic voter registration.

You have an environment in California where citizenship is treated as a 'Don't ask don't tell' situation. You're setting the state up for a disaster.

- Catherine Engelbrecht, founder of True the Vote
    California has since 2015 granted driver’s licenses to immigrants living illegally in the state. And an estimated 1 million of those immigrants are believed to have obtained a license by the end of last year. Under the new system, which begins April 1, anyone who already has a valid license and applies for renewal in person or by mail could potentially be added to the voter registration rolls by claiming they are legal.

Linda Paine, cofounder of the nonpartisan Election Integrity Project of California, said her organization has visited DMV offices to observe how workers handle undo ented immigrants. She said the visits, and meetings with state officials, left her with little confidence about any safeguards to prevent illegal voter registration.

“There are thousands and thousands of DMV workers across our huge state,” Paine told Fox News. “They’re not all trained. There’s no actual protection to prevent noncitizens from being added to voter rolls. It’s not even that people who are ineligible want to be registered. They may not know that they have to select ‘Opt out.’”

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, the state’s top election official, has in the past maintained there are safeguards in place to ensure ineligible people aren’t registered to vote. Undo ented immigrants obtain a special driver’s license that notes on it “Federal limits apply.”

When asked for specific examples of such safeguards, Padilla did not immediately provide them.

Anyone who registers to vote at the DMV must attest under penalty of perjury that they meet eligibility requirements--including citizenship.

- Sam Mahood, press secretary, Office of Secretary of State
    California's license also indicates it is not to be used for identification outside California, and is valid only for operating a motor vehicle.

In response for clarification of the new policy, Secretary of State spokesman Sam Mahood said in a statement: “As is already required by federal law, anyone who registers to vote at the DMV must attest under penalty of perjury that they meet eligibility requirements — including citizenship. Moreover, under state law, the DMV is prohibited from sending to the Secretary of State any information from persons who apply for an AB60 California driver license.”

AB60 refers to the 2015 state legislation that allowed undo ented immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses.

Some argue that voter fraud concerns are overblown. Kathay Feng, executive director of California Common Cause, or CCC, a nonpartisan voting rights advocacy group, expressed confidence the new registration process would not open the door to widespread fraud.

“There’s a real interest [by all parties] in making sure that there are clear signals when people are filling out a DMV form,” Feng told Fox News. “They’re asked if they’re 18, if they’re U.S. citizens. They don’t move on to the voter registration if they’re not eligible.”

Feng, argued most immigrants would not want to risk their chances of legalizing their status or, in the case of people who have a green card, becoming naturalized. “My aunt was not a U.S. citizen for many years, and there was nothing she would do that would jeopardize her status here.”

Feng said the main goal of the new registration process is to make it easier for people who are eligible to vote to register. “There are 5 to 6 million eligible voters in California who are not registered to vote,” Feng said.

CCC was one of several organizations that filed a federal lawsuit against the DMV last year, saying that it made it difficult for people to register to vote by not making it part of the application to renew or obtain licenses.

Claude Arnold, a retired special agent in charge for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Los Angeles for several years, told Fox News that in California and in Arizona, where he also worked during his 27 years with the agency, he and his agents “routinely caught people trying to cross the border with fake voter registration cards.”

The point is, he said, there’s an interest in illegally registering to vote and therefore, enforceable safeguards are vital.

Elizabeth Llorente is Senior Reporter for FoxNews.com, and can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @Liz_Llorente

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/23/new-california-policy-opens-door-to-illegal-immigrant-voting.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good. that article explains thoroughly why it wont be a problem

good read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good. that article explains thoroughly why it wont be a problem

good read
    Explain, and did you miss this part?

California has since 2015 granted driver’s licenses to immigrants living illegally in the state. And an estimated 1 million of those immigrants are believed to have obtained a license by the end of last year. Under the new system, which begins April 1, anyone who already has a valid license and applies for renewal in person or by mail could potentially be added to the voter registration rolls by claiming they are legal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain, and did you miss this part?
    i didnt miss that part. i actually read the rest of the article though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “As is already required by federal law, anyone who registers to vote at the DMV must attest under penalty of perjury that they meet eligibility requirements — including citizenship. Moreover, under state law, the DMV is prohibited from sending to the Secretary of State any information from persons who apply for an AB60 California driver license.

AB60 refers to the 2015 state legislation that allowed undo ented immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses.

Some argue that voter fraud concerns are overblown. Kathay Feng, executive director of California Common Cause, or CCC, a nonpartisan voting rights advocacy group, expressed confidence the new registration process would not open the door to widespread fraud.

“There’s a real interest [by all parties] in making sure that there are clear signals when people are filling out a DMV form,” Feng told Fox News. “They’re asked if they’re 18, if they’re U.S. citizens. They don’t move on to the voter registration if they’re not eligible.”
    boom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so in summary:

- article first says that DMV will work to enroll adults who obtain or renew a license

- article alludes to the fact that CA has given illegal immigrants drivers license

- article implies that therefore, the DMV will enroll illegal immigrants as voters

- article then mentions that DMV wont enroll illegal immigrant drivers license holders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so in summary:

- article first says that DMV will work to enroll adults who obtain or renew a license

- article alludes to the fact that CA has given illegal immigrants drivers license

- article implies that therefore, the DMV will enroll illegal immigrants as voters

- article then mentions that DMV wont enroll illegal immigrant drivers license holders
    You ignored the other parts that said the Act would lead to widespread voter fraud, and that most citizens won't realize they have to 'opt out'. Also the part about the untrained DMV workers who you hold in such high esteem apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ignored the other parts that said the Act would lead to widespread voter fraud, and that most citizens won't realize they have to 'opt out'. Also the part about the untrained DMV workers who you hold in such high esteem apparently.
    i dont hold them in high esteem. the dmv is ass.

i do think its noteworthy that this process of automatically registering license holders does not apply to the special license given to illegal immigrants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    illegals arent allowed to vote

conspiracy dead
    rut roh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash wants $25B for his fetish wall and his racist base, in return for citizenship for dreamer / DACA people

KKK Scalise sez the racsists base wont accept anything but deportation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rut roh

fake news

i expect nothing better from you. he's not telling illegals to go vote. he says only citizens can vote, so citizens who are hispanic/latino should NOT be fearful of voting because it will lead to some investigation of their family... that's why he says "first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself..." and then continues to say "if you have a family member who maybe is undo ented, then you have an even greater reason to vote." he's not telling the undo ented family member to vote. he's saying people who have the legal right to vote (you are a citizen yourself) shouldn't have the concern that them going to the voting booth will get their undo ented family/friends in trouble

and then at the end, he says outright that you might have family or friends "who cant legally vote. but they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard"

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undo ented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanc y of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undo ented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don’t want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you’re not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school…

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: … who may not have a voice. Who can’t legally vote. But they’re counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-24-2018 at 08:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything chris has posted here in the last 2 days is proving exactly the opposite of what he wants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Working hard on that shutdown thing.

The only thing missing is the idiot holding the receiver upside down...

There are several eyebrow-raising details about all the photos, including the fact that the president is always wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap, making them rife for mockery on social media. Plus, there’s the pesky detail that none of the photos actually show Trump meeting with any congressional leaders that could signify an effort to perhaps even talk about the shutdown. Instead we see a president roaming around the White House, chatting with staff, as if he’s just holding tight and waiting for someone else to solve the problem.

The most (unintentionally) funny photo is surely the one showing Trump sitting at his desk on the phone. “I too conduct most of my most important work with a phone in my hand and nothing on my desk, while staring vacantly off into space,” Daily Beast editor Erin Gloria Ryan wrote on Twitter. Producer Rob Hedrick has a question regarding the photo: “Working on what … Sitting on hold?”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...c71b876dfcb7a1

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Working hard on that shutdown thing.

The only thing missing is the idiot holding the receiver upside down...

There are several eyebrow-raising details about all the photos, including the fact that the president is always wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap, making them rife for mockery on social media. Plus, there’s the pesky detail that none of the photos actually show Trump meeting with any congressional leaders that could signify an effort to perhaps even talk about the shutdown. Instead we see a president roaming around the White House, chatting with staff, as if he’s just holding tight and waiting for someone else to solve the problem.

The most (unintentionally) funny photo is surely the one showing Trump sitting at his desk on the phone. “I too conduct most of my most important work with a phone in my hand and nothing on my desk, while staring vacantly off into space,” Daily Beast editor Erin Gloria Ryan wrote on Twitter. Producer Rob Hedrick has a question regarding the photo: “Working on what … Sitting on hold?”

When having "candid" photos taken of your "working," don't look directly at the camera like you're posing for a reality show promo.

Also, have a picture of at least your youngest child somewhere in your office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When having "candid" photos taken of your "working," don't look directly at the camera like you're posing for a reality show promo.

They didn't even bother to put blank pages in front of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zooming in, I think I see a sharpie.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean, we know Trump's not actually doing anything but it's the easiest scene to stage in the history of anything. I'm not saying any of these guys aren't actually working -- I'm saying it's harder to claim these guys aren't working because all the signs of working are there.

Bonus points to 41 for attempting to block Quayle out of the picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sure you've seen this, but 14:00-14:35

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure you've seen this, but 14:00-14:35

the ol' everything's better with a brit accent... infomercials and fakenews. what's with these hacks being imported to the USA to sit down nightly and joke their way through fake news? "i sund like a fahkin we ya ****."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the ol' everything's better with a brit accent... infomercials and fakenews. what's with these hacks being imported to the USA to sit down nightly and joke their way through fake news? "i sund like a fahkin we ya ****."
    John Oliver is the realest guy on TV right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao! ain't no one on tv real. no one. puppets for the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely nothing i referred to had anything to do with his accent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Risitas epic laugh

Thread Information