Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony and Mills is having bad games now, and they're on the downside of their career and can't defend... Murray although he may have bad games due to youth and inexperience... He only has up to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching this game tonight, he's not where he needs to be, but I do like this bum ass kid. He's a defensive, pass 1st pg, that loves to rebound. I guess he can stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray made some good plays and missed some plays that were beyond his skill. Provided he gets better, that's all good. However, he wrecked the offense every time he was in. Dude couldn't and wouldn't shoot, and that meant that the flow would come to an abrupt stop every time he caught the ball on the perimeter. He definitely needs something to hang his hat on. The closest thing he has now is that abysmal floater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray made some good plays and missed some plays that were beyond his skill. Provided he gets better, that's all good. However, he wrecked the offense every time he was in. Dude couldn't and wouldn't shoot, and that meant that the flow would come to an abrupt stop every time he caught the ball on the perimeter. He definitely needs something to hang his hat on. The closest thing he has now is that abysmal floater.
    For now he hangs his hat on defense, rebounding, and pushing the pace... As time goes on he will get better shooting wise... I remember a stretch this year where he was shooting from midrange and hitting everything for about three straight games, then somehow he lost confidence... Don't know owners if it's Pop pulling him after a bad shot that has him shook, but he isn't as confident shooting now

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He not ready

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking like De Culo's athletic brother offensively tbh....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But dumber. He can only rebound and run a fast break if he is the only offensive player. Its like a 4th grade kid who is faster than everyone. Yet he got a ride and drafted. Terrible talent in the nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except, wasn't Nando a good passer?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except, wasn't Nando a good passer?
    No.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    murray and parker now have the same PER. tony is still tied with forbes for worst VORP on the team. tony’s shooting 24% the last three games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray and parker now have the same PER. tony is still tied with forbes for worst VORP on the team. tony’s shooting 24% the last three games.
    Both suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except one will get better, and one is getting worse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Murray right now
    Ok.

Oh, anything else? I'm here to serve you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raul Dominguez Jr. @Abrjsdad
    5m
    Pop said "we'll see" when asked if Dejounte would continue to start at point guard over Tony Parker.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might not be re-signed anyway and just like the Aldridge situation, this is a new day. Spurs were officially welcomed to the real NBA (as opposed to the utopian existence they enjoyed throughout the Duncan era) with that. Culture, loyalty, etc. is great, but talent wins and they don't have enough of it.

This might be tough for them internally, but externally it's not going to hurt their reputation. This is how the business works and they can no longer be immune to it, if they're serious about trying to contend for championships. If nothing else, just in case he might have a wandering eye, this would clinch Leonard's extending.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raul Dominguez Jr. @Abrjsdad
    5m
    Pop said "we'll see" when asked if Dejounte would continue to start at point guard over Tony Parker.

Hopefully they are doing this to raise his trade value

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep starting him. This is a lost season might as well get this dude's trade value up.

Fatty Mills needs to be traded otoh watching this chubby chode try and close games is a Shaqtin a Fool 2hr movie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs point guard Tony Parker came off the bench Sunday against the Indiana Pacers for the first time in his career in the regular season, and the first time since the 2010 playoffs. Parker said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told him that "he thought it was time." "I was like, ‘Oh, no problem,'" Parker said. "Just like Manu [Ginobili], just like Pau [Gasol], that day's going to come. And if Pop sees something that is good for the team, I'll try to do my best."
    Michael C. Wright, ESPN Staff Writer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs point guard Tony Parker came off the bench Sunday against the Indiana Pacers for the first time in his career in the regular season, and the first time since the 2010 playoffs. Parker said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told him that "he thought it was time." "I was like, ‘Oh, no problem,'" Parker said. "Just like Manu [Ginobili], just like Pau [Gasol], that day's going to come. And if Pop sees something that is good for the team, I'll try to do my best."
    Good on him. That's the spirit that will get him re-signed. I have no problem with him being in the team so long as the Spurs improve their talent level.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop listening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respect. Hopefully his next contract also reflects the demotion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respect. Hopefully his next contract also acknowledges the demotion.
    Thought the same... Hopefully it's reflected in his next deal indeed.

Someone commented in the game thread Spurs spending a lot on backup PG...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Respect. Hopefully his next contract also acknowledges the demotion.
    But didn't Mike Conley and Chris Paul dismiss the Spurs because they were worried about Tony Parker Taking a back seat? It's one thing to step aside for a better player, it's quite another to step aside for a flat out scrub who doesn't do anything well at this point in time.

Thread Information