Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs his reps right now. I don't give a if we lose some games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker-Mills is untenable though and Parker provides more spacing than Murray around Aldridge post ups.

Starting isn't important anyway since this team lacks someone good enough to eat up more than roughly 25 mpg at the position. Minutes in general and a path to closing (if warranted) is more important.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Let Parker lead the second unit while Manu is gone. Who else is going to do it? Fathead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker actually has the starting lineup clicking right now. The spacing is much better for shooters, and he can actually throw a proper entry pass to LMA.

We don't have a lot of cushion to lose games so Murray can learn how to dribble.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to get Murray starter's minutes. Season is done anyway, might as well see if Murray is worth keeping around for the rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Let Parker lead the second unit while Manu is gone. Who else is going to do it? Fathead?
    tbh i remember when you and skull-1 were trying to make this forum intolerable with your nonstop "manure" spam after 2013. glad you've come around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I’d be fine with Murray starting as he’s overall been the most impactful guard but it’s obvious Pop is not happy with the offense.

He knows they could probably win a few more games if Murray played, but he’s trying to figure out what to do with a struggling offense since he knows the defense is good no matter which PG is starting.

Murray is the worst offensive PG by a wide margin. So as Pop is figuring this offense out he’s not going to play as much. When will that change? I don’t know, but it’s not entirely surprising when you step back and look at what is wrong (the offense) and who has been particularly bad on that end (Murray).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's such a difference maker out there on D and the boards. If only he could shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray needs to be traded

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's such a difference maker out there on D and the boards. If only he could shoot.
    In due time. I don't see why not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude was wide open an wouldn't shoot.. No one was within 4ft of him either. Just pathetic!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He rebounds well, but is still very green, tbh... he needs maybe another tour on the Toros to get over himself...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s busting his a** with Chip. It’s not a work ethic thing; just a matter if it clicks and he trusts the process or not. Shooting is a very hard skill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s busting his a** with Chip. It’s not a work ethic thing; just a matter if it clicks and he trusts the process or not. Shooting is a very hard skill
    He needs to at least start by just letting it fly when he's wide ass open.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a 21% usage rate with a 46% TS is unacceptable in today's league, tbh..I'd like to see Parker benched as much as anybody, but it isn't going to happen, barring injury..especially not in favor of Dejounte Murray

I understand homerism among sports fans, but his potential is so overrated here..there were posters calling him untouchable, last year many posters criticized the front office for not acquiring Paul George or Jimmy Butler with their gold prospect in Murray, claiming he was a better piece than Victor Oladipo(when in reality, Sabonis as a standalone is a much better prospect than Murray) and Kris Dunn/Lavine..I used to like Murray's potential, as well, but that was in limited minutes..the more you watch him, the worse he looks..

Malcolm Brogdon has regressed following a great rookie season, but it would have been interesting to see him playing for Pop and this system, rather than the worst coach in the NBA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a 21% usage rate with a 46% TS is unacceptable in today's league, tbh..I'd like to see Parker benched as much as anybody, but it isn't going to happen, barring injury..especially not in favor of Dejounte Murray

I understand homerism among sports fans, but his potential is so overrated here..there were posters calling him untouchable, last year many posters criticized the front office for not acquiring Paul George or Jimmy Butler with their gold prospect in Murray, claiming he was a better piece than Victor Oladipo(when in reality, Sabonis as a standalone is a much better prospect than Murray) and Kris Dunn/Lavine..I used to like Murray's potential, as well, but that was in limited minutes..the more you watch him, the worse he looks..

Malcolm Brogdon has regressed following a great rookie season, but it would have been interesting to see him playing for Pop and this system, rather than the worst coach in the NBA..
    Hindsight, tbh. If you asked in the offseason, most NBA gm's would have said Murray was a better prospect than Sabonis. Even you didn't argue that fact when I brought it up. And Murray's up and downs this season just fuels the idea that agressively looking for a trade that involved him was the right idea, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hindsight, tbh. If you asked in the offseason, most NBA gm's would have said Murray was a better prospect than Sabonis. Even you didn't argue that fact when I brought it up. And Murray's up and downs this season just fuels the idea that agressively looking for a trade that involved him was the right idea, tbh.
    Why do you think that NBA GMs rate Murray highly, tbh? Just curious what you're basing that on..the only reason I can think of is because Pop showed interest in him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think that NBA GMs rate Murray highly, tbh? Just curious what you're basing that on..
    'cause everybody seemed to rate Murray highly. Heck, even the Spurs' management who sees him all the time.

On everygame Murray played last season (and even at the beggining of this one) pretty much every broadcaster talked about his bright future and how he could be an all-star in the future. When did you ever hear a commentator say that about Sabonis?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs didn't miss a beat losing porker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'cause everybody seemed to rate Murray highly. Heck, even the Spurs' management who sees him all the time.

Everygame Murray played last season (and even at the beggining of this one) pretty much every broadcaster talked about his bright future and how he could be an all-star in the future. When did you ever hear a commentator say that about Sabonis?
    Does Spurs' management really think that highly of him when they just signed Mills to a multi-year 50 million$ deal and still starting the corpse of TP, though? Maybe they picture him as a combo-guard who can play with Patty, but they haven't even really tested that option..

I don't know, it doesn't seem like they're making much of an effort to accelerate his potential growth if they think that highly of him, at least IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everygame Murray played last season (and even at the beggining of this one) pretty much every broadcaster talked about his bright future and how he could be an all-star in the future. When did you ever hear a commentator say that about Sabonis?
    I mean, a bunch of other teams felt totally fine letting Murray slide in the draft. Sabonis was drafted much higher. I think that tells you what they thought about the two prospects

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Does Spurs' management really think that highly of him when they just signed Mills to a multi-year 50 million$ deal and still starting the corpse of TP, though?
    The former has nothing to do with the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Spurs' management really think that highly of him when they just signed Mills to a multi-year 50 million$ deal and still starting the corpse of TP, though?
    Can't really tell. All I know is that RC, Pop and even some teammates like Manu hyped Murray like they didn't hype anybody else on the history of the club. Not even Kawhi. I remember Hill was very talked about back in the days but never to the point where Murray got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, a bunch of other teams felt totally fine letting Murray slide in the draft. Sabonis was drafted much higher. I think that tells you what they thought about the two prospects
    The draft has nothing to do with the perception sorrounding each player at the start of this season. Okafor and Russell were drafted before Porzingis too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft has nothing to do with the perception sorrounding each player at the start of this season. Okafor and Russell were drafted before Porzingis too.
    Ya but they were drafted close to each other. I agree it doesn’t mean anything but Sabonis is/was considered the best prospect of the two.

I also on the flip side don’t think that Mills/TP being around still means SA didn’t expect a lot from Murray. I think they were disappointed he could not grab hold of the starting job.

Thread Information