Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    About an Israeli girl that was killed at her school and the conviction of what seems like an innocent man.
    Very concise and well done. 4 episodes between 30 and 50 minutes so it's a pretty short series.
    Better than Making of a Murderer imo.

Just have to deal with sub les.

8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Love true crime, thanks for the drop

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Love true crime, thanks for the drop

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Confession Tapes are awesome, too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks great from the reviews. Will probably start that one tonight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You want another good recommendation for a true crime doc? Mommy Dead and Dearest, made by HBO. Sick, sick, twisted .. and HBO almost always makes good do entaries. Pretty sure you all will like it if you haven't already seent it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Looks great from the reviews. Will probably start that one tonight.

The Confession Tapes were decent, but got tired of them fast tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Confession Tapes were decent, but got tired of them fast tbh.
    Yeah...I thought the first one (two episodes) was the best by far. The one about the lady that lit the fire was pretty boring. And she seemed guilty as .

Did you catch Shadow of Truth?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Yeah...I thought the first one (two episodes) was the best by far. The one about the lady that lit the fire was pretty boring. And she seemed guilty as .

Did you catch Shadow of Truth?
    Nah, it's next on the agenda though. Probably get to it tomorrow

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And by the way...some website ranked "Casting Jon Benet" as one of the best crime docs on Netflix.

It sucked big time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You want another good recommendation for a true crime doc? Mommy Dead and Dearest, made by HBO. Sick, sick, twisted .. and HBO almost always makes good do entaries. Pretty sure you all will like it if you haven't already seent it.
    Holy . That was ed up. Good recommendation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy . That was ed up. Good recommendation.
    Crazy right? The lengths the mother took to come up from people's sympathy allowed her to get like 10 years on a murder charge

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Crazy right? The lengths the mother took to come up from people's sympathy allowed her to get like 10 years on a murder charge
    What a crazy of a mom. Being able to fake the doctors out to get a feeding tube put in. Would be interesting to have another do entary on Gypsy about her life when she gets out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a crazy of a mom. Being able to fake the doctors out to get a feeding tube put in. Would be interesting to have another do entary on Gypsy about her life when she gets out.
    Dr. Phil jumped on that and did an interview recently

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dont know about that.

It shows how ed up our justice system is. Most of those people in the show were just too stupid, I'll grant you that. But what annoys me is that even when it's evident that person A is innocent but have confessed under duress, they're still ed and have to serve these ridiculous life sentences in most cases.

During my watch, I just kept getting distracted and looking at my phone as many of these episodes ended the same way.

What I've learned from these shows is to just shut the up about talking to the police under any circustances.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dont know about that.

It shows how ed up our justice system is. Most of those people in the show were just too stupid, I'll grant you that. But what annoys me is that even when it's evident that person A is innocent but have confessed under duress, they're still ed and have to serve these ridiculous life sentences in most cases.

During my watch, I just kept getting distracted and looking at my phone as many of these episodes ended the same way.

What I've learned from these shows is to just shut the up about talking to the police under any circustances.
    Yeah...I watched about 4 or 5 of the first season. And it does start to get redundant.
    That being said, I just finished all of Season 2 (only 4 episodes) and it has a little more variability in the stories and outcomes.

But for sure the big takeaway is don't say anything and ask for a lawyer.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

But for sure the big takeaway is don't say anything and ask for a lawyer.
    Specifically if you're re ed white trash in a podunk as town. That one where the law took them to the sherrif's private home and interrogated him in the ing barn...Jesus Murphy that was foul.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And kinda chuckled at "they all end the same way...". Well, of course. There's only 2 ways a crime do entary ends.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Specifically if you're re ed white trash in a podunk as town. That one where the law took them to the sherrif's private home and interrogated him in the ing barn...Jesus Murphy that was foul.
    Yeah...that was ed up. IIRC, this was the one where he actually did ask for a lawyer several times.

And man...those guys lucked out in the 2nd episode. If they hadn't found the ring and chased the info down, they would have been ed. Not to mention they also needed the chick to come clean.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And kinda chuckled at "they all end the same way...". Well, of course. There's only 2 ways a crime do entary ends.
    And you can usually tell pretty quickly how it ends. If you don't see an interview with the suspect in the first 10 minutes (or if it's an interview by phone), you know they got ed.
    Although they all pretty much get ed by spending at least a couple of years in jail waiting for to get sorted out.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    To me, the Confession Tapes is a spin-off of sorts of Making a Murderer as that is the biggest point of contention for the nephew's incarceration. The way it's presented and produced is very similar to Making a Murderer's format as well.

I think they're produced to expose the legal system and make people aware of these cases and miscarriages of justice and stuff does happen...look at the West Memphis 3 and now what's happening for the guys in Making a Murderer...more people become aware, more voices, more pressure to right the wrongs and hopefully force change into interrogation procedures and laws.

The most disgusting part is DAs who put their ego before logic and ethics just to win a case.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    To me, the Confession Tapes is a spin-off of sorts of Making a Murderer as that is the biggest point of contention for the nephew's incarceration. The way it's presented and produced is very similar to Making a Murderer's format as well.

I think they're produced to expose the legal system and make people aware of these cases and miscarriages of justice and stuff does happen...look at the West Memphis 3 and now what's happening for the guys in Making a Murderer...more people become aware, more voices, more pressure to right the wrongs and hopefully force change into interrogation procedures and laws.

The most disgusting part is DAs who put their ego before logic and ethics just to win a case.
    What's also concerning is when the CSI guys are also willing to plant evidence (think that was the Joy Ride episode). And also the fact that the interrogators can turn the camera on and off when they want.
    If you're poor and they want to put something on you, you're in big trouble. Even if you end up exonerated, you're spending a year or two in jail.

Thread Information