My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2102340-a...s-lo-mas-justo

He basically states that he wasn't deserving of an all star selection. In his mind that is for the best guard players of the season and he's past his time...

He mentions he's still recovering from the injury at the Hawks game. His quadriceps had a big edema and inflammation... but he's feeling better and hopes to play against Indiana.

He's happy about his season and playing with confidence at the moment, which he says last season at times wasn't all there.

he talks a little bit about the injuries and how much the team misses Kawhi bc they are built to play around him and right now cannot find a balance. They are having problems scoring. He says they miss the Kawhi that is there every game.. not this play a few minutes one game and then miss 2 or 3 days being inactive.

Anyways, if Nono or someone wants to do a translation feel free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the love, but not being in the All-Star is the fairest

Manu Ginóbili
    LA NACION

I really appreciate and appreciate the time and effort that everyone made to take me to the All-Star Game.
    I understand the affection of the people and it comforts me so much generosity, but I think that I did not deserve to be on such a date. It's a show for players who have a better present than mine, like Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Lillard, McCollum, Lou Williams, Chris Paul ... They deserve it more, it's that simple. I already had my opportunities and I enjoyed them, because it's great to be part of that, but now it's time for others. And the truth is that the All-Star Game is not a recognition to the race, it is not an Oscar or a Martin Fierro to the trajectory, but it is a prize to the best players of the season.

I must confess that at the beginning, when this All-Star campaign began, it was a little funny to see how some believed, convinced, that I deserved to be there. But if one looks, stripped of emotions, how the NBA develops and stops at the numbers, the influence of certain players on their teams, he realizes that there was no chance for me to enter.When this vote began to grow, when it stopped being a move of my usual followers and the soccer players, the president, people from Argentine television came on the scene, I started to worry because I did not know what to do with all that support.
    The good thing in all this history is that the NBA a few years ago changed the form of selection of the holders of the party and that gave more balance to the election. Before, the popular vote was mainly considered, and now the players themselves and the journalists were also involved. That seemed a very wise decision, because it gives a sense of greater legitimacy to the participants. If the main actors do not vote for you and those who analyze the game either, it will be something. That is why I say that I value the affection of people, especially from Argentina, but it is very good that the NBA has this rule, because it allows those who are having the best season to go and not only the most popular ones have access to the initial quintet. . In short, I appreciate the love of everyone, but not being in the All-Star is the fairest.

"The All-Star is not an Oscar or a Martin Fierro to the trajectory, but a prize to the best players of the season", says Ginóbili Source: Archive

That's why, now that all this madness has passed, I return to focus punctually on recovering from the blow I received the other day against Atlanta. I was scared at first, because I had never reacted the leg in that way. When I arrived at the dressing room my quadriceps had swollen. I had had other blows like this, but this one bothered me because I had a big edema. However, it gave way and I relaxed. Now I'm going to start running and throwing the basket, since my intention is to be back on the court tomorrow, against Indiana.
    The truth is that I'm having a good time, that's why I want to play. I'm at a time when trust helps me, that's why some games took place in which I scored more points. Last year at times I did not find it. At the beginning of the season, either, because it helped the team but not one. And in the last games the thing changed, although I am also clear that since Kawhi is not there, the ball is more in the hands of others and that also gave me this confidence. With the closures against Boston and Dallas, plus the games in which I scored more points, such as against Phoenix and Portland, I went through a nice moment because for a while it had not happened to me. I grabbed that kind of gusts and I diffused it a lot. With my feet on the ground, but I enjoyed it. Logically, knowing that they are things of the highs of a season that also has low.

And in that context, I also know that this calendar enters, which is very complicated, a little weird. The NBA greatly improved the back-to-back theme, the games on consecutive days, which went from being 17 to being 14, but this year we toured six or seven days and then returned home. So, a couple of times. Luckily last night we played with Toronto Raptors the last one as visitors of this batch and now we will stay several days in San Antonio, which will help us recover the group a lot. Not only in terms of the physical, but also the head, because it is good to stay at home, take a breath, relax ... We will even be able to train a little. I think this is going to give us a hand, it suits us well before the Rodeo Tour.

This season is also strange because of the injuries we had. It seems to me that I never experienced such a thing, with the main player, Leonard, playing two games and stopping another two or three to recover or feel better. This is an armed team to have him. We can not find a balance. It seems to me that defensively we are well and that is what kept us where we are. But offensively we are having problems, it's costing us to score. Anyway, it helps us the terrible season that LaMarcus is having, which sustains us in many games. But we lack points and logically we miss Kawhi, but we miss the healthy Kawhi, not the one who plays two games and can not do it in the next two. We have to wait for him to get well and the 30 or 35 minutes that the team needs on his part to function properly.
    But it's not just what happens to Kawhi, because we also suffered the loss during the Kyle Anderson season; when he came back, Rudy Gay fell, who is our second scorer;Then it was Danny Green, who had a problem with an adductor ... It was all very strange. Pop was experimenting a bit to see what team he played with. This does not allow us to be as regular as we would like. Anyway, we are on fire, although far from Golden State. But we are in the first positions and with a good record of victories and defeats. The good thing is that more than 30 games are missing and we have time to prepare for what counts, the playoffs, which for this team are paramount. Our goal is focused there.

By: Manu Ginóbili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu with his STATE OF THE SPURS ADDRESS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought I'd highlight that Manu has expressed several times they can't find the iden y they need to be consistently winning games. Without Kawhi, and other players injured as well, this has affected both personnel and the coaches as it's been a lot of trial and error and some games they simply cannot find ways to score or win. It's not unexpected to see him mention this at all, rather it shows he and by extension I think the team is aware that they are going through a phase.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOAT Spurs guard and most influential player of his era outside of Kobe

Hope he plays until he's 45, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks LakerHater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said that we need Kawhi to not suck offensively. I wonder if Chinook agrees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batmanu is not the hero spurstalk deserves, but the one we need right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said that we need Kawhi to not suck offensively. I wonder if Chinook agrees.
    Such a Kobestan response.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batmanu is not the hero spurstalk deserves, but the one we need right now.
    Beautiful, was that Shakespeare?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jst go away manure

Noone wants your opinion anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOAT Spurs guard and most influential player of his era outside of Kobe

Hope he plays until he's 45, tbh..
    I hope not only because Pop WILL make him the team's sixth man because that's what makes him "comfortable". This team could have every single sixth man candidate in the league on the bench and Pop would still put the ball in Manu's hands every time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a Kobestan response.
    That Kawhiless offense is doing great, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Kawhiless offense is doing great, tbh.
    As Manu said, the team was built around him. They clearly didn’t get better guards bc they were counting on him to be the man...

Btw not saying they don't need him anyways....
    Last edited by SAGirl; 01-21-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Thread Information