Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Pierce is an embarrassment to the NBA.

Can you imagine Tim Duncan, or Manu, or Tony, or Bruce Bowen, or any Spur having their jersey retired who whines and complains about another former Spur having a tribute video shown on the same night?

(these are ESPN's quotes)

Paul Pierce: "Thomas had a shot to be honored. You came to Boston. Whether you are playing or not, you should have had your tribute then. I just don't see, if someone is having a jersey retirement, they're going to be running other tributes for other players". Wow, this is coming from a 40 year old grown man. It's obvious that Paul Pierce is jealous of the fact that Isaiah Thomas left a bigger impression on Boston fans in 2 years than he did in 15 years.

Then, an even less classy player, Rajon Rondo chimes in "What has Thomas done ?" (led Boston to the East Finals) "Oh, that's what we celebrate around here?"

Another irrelevant NBA player Tony Allen says "Talk about Paul Pierce, man, don't mention Thomas' name, the guys' name that don't stand in the same frame".

Kevin Garnett said "Isaiah who?"

4 grown men jealous of Thomas being more popular with Celtics fans than they ever were. Embarrassing to the Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone from the 08 Celtics team seems like a petty, jealous got, tbh.

'Cept Ray. But i hate him still, because.......well, you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Russell: y'all s won one single ring and everyone loves you. And you still complain about dumb bull . I won 11 rings and they burned my ing house down!

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh his best teammate before those guys was antoine walker, a fat, lazy, black hole, no-defense playing chucker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was revisiting some media from the 2002 argentina - usa game... still amazed at what little criticism paul pierce received for being the go to scorer of that team and getting played that game.

In fact that whole team, which americans derided as a C team, had a bunch of all stars and future all nba players (jermaine oneal, ben wallace, brand, baron davis, finley, marion). Ive always been surprised they didnt get more heat for losing the undefeated streak. If the US schooled the argentina C team in a soccer match in argentina, those players would be stigmatized for life (and as mid likes to point out, results in soccer are much more unpredictable than basketball).

of course, the cherry on top was the team put together in response getting schooled again in 04

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was Kobe's win percent when playing without Shaq and Pau? And the 02 C's were really good (Nets just matched up really well with them). Kobe never had a team as an alpha he could say that about.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG, Paul, Tony, Rajon are right. Who gives a about the midget other than he was fool's gold to get them Kyrie.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bill Russell: y'all s won one single ring and everyone loves you. And you still complain about dumb bull . I won 11 rings and they burned my ing house down!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really don't see why would the celtics do a tribute video for that dude, it's really bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really don't see why would the celtics do a tribute video for that dude, it's really bad.
    They same reason players started penning thank you / good byes to the fans. It’s make them feel better about themselves. In reality, neither really gives a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all you rookies. Pierce carried the Celtics for many years before kg and joined and was prtty loyal to them. He absolutely deserves a tribute

the midget he was. Aceltic what 2 years?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOAT has stepped in and truth nuked this whole thing, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs traded Kyrie for a glorified BJ Armstrong and a human dreadlock pouch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp sigthing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Cept Ray. But i hate him still, because.......well, you know.
    RayRay was a bad man. You can't fault him for being the best at his craft. You can fault Pop for subbing out Duncan (who was playing extremely well at the time) and would have secured that last board. You can also fault Pop for not fouling and putting LeBron on the line for 2 shots when they were down by 3

Thread Information