My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares.

-
    Last edited by UZER; 01-20-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what to do RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manure and s for kemba

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Jordan is dying to trade for 50 or Gasoft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could use some championship culture/experience.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey throw in Joff for sweetner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know how this will end as usual. . Spurs are gonna stand pat and rely on “culture” to get them by again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Jordan will take Murray as his future Star PG. As mentioned I like Murray’s length especially on Curry and CP3, but as PG he reminds me of DeColo. I don’t know. But other teams like him as I often hear about the future of this kid. Throw in JoLo and Gay, I don’t know. But I like Kemba. I think Spurs has a good shot at him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, Gasol is the guy who carried Kobe to those last two les. Jordan remembers Kobe never won without a dominant big. Then again, Jordan (a) doesn’t care what people think and (b) was a playoff loser sans Pippen.

I think Jordan will take Murray as his future Star PG. As mentioned I like Murray’s length especially on Curry and CP3, but as PG he reminds me of DeColo. I don’t know. But other teams like him as I often hear about the future of this kid. Throw in JoLo and Gay, I don’t know. But I like Kemba. I think Spurs has a good shot at him.
    Reminds you of De Colo?? De Colo was a 25-27 year old when playing here and was not improving. Murray is 21.

Murray needs to develop a shot other than his tear drop and a low 40s FG% isn’t going to cut it. Not even asking him to be a 3 point shooter yet. Needs to cut back on turnovers too.

But he’s showing flashes of being a solid defender at a young age and is an elite rebounding guard. Though could argue he’s a bit of a poacher. Look at the list of guys rebounding from the guard position (includes G/F and F/G) in their first two years in the NBA. He’s at the levels of Simmons and Greek Freak:
    http://bkref.com/tiny/5P2TE

It’s not the be all end all and he has a way to go, but it’s a unique skill to have and as he develops will let him lead more fast breaks directly from defensive boards. Also helps team rebounding in the event you have lesser rebounders at bigger positions.
    Last edited by cjw; 01-20-2018 at 11:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned I like his length, his defense but as PG he dribbles too high, has no outside shot. But I also know he is 21 and can still very much improve. But if an All Star guard is available now, and knowing Jordan could salivate at Murray’s potential, I’d take Kemba as win now. Kawhi/LMA/Kemba is not bad at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    took them long enough to understand they weren't going anywhere with him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not over himself.

-

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Our team is such crap and overpaid"

"RC why can't you trade our players we think are crap and overpaid"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm i'm interested but i'm completely unaware of our cap situation or how much the spurs would have to give up to get him. Like someone said earlier a kemba/kawhi/lma core wouldn't be bad at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I first bought 2k18 the hornets offered to trade me Kemba Walker after the first game of the season

The problem is he is on a very good deal at 12 mil per iirc. We would have to take one of their ty contracts back. And to make the salary work it almost certainly means trading someone like Parker or Gasol which I don't think will happen. I also dont think spurs would trade Gay at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Tony won't ever get traded. His expiring 15 millions is the best asset we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A third team would have to get involved if you don't want to lose Gay because Parker, Gasol, and Mills are not going anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Our team is such crap and overpaid"

"RC why can't you trade our players we think are crap and overpaid"
    RC: "Our crap and overpaid players have Spurs culture. That's all that matters."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A third team would have to get involved if you don't want to lose Gay because Parker, Gasol, and Mills are not going anywhere.
    I hate to lose Green but will include him in there too, and either Kyle or Bertan and take Batum. I like those guys, but Kemba will solidify the core and will attract future FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to lose Green but will include him in there too, and either Kyle or Bertan and take Batum. I like those guys, but Kemba will solidify the core and will attract future FA.
    This is the closest thing to what I think the Spurs would be willing to do. Green for Walker as the base, although why the Hornets take that, I don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is the key as future star pg to build his team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I first bought 2k18 the hornets offered to trade me Kemba Walker after the first game of the season

The problem is he is on a very good deal at 12 mil per iirc. We would have to take one of their ty contracts back. And to make the salary work it almost certainly means trading someone like Parker or Gasol which I don't think will happen. I also dont think spurs would trade Gay at this point.
    I'd do that in a heartbeat, and I'm not even high on Kemba.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the closest thing to what I think the Spurs would be willing to do. Green for Walker as the base, although why the Hornets take that, I don't know.
    They're probably willing to take anything that comes with a 1st round pick and a low-level prospect(like Murray) if it means getting Batum off the books IMO..it's arguably the worst contract in the NBA..

Kemba is a nice 3rd option on a team masquerading as a #1 for them..part of the problem with Charlotte is that they've consistently been a middling team during this run..they need to bottom out, although Jordan and his people would probably draft a lottery bust, anyways..

I'd be very surprised if the Spurs were willing to make a deal that would acquire Batum IMO..Walker+Batum is like 40 million/year in contracts IIRC..
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 01-20-2018 at 03:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad to say... I once liked Batum... he was a nice roleplayer. But he got way overpaid and then fell off a cliff, kinda like 50 Mills but more expensive... they are even the same age.

Thread Information