Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Sat, Jan 20, 2018 Venue TV

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If LeHype played his whole career in the Western Conference, how many Finals appearances would he have made? Consider, he'd have to go thru Duncan or Shaq/Kobe - and now the Dubs. I'm saying he'd have 1-2 Finals appearances and maybe 1 rang. But he the GOAT?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If LeHype played his whole career in the Western Conference, how many Finals appearances would he have made?
    Probably more, since he'd be more likely to have a competent front office and coach instead of always having to drag trash to the Finals.

LeGOAT

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably more, since he'd be more likely to have a competent front office and coach instead of always having to drag trash to the Finals.

LeGOAT
    His 5 Finals losses (and counting) is my evidence that he might luck up twice to get out the West. You telling me he would get past the Spurs, Lakers and these Dubs?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    His 5 Finals losses (and counting) is my evidence that he might luck up twice to get out the West. You telling me he would get past the Spurs, Lakers and these Dubs?
    With a competent front office and coach instead of trash, he'd be making those teams his on an annual basis, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    With a competent front office and coach instead of trash, he'd be making those teams his on an annual basis, tbh.
    Please. He would not get past the teams I mentioned. I didn't even include Dirk's Mavs. All would kick his ass and you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol IT getting carrying calls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland is officially just LeBron's ball team now. No defense no schemes just

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL his body would have broken down by 2008 playing the likes of Phoenix, Portland, Lakers, SA and Dallas every year to try and even make the playoffs

Only team his Cavs would have been a match for would be the Dron Williams-Boozer Jazz. And even then Coach Sloan would have locked him down with defensive schemes and physicality

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ROFL his body would have broken down by 2008 playing the likes of Phoenix, Portland, Lakers, SA and Dallas every year to try and even make the playoffs

Only team his Cavs would have been a match for would be the Dron Williams-Boozer Jazz. And even then Coach Sloan would have locked him down with defensive schemes and physicality
    My bad yo. Totally forgot about Nash, Stoudemire, and the Matrix. LeHype wouldn't have ANY Finals appearances if he played his whole career in the Western Conference! BAAHAAHAHAHA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad yo. Totally forgot about Nash, Stoudemire, and the Matrix. LeHype wouldn't have ANY Finals appearances if he played his whole career in the Western Conference! BAAHAAHAHAHA!
    Joe Johnson was also on that team. Later, it was Grant Hill and Shaq. Early, it took Horry Hip Check and I think during a later year it took a random Tim Duncan 3 to beat them. Raja Bell would have probably locked down Young LeBron TBH. Also probably no multiple MVPs when having to battle Kobe, Nash, Dirk, etc. in the West.

Maybe... his Cavs would have survived a 7 game series against the Brandon Roy-LMA Blazers:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../CLE/2009.html

That's LeBron, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Varejao, Daniel Gibson and Big Z vs. LMA/Roy/Batum/Oden/Steve Blake/Pryzbilla

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../POR/2009.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

LeGOAT wouldn't have even broken a sweat against any of those teams except for the Spurs. The soft-ass Suns, Blazers and Jazz would have been like a vacation compared to playing the Celtics and Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, compare LeBron's "GOAT" career to Jordan's, when Jordan played in the vastly superior Eastern Conference during his prime. He had to contend with the Bad Boys Pistons with their like 5 hall of famers, the Bird Celtics with like 4 HOFers, the 90s Knicks, Reggie Miller Pacers, etc. LeBron would often have cake walk series like Milwaukee (teams that made the playoffs in the East with a sub .500 record) and then play like the Nets or something, then Detroit, but not prime Detroit (which would have curb stomped LeBron's Cavs if they even made the playoffs during Detroit's Prime years (04/05)).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seriously, compare LeBron's "GOAT" career to Jordan's, when Jordan played in the vastly superior Eastern Conference during his prime. He had to contend with the Bad Boys Pistons with their like 5 hall of famers, the Bird Celtics with like 4 HOFers, the 90s Knicks, Reggie Miller Pacers, etc. LeBron would often have cake walk series like Milwaukee and then play like the Nets or something, then Detroit, but not prime Detroit (which would have curb stomped LeBron's Cavs if they even made the playoffs during Detroit's Prime years (04/05)).
    bruh. legoat stomped on the ben wallace pistons which was better than any bad boys squad

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Seriously, compare LeBron's "GOAT" career to Jordan's, when Jordan played in the vastly superior Eastern Conference during his prime. He had to contend with the Bad Boys Pistons with their like 5 hall of famers, the Bird Celtics with like 4 HOFers, the 90s Knicks, Reggie Miller Pacers, etc. LeBron would often have cake walk series like Milwaukee and then play like the Nets or something, then Detroit, but not prime Detroit (which would have curb stomped LeBron's Cavs if they even made the playoffs).
    DK had a pathetic 1-9 playoff record without MVPippen, lost in the first round several times, got totally owned by a white American player (Bird), and needed Stern to change the rules to make it easier for him to win. And he still didn't win until the Celtics and Pistons got too old to compete. And other than maybe the '93 Suns, he played nothing but cupcakes in the Finals. He never had to face a team like the Duncan Spurs, the KD/Westbrook/Harden Thunder, or the current Warriors. He was on the Warriors of his era.

The comparison ends there. DK isn't even better than Kareem, Duncan or Russell, let alone LeGOAT.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If LeHype played his whole career in the Western Conference, how many Finals appearances would he have made? Consider, he'd have to go thru Duncan or Shaq/Kobe - and now the Dubs. I'm saying he'd have 1-2 Finals appearances and maybe 1 rang. But he the GOAT?
    son lebronze being drafted by a competent franchise is a scary thought tbh, because he's guaranteed a quality team, a competent coach and a good big.

e.g.: you flip lebronze and melo and that thuggets team is looking scary as tbh, very good chance they're going b2b2b.
    billups / iverson
    swish / afflalo when he could play
    lebronze
    kmart
    nene / birdman

tbh lebronze was extremely unlucky to not be molded by a good coach in a competent offense at an early stage of his career, otherwise he'd be getting dpoys and working on that jumper much earlier instead of dancing on the sideline and playing in that dumpsterfire team. Say what you want but that is sensitive and he wouldn't stay losing long, so the collusion era would also start early. Tbh the western conference is lucky that lebronze went east.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Also, let's not pretend that DK's playoff paths were so difficult when MVPippen was carrying him to rings... unless teams led by the likes of Reggie Miller, Steve Smith, Keith Van Horn and Glen Rice counts as "the hard road."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Even senile Hubie is ESPNs best commentator tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bruh. legoat stomped on the ben wallace pistons which was better than any bad boys squad
    Oh really?

2003-04: LeBron's rookie year. LeBrons didn't make the playoffs. In the East, where the 8th seed was the 36-46 Celtics. and the Pistons won the 'ship, beating the 4 HOF Lakers in the process.

2004-05: LeBrons didn't make the playoffs. In the East, where the 8th seed was the 42-40 Nets. The Pistons made the finals and lost to the Spurs in 7

2005-06: LeBrons lost to the Pistons in the 2nd round. D-Wade won by shooting freethrows for 4 games (and Shaq grabbed some rebounds and called him Flash).

2006-07: LeBrons beat Detroit in 6. And then got swept by the Spurs
    ...BTW Detroit had already lost Ben Wallace in Free Agency and was giving major minutes to guys like Carlos Delfino, Flip Murray, Jason Maxiell and 40 year old C-Webb.

2007-08: LeBrons get rekt by Boston in the 2nd round, after not having to play Detroit who was in the other half of the bracket and made the Eastern Conf Finals.

2008-09: LeBrons lost to Orlando... wtf? ...after cake walking through an 8th seeded s of its former self Detroit, and ball Atlanta

2009-10: LeBrons lost to the Celtics (again) GOAT...yes of course.

2010-11: LeBron flees Cleveland after 0 finals wins and goes to the Super Heatles which lose to the Mavs

During his prime, LeBron's comp was inferior af besides the Celtics (08-10) who crushed him and prime Pistons (04-06) who he avoided for the most part by not even making the playoffs. The Pistons' prime was when Big Ben was winning DPOYs and anchoring their defense. LeBron only one once against that team, and didn't even make the playoffs or got on during the rest of their prime. Later they were old and were starting to rely on older CWebb and lost Big Ben.

Also if Lebron is the GOAT, how did the Dwert + Jameer Midgetson Magic beat his souped up Cleveland squad in the playoffs? Oh, right. They added Rashard Lewis, an ancillary player on a fringe West team that went out East and instantly became an All-NBA level talent.
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 01-20-2018 at 05:57 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Joe Johnson was also on that team. Later, it was Grant Hill and Shaq. Early, it took Horry Hip Check and I think during a later year it took a random Tim Duncan 3 to beat them. Raja Bell would have probably locked down Young LeBron TBH. Also probably no multiple MVPs when having to battle Kobe, Nash, Dirk, etc. in the West.

Maybe... his Cavs would have survived a 7 game series against the Brandon Roy-LMA Blazers:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../CLE/2009.html

That's LeBron, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Varejao, Daniel Gibson and Big Z vs. LMA/Roy/Batum/Oden/Steve Blake/Pryzbilla

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../POR/2009.html
    Forgot about Joe Johnson too. Man them Suns were loaded! Horry messed y'all up in 2007 tbh. That was the year to win it all. Y'all would have swept LeHype too det year!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Allowing 150 points

Tdays NBA

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Forgot about Joe Johnson too. Man them Suns were loaded! Horry messed y'all up in 2007 tbh. That was the year to win it all. Y'all would have swept LeHype too det year!
    A "Laker fan" bandwagoning on the Warriors and Suns? Damn, you're shameless.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A "Laker fan" bandwagoning on the Warriors and Suns? Damn, you're shameless.
    If you can match LeHype's teams athletically and talent wise, his teams fold like a cheap suit. 148 points to the Thunder? At home? LeHype will need even MORE help at the trade deadline

He can't beat Chuckbrook, you think he tryna step to Chef and KD? Npe

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    He never beat Ben Wallace's Pistons. Webber was the center when Lebron beat the Pistons in 2007. Wallace had signed with the Bulls by then. And the Bad Boys were much deeper than the Billups-Wallace Pistons squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .... well that's lakers level of D...

Thread Information