Post Count
    With Kawhi out that is not the case though ^

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Kawhi out that is not the case though ^
    Kawhis only played 9 games.

7 guards and wings average between 6 and 8 shots per game and no one averages more than 4 assists.

That shows how evenly distributed the offense has become on the perimeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis only played 9 games.

7 guards and wings average between 6 and 8 shots per game and no one averages more than 4 assists.

That shows how evenly distributed the offense has become on the perimeter.
    I know. I’m saying this year they need the guards to step up more because the highest usuage rate player has been out. Because none of them really have stepped up a lot, it’s been spread out and the results have been poor because of that .

They needed to have bigger roles and they have not shown the ability.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. I’m saying this year they need the guards to step up more because the highest usuage rate player has been out. Because none of them really have stepped up a lot, it’s been spread out and the results have been poor because of that .

They needed to have bigger roles and they have not shown the ability.
    If Parker & Mills showed they could handle bigger loads than the average guard on the team, I could buy that and overlook how bad they are on D -- being the two worst perimeter defenders on the team. But that simply is not the case or close to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Parker & Mills showed they could handle bigger loads than the average guard on the team, I could buy that and overlook how bad they are on D -- being the two worst perimeter defenders on the team. But that simply is not the case or close to it.
    They have shown they can be a of a lot more competent than Murray though which is what Pop was searching for. Let’s see if that search ended though and Murray stays a starter with Manu healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have shown they can be a of a lot more competent than Murray though which is what Pop was searching for. Let’s see if that search ended though and Murray stays a starter with Manu healthy.
    They have, but the offensive responsibility for PGs on this team is small to begin with. And it will continue to be until they trade for a better one.

If offensive responsibility is small for a player, they better be able to defend. Defense is more valuable in this cir stance.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 01-21-2018 at 07:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offense continues to look better out there with Parker than Murray. Offensively is where we need the most work. We're ranked 2nd defensively and 19th offensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has the job now. Good call, Pop.

Give Parker a 1+1 minimum deal in summer as a retirement gift.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has the job now. Good call, Pop.

Give Parker a 1+1 minimum deal in summer as a retirement gift.
    Didn’t look so good tonight with Murray at the helm. Just have to hope he doesn’t tank the team further with his offensive woes.

We will see. I dont have any doubt TP can be a solid bench PG at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m assuming Forbes is out of the rotation now.

Manu/TP/Mills have to be locks if Murray is starting. I cannot see any of the other 3 benched. You would have to think SA trades but who knows.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about starting Murray, Tony doesn't fit the second unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he would fit pretty well going against second unit type players. He still does a few things well, but it will be an adjustment. Tonight was a good peek at what he can do. He was stuck with terrible defensive players (Forbes, Mills, Bertans) so the net rating looked bad because they all missed shots too on offense, but TP looked good.

I think with Manu alongside him it could make for something unique. Forbes doesn’t deserve minutes anyways - he’s been bad and his mental for ude is not there IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's a role for tony off the bench....

as an assistant coach, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does work well with Gasol though. But when Leonard is back, Anderson will be backup 3. That makes Parker the an odd choice to play with manu and kyle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m assuming Forbes is out of the rotation now.

Manu/TP/Mills have to be locks if Murray is starting. I cannot see any of the other 3 benched. You would have to think SA trades but who knows.
    Something has to give. Once Kawhi & Rudy are back...Kyle may lose minutes too..not just Forbes.

LMA/Pau - Rudy - Manu - Patty - Parker

No Kyle, no Bryn...Even though id say both Kyle & Bryn > Tony & Patty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t look so good tonight with Murray at the helm. Just have to hope he doesn’t tank the team further with his offensive woes.

We will see. I dont have any doubt TP can be a solid bench PG at this point.
    He actually was overall more impactful tonight. Only Spur in + in +/-.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something has to give. Once Kawhi & Rudy are back...Kyle may lose minutes too..not just Forbes.

LMA/Pau - Rudy - Manu - Patty - Parker

No Kyle, no Bryn...Even though id say both Kyle & Bryn > Tony & Patty
    No way. Bryn sucks. Kyle I agree, but he’s just in a spot where the comp at his position is tough. But Kyle deserves minutes. Forbes is bad man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He actually was overall more impactful tonight. Only Spur in + in +/-.
    I know you watched. He had some decent moments but TP was better. TP was stuck with Forbes/Bertans/Mills who were bricking shots along with their poor defense. That led to the +/- being so warped.

At the end of the day he was the starting PG and the offense was horrendous and it was a loss. He solved nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always had doubts Spurs would re-sign Kyle despite all the trollers here assuming he’d be back but for sure if he’s benched undeservedly he won’t be back. He’s as deserving of playing time as most others in this team.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to get 2 wings/Small Ball 4s back. Solves this whole forbes minutes thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you watched. He had some decent moments but TP was better. TP was stuck with Forbes/Bertans/Mills who were bricking shots along with their poor defense. That led to the +/- being so warped.

At the end of the day he was the starting PG and the offense was horrendous and it was a loss. He solved nothing.
    Meanwhile when Murray was on the floor, Spurs outscored Pacers by 3 points.

When Parker was on the floor? Pacers beat the Spurs by 9.

As you know, there's more to the game than running 3 to 4 smooth PnPops.

Murray may have started, but he played just a little over half the game.For the year, not just tonight, Murray has been the only PG that is a positive in RPM. There's other reasons why he helps the team more.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 01-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile when Murray was on the floor, Spurs outscored Pacers by 3 points.

When Parker was on the floor? Pacers beat the Spurs by 9.

As you know, there's more to the game than running 3 to 4 smooth PnPops.

Murray may have started, but he played just a little over half the game.For the year, not just tonight, Murray has been the only PG that is a positive in RPM. There's other reasons why he helps the team more.
    I explained this box score. It was pretty obvious why Murray was a net positive and TP was not. You are being results oriented. TP played with a terrible defensive crew that mis-fired on much better quality looks than Murray generated for his teammates.

And you keep pointing to RPM. Murray although a positive grades out as a non-starting level player. He has not been good. So dont confuse “playing better than Mills or TP” with “good”.

His offense is atrocious and there is reason to be concerned that over a bigger sample that positive RPM will decline if his offense doesn’t improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always had doubts Spurs would re-sign Kyle despite all the trollers here assuming he’d be back but for sure if he’s benched undeservedly he won’t be back. He’s as deserving of playing time as most others in this team.
    He will resign on a bargin. He has been our third best player this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle is not signing for a bargain. He has not had a big pay day and will chase the money as he should. I’m weary of a guy who admits it was a contract year and money that motivated him but credit to him he worked hard and it’s paid off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's a role for tony off the bench....

as an assistant coach, etc...
    He'd rather be GM tbh.

Thread Information