Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible logic since the Warriors and Rockets don't miss a beat when theirs miss games. That's because their front offices are light years agead
    The Warriors and the Rockets to a lesser extent have greater room for error.
    The reason the Warriors FO is light years ahead is that from 2001 to 2012 they had 11 lottery picks. Also an owner and a large metro area that allows to financially go way over the luxury cap.
    It happens. The Spurs have been keeping this thing together with bailing wire and duct tape.
    Since 2008 every NBA Champion with one exception, had 3 or greater Lottery picks in their prime and where way over the luxury cap (or soon to be).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Bulls clowns (Gar and Pax) still have JOB's, Buford's job is secure. I just don't understand the direction the Spurs are headed, last offseason was a disaster.
    This is true.

I would love to know the Spurs long-term plan as well, though, because some of their decisions in the off season left me scratching my head. And the way they are handling the media with these injuries, etc., is a discredit to their loyal fan base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't blame him for not being able to replace TD, but that's not what I expected. He let go of more talented players to sign his culture scrubs (a new term I've just made up).

If the Spurs waited it out, that may have been OK without the egregious contracts he's re-signed certain players to, and the bad choices to let more talented players walk and overpay worse players for their "culture."

Like I posted in another thread, these are my thoughts on what he's done - Guys that I thought were pretty good last year in Dedmon, Simmons, Lee, the Spurs just let go and kept the guys I thought were ing trash - Mills, Gasol. Gasol, I didn't have a problem bringing back for one more year as he was still under contract, but apart from that, Spurs let all of their talent go to re-sign and massively overpay a culture scrub.

Patty Mills = culture scrub. RC Buford should be canned for his work in the off-season. Kawhi, if he can get healthy again should either bolt or ask for a trade. The Spurs can keep all their culture scrubs.

Talent wins. Culture by itself gets you nowhere - you can still finish last without talent if culture is the only thing you've got. TD carried this front office in his prime, and I feel he should have had more Championships. He was an unbelievable player. The Spurs got lucky with Manu and Tony. If not for that luck, they would have egregiously failed TD and his incredible talent, work ethic and desire/determination to win.

You can see it now with Manu, even though he's old, that talent still shines through even though his body is older and he's not as athletic as he once was, but when his body cooperates, he still s on most of the garbage the FO has signed/re-signed over the off-season. It's not because he's old and wise, it's because he had great talent and still has a little bit left. He's also got a great will to win too.

Patty Mills' pathetic at ude of "uh, I got paid for what I did before" doesn't sound like a player that is upset at his play or even has much desire/will to win. Makes it an even worse signing if he doesn't care (I'm not saying he doesn't, just saying his blasé at ude about it doesn't seem like it's cutting him up).

Spurs need to stop with these culture scrubs they keep signing. Get some real ing players. GET OVER YOURSELF SPURS FRONT OFFICE.

we sign patty and gasol to enormous contracts for what exactly? we let simmons walk because he was the only one showing up in the PO's. makes sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all said on here kyle anderson was lottery talent. Ljc was a starter, desean thomas was the next... st crazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible logic since the Warriors and Rockets don't miss a beat when theirs miss games. That's because their front offices are light years agead
    What the are you talking about? Jesus Christ. The Warriors have three franchise players on one team. And what the have the Rockets ever won since the dream retired?

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah fire his ass... and Peter too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *cough*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and RC's time has passed just like the big three. It is evident that Pop road the coat tails of Duncan as much as anyone else. The loyalty to players over the loyalty to winning has held the Spurs back from getting better talent that could have made a difference. The house is burning, and they stood their and watched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically they set the franchise 2-3 years back with last off-season and it could be a decade or so if it results in Kawhi bolting or asking for a trade as the team continues on a path of slow implosion .
    The implosion doesn't seem that slow actually.

Thread Information