Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't hold it against Kawhi if he walks given the horrible job RC has done putting this team together. Mills should have never been brought back and signing Gasol to a three year deal instead of having a valuable expiring contract to trade was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Obviously I want him to stay, but if he walks in 2019 I'll understand.
    Pretty much this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, Pop needs to get over himself, yet again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, things have changed without Tim. First you have LMA asking for a trade. Then you have this Kawhi news. I said a long time ago that SA fans would have to get used to “new superstars”.

Tim was so rare in that he was a great teammate and leader and allowed Pop/RC to do what they needed to do because he supported them.

It does not make these new stars bad people, but it sheds light on just how special Tim is/was. This is what every other franchise has to deal with (outside of maybe Dallas/Dirk). The stuff with LMA, Kawhi and all the drama. This is what happens in free agency with these “lead” guys. This is the new norm and it’s going to be a big time struggle for Pop/RC and the fans adjusting.
    Are we forgetting Duncan was a simple Doc Rivers' yes away from bolting the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Kawhi, but honestly I would be okay if he leaves as long as the Spurs get big talent in return or high lottery picks. One thing I can’t stand about Leonard is he at times becomes a ball hog and holds onto the ball for long periods of time when on offense.
    Kawhi is the third best player in the world, you are delirious if you think that its impact can be replaced

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7mdj8w2

If the relationship continues going south, would you do this trade this summer?
    Would not trade him at all.. His upside won't be replaced. If this season is gone, work with him this summer and hope he can get back to what he was last year. And try to sign him. If they lose him, fine but not trading him. OKC gambled and lost with Durant, but they had to gamble. He was too good to trade..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is just mortifying to think that it is plausible that Kawhi may have already played his last game for the Spurs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is mad at them, then I assume he feels they may have stuffed up the diagnosis and rehab? Maybe he thinks if it was handled differently/properly he wouldn't have been out this long?
    That's what I inferred.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lets give them Caruso too bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Leonard has told the Spurs at different stages of the rehab process that he wasn't comfortable with his ability to play through the injury and the Spurs shut him down."

Then why would he be mad at the Spurs about this? He is the one telling them he is hurt, and does not want to play. Story sounds like BS..
    This. They are trying to save his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep telling you guys Kawhi will walk... He has every reason to. Look at the bull the Spurs have built around him? What other elite superstar (Curry, Harden, LeBron) has had this bad of a team? The early Cavs (2007 Finals era) had a bull team outside of LeBron and he walked away, much like Kawhi will do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we forgetting Duncan was a simple Doc Rivers' yes away from bolting the Spurs?
    No - but that doesn’t change how Tim was within the locker room. Free Agency is Free Agency. But how one acts whilst on a team is the point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have one ring and retire mid 30s than having no rings and playing until 40 averaging 6-10 ppg while playing 15- 20 minutes per game.

Maybe Pop should ask his star players how many minutes they might want to play. Tim seemed to have been OK with his minute/s management and it may have helped him due to his knee, but that doesn't mean anyone else wants the same thing. Playing less minutes at the expense of stats, all-star appearances, possibly better chances at Championships while playing more minutes in their primes, I'm just not sure if many other players in the NBA are interested in that at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im hoping its just a guy with a personality that does not have any other interest other than B-BALL getting restless. Hoping it blows over once he starts playing again and hopeful that this gets RC/Pop going.

I dont fault them like most do here. They obviously tried to improve the team and if they would have landed Kyrie everyone would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately they can’t force CLE to trade with them.
    I do fault them. You are acting as if once they missed on Paul and Irving they were forced to handicap future cap flexibility by gifting millions over millions to two players that are unplayable against GS like Gasol and Mills. They would have been better off not doing , tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, things have changed without Tim. First you have LMA asking for a trade. Then you have this Kawhi news. I said a long time ago that SA fans would have to get used to “new superstars”.

Tim was so rare in that he was a great teammate and leader and allowed Pop/RC to do what they needed to do because he supported them.

It does not make these new stars bad people, but it sheds light on just how special Tim is/was. This is what every other franchise has to deal with (outside of maybe Dallas/Dirk). The stuff with LMA, Kawhi and all the drama. This is what happens in free agency with these “lead” guys. This is the new norm and it’s going to be a big time struggle for Pop/RC and the fans adjusting.
    Tim was never treated like a robot. He was averaging 40mpg when he wanted to. Kawhi always wanted to play more during his healthy run

This micromanagment gimick is what causing all this BS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No - but that doesn’t change how Tim was within the locker room. Free Agency is Free Agency. But how one acts whilst on a team is the point.
    I'm pretty sure Kawhi is acting just fine within the locker room.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have one ring and retire mid 30s than having no rings and playing until 40 averaging 6-10 ppg while playing 15- 20 minutes per game.

Maybe Pop should ask his star players how many minutes they might want to play. Tim seemed to have been OK with his minute/s management and it may have helped him due to his knee, but that doesn't mean anyone else wants the same thing. Playing less minutes at the expense of stats, all-star appearances, possibly better chances at Championships while playing more minutes in their primes, I'm just not sure if many other players in the NBA are interested in that at all.
    Duncan used to play huge minutes earlier in his career, tbh..it was so long ago that most people seem to have forgotten..

Tim got his numbers and accolades early in his career, he never missed out on those opportunities..

NBA stars aren't going to accept playing less minutes and ac ulating less numbers in the prime of their careers..Pop is so out of touch, in this regard..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Kawhi is acting just fine within the locker room.
    You are either being purposely obtuse or I cannot walk you to the point of what I’m saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the PATFO suckers now? ..
    Pop pop amd RC..System

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan used to play huge minutes earlier in his career, tbh..it was so long ago that most people seem to have forgotten..

Tim got his numbers and accolades early in his career, he never missed out on those opportunities..

NBA stars aren't going to accept playing less minutes and ac ulating less numbers in the prime of their careers..Pop is so out of touch, in this regard..
    Kawhi is getting plenty of accolades. Already has a le. Finals MVP. DPOY. He’s not missing out on anything. He’s just more brittle early on than Tim was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, would now be the time to try to trade him for Bradley Beal? I've read that the Wizards are kinda going through some sort of drama also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, would now be the time to try to trade him for Bradley Beal? I've read that the Wizards are kinda going through some sort of drama also.
    Meh..Need at least a top 3 pick in the package..This team would be about to blow up if they trade Kawhi..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. People are human. And disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is getting plenty of accolades. Already has a le. Finals MVP. DPOY. He’s not missing out on anything. He’s just more brittle early on than Tim was.
    He is missing out on numbers.

Om sure he thinks had he played as much minutes as the other guys in his two year run he would have increased bis chances in all other years.

Its the fact that you never get credited in this team plus the he is surrounded with and the Suns level medical managament this year that finally got the word out.

But its incredibly stupid to think superstars would give up minutes and playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THIS IS THE END.....

Thread Information