Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, would now be the time to try to trade him for Bradley Beal? I've read that the Wizards are kinda going through some sort of drama also.
    maybe a 3-way with Ariza and Beal going to SA like some idiots in ST wished, with Kawhi going to Houston and a few picks for Wizards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep telling you guys Kawhi will walk... He has every reason to. Look at the bull the Spurs have built around him? What other elite superstar (Curry, Harden, LeBron) has had this bad of a team? The early Cavs (2007 Finals era) had a bull team outside of LeBron and he walked away, much like Kawhi will do.
    Idk the Cavs are pretty ty and LeBron has been playing all year. At least the spurs play D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh..Need at least a top 3 pick in the package..This team would be about to blow up if they trade Kawhi..
    what makes you think we aren't about to blow up? We have a few tradeable assets that can fetch quite a bit right now. And, barring a huge uptick in play and sudden change of team iden y, small prospects of getting past the second round of the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is getting plenty of accolades. Already has a le. Finals MVP. DPOY. He’s not missing out on anything. He’s just more brittle early on than Tim was.
    A le and FMVP as the #4 option aren't what superstars thrive for

Pop's "rest management" hasn't proven to be effective, these injuries are mostly uncontrollable..his plans didn't stop injuries in 2015, 2017 or 2018 and his minutes allocation arguably lost SA the 2016 semis, as well IMO..he's as extreme as Thibs..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan used to play huge minutes earlier in his career, tbh..it was so long ago that most people seem to have forgotten..

Tim got his numbers and accolades early in his career, he never missed out on those opportunities..

NBA stars aren't going to accept playing less minutes and ac ulating less numbers in the prime of their careers..Pop is so out of touch, in this regard..
    Oh, I know Tim played big minutes. I was looking at some of the minutes he played against the Lakers in the 2002 playoff series that someone brought up here not too long ago. I already knew it, but if was interesting to see the actual numbers. I was telling people that Tim played big minutes up until around 2007 or so before seeing those numbers as I was just going off of what I remembered. His minutes were going down before 2007 and 2008 due to injuries, but he mostly played big minutes when he was in his prime and healthy.

Pop needs to wake up. Star players don't want this minutes management in their prime.

A le and FMVP as the #4 option aren't what superstars thrive for

Pop's "rest management" hasn't proven to be effective, these injuries are mostly uncontrollable..his plans didn't stop injuries in 2015, 2017 or 2018 and his minutes allocation arguably lost SA the 2016 semis, as well IMO..he's as extreme as Thibs..
    Man, I really do believe the minutes management absolutely killed the Spurs in the 2016 WCSFs. OKC went on game breaking runs when he was resting players and they were still playing Durant or Westbrook when Kawhi was sitting on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk the Cavs are pretty ty and LeBron has been playing all year. At least the spurs play D
    And we've heard PLENTY of rumors of LeBron leaving, tensions with the coach, Cavs trading before the deadline, etc... They still are a lock for the finals pretty much, as the east hasn't been able to compete with them at the playoff level. That cannot be said at all for the Spurs though.

The Spurs' unwillingness to change (Eg, not making trades before the deadline) will define Kawhi's leaving the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is getting plenty of accolades. Already has a le. Finals MVP. DPOY. He’s not missing out on anything. He’s just more brittle early on than Tim was.
    I will say I don't think he is as tough as Tim. Tim played with bad pain in his knee for years. He had 2 messed up ankles going into the 2005 playoffs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has "Jimmer" potential in terms of number of posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are either being purposely obtuse or I cannot walk you to the point of what I’m saying.
    What do you think Kawhi is doing differently than Duncan in the locker room? Do you see Kawhi being vocal about his discomfort and contaminating the environment? I don't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lets give them Caruso too bruh
    Nah bruh - give them Ennis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A missed diagnosis wouldn't be surprising, it happens.

It happened with Mahinmi and it cost him a season. Except that he was treated like he was soft or weak despite the fact that there was something wrong in his leg. Then Pop treated him like garbage and refused to give him an honest chance, leading many of the more foolish posters to think he couldn't play.

And with Kawhi you get weird Pop quotes, in the vein of, "Gee, we've NEVER seem this before, everyone else recovers just fine. Wow."

Kawhi needs to go get second and third opinions on his indefinite leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said franchise, not roster, losing Kawhi that way would be unbelievable for the acclaimed front office Spurs, it's simple to understand
    you can't separate a franchise from it's roster. The early 90's were terrible from a franchise standpoint. The coaching, the players, the Alamo Dome.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, would now be the time to try to trade him for Bradley Beal? I've read that the Wizards are kinda going through some sort of drama also.
    No way. If Kawhi walks you just tank. No reason to make the odds of the tank 100% by trading him for 30 cents on the dollar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same usual suspects coming out of the woodwork and having a field day when presented with the chance to on the Spurs per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is missing out on numbers.

Om sure he thinks had he played as much minutes as the other guys in his two year run he would have increased bis chances in all other years.

Its the fact that you never get credited in this team plus the he is surrounded with and the Suns level medical managament this year that finally got the word out.

But its incredibly stupid to think superstars would give up minutes and playing time.
    Playing him like 15 MPG in the last week of the season to take his PPG from 27 to 25 was the most embarrassing thing I have seen a coach do to his MVP candidate player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey ESPN just reported the Patriots have turmoil in the locker room between star, coach and ownership too. Look how it turned out for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey ESPN just reported the Patriots have turmoil in the locker room between star, coach and ownership too. Look how it turned out for them.
    Only difference is that Kawhi's injury is more serious than Tom Brady's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall gonna keep wearing those pink glasses, I see?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way. If Kawhi walks you just tank. No reason to make the odds of the tank 100% by trading him for 30 cents on the dollar.
    he would fetch way more than 30 cents. You can easily get a big star from another team that is also going through rough times. I'd bet if we called Memphis and asked for Gasol + Conley, or if we called Portland and asked for Lillard and McCollum , they would scoff but then be interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think Kawhi is doing differently than Duncan in the locker room? Do you see Kawhi being vocal about his discomfort and contaminating the environment? I don't.
    Sigh. Locker room is not just about literally inside the locker room. It’s about voicing displeasure publicly, letting stories like this get out and how you interact with management behind closed doors.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing bold me, spursistan TimDunkem TheDoctor apalisoc_9 and many others that called this.

Like clockwork. He's been LA bound ever since this pathetic roster was formed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very little info given. If the injury is the only "rfit" then I would imagine once he gets healthy things will be able to be repaired. But again, there is very little substance to the article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj doing a hit piece since SA doesn’t give him any scoops. He can’t get in so he’s helping his sources by trying to create a rift.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing him like 15 MPG in the last week of the season to take his PPG from 27 to 25 was the most embarrassing thing I have seen a coach do to his MVP candidate player..
    This. Its beyond stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been LA bound ever since this pathetic roster was formed
    TBH I don't completely disagree with this. No start likes having ty teammates and no real prospect of winning (Melo aside).

Thread Information