Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it since July when PATFO thought reupping old, one-dimensional players and putting them around an already injured Kawhi to carry yet again would sour things between them.

Now, not only that, but PATFO has completely botched his quad diagnosis and rehab. Jesus Christ. This organization doesn't deserve Kawhi.
    I wouldn't hold it against Kawhi if he walks given the horrible job RC has done putting this team together. Mills should have never been brought back and signing Gasol to a three year deal instead of having a valuable expiring contract to trade was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Obviously I want him to stay, but if he walks in 2019 I'll understand.
    These things are true. Bad signings are something Kawhi can see for himself.

Other teams should have better looking rosters that could offer him a lot of money.

In summer 2019:

Spurs will nothing but old whiny Aldridge, incredibly overpaid Mills, and a stretched Gasol contract eating up cap, and Murray and White.

Danny Green might leave this summer, or become overpaid and aging.

They let Simmons walk for nothing.

They let Dedmon walk for nothing.

They signed the worst rim protector in NBA history with Joffrey. Instead of just drafting Bell.

Anderson will be gone, no big crime there.

Gay will be an old washed up free agent.

And there is no cap room to improve in summer 2018 because of the Mills and Gasol abominations.

Furthermore, with Kawhi uncertainty, they probably don't trade away future picks now. Why trade an 18 and 20 for Kemba Walker if both Kawhi and Kemba are free agents together. If Kawhi bolts, Kemba isn't staying, and now you're out a pick in the first year of a rebuild.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would fetch way more than 30 cents. You can easily get a big star from another team that is also going through rough times. I'd bet if we called Memphis and asked for Gasol + Conley, or if we called Portland and asked for Lillard and McCollum , they would scoff but then be interested.
    Gasol and Conley is 30 cents on the dollar for Leonard when considering Conley is having his own lost season while also on an enormous contract. I'll pass on a high volume chucker like Lollard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj doing a hit piece since SA doesn’t give him any scoops. He can’t get in so he’s helping his sources by trying to create a rift.
    Yeah, its kind of an un-woj-ish thing to do isn't it? Weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Conley is 30 cents on the dollar for Leonard when considering Conley is having his own lost season while also on an enormous contract. I'll pass on a high volume chucker like Lollard.
    Definitely not equivalent but you have to discount the injury and systemic nature of it. Teams aren't going to give full value unless they're the Minnesota Front Office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mere fact that this has gotten out to the national media tells you that the rift is real and that PATFO have lost their grip somewhere..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh. Locker room is not just about literally inside the locker room. It’s about voicing displeasure publicly, letting stories like this get out and how you interact with management behind closed doors.
    Well, Duncan had those moments too when he was about to move to Orlando. Just imagine the amount of stories that would have been leaked with today's social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not equivalent but you have to discount the injury and systemic nature of it. Teams aren't going to give full value unless they're the Minnesota Front Office
    Well yeah you never get full value trading an MVP candidate. Which is why you don't trade them. I'd only trade Kawhi if he went to the front office and told them he was going to walk in the year of his impending free agency. So if he says he's gone in January 2019 and there is no talking him out of it, then I'll trade him for 30 cents on the dollar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW Lollard and Kyrie Irving are essentially the same player. It's just one has a super cool invisible watch he points to on his arm and the other has better And-1 mixtape moves with the basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks ponied up half their team for ty Carmelo Anthony. I'm sure some other idiot would throw half his team for then chance to get a player like Leonard. This is a league where guys like Mozgov, Noah, and Deng are making 17+ million to do nothing. Plenty of GMs out there would pony up for Kawhi imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah you never get full value trading an MVP candidate. Which is why you don't trade them. I'd only trade Kawhi if he went to the front office and told them he was going to walk in the year of his impending free agency. So if he says he's gone in January 2019 and there is no talking him out of it, then I'll trade him for 30 cents on the dollar.
    Dude he's totally going to LA. We could lose him for nothing. Also if we trade him now we don't have to give a steeper "rental" discount. If we wait the best we could get back is a package of guys like Oladipo/Sabonis like the Pacers got for Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW Lollard and Kyrie Irving are essentially the same player. It's just one has a super cool invisible watch he points to on his arm and the other has better And-1 mixtape moves with the basketball
    Not really. Lollard is a low percentage chucker, while Irving is a pretty efficient scorer and big game player. But I wouldn't trade Kawhi for Irving either unless it's January 2019 and Kawhi tells the front office he's leaving in July.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny how a poster like me always seems to get stuff right...i predicted about Parker...then i said Kawhi isnt digging the way Pop is dealing with his injury and playing time...ppl on here lambasted me saying that Pop knows what he is doing...ive been TELLING you Kawhi doesnt like Pop's way...combine that with a fanbase that doesnt appreciate him, and a front office that is surrounding him with senile players, mark my words...he is GONE after next year unless we do something drastic to change his surroundings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Lollard is a low percentage chucker, while Irving is a pretty efficient scorer and big game player. But I wouldn't trade Kawhi for Irving either unless it's January 2019 and Kawhi tells the front office he's leaving in July.
    Totally agree if both players are in a bubble.

But come 2019, once Kawhi tells the FO he's leaving that goes public and the other GMs smell blood. Then you don't even get Irving, you get IT and a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude he's totally going to LA. We could lose him for nothing. Also if we trade him now we don't have to give a steeper "rental" discount. If we wait the best we could get back is a package of guys like Oladipo/Sabonis like the Pacers got for Paul George.
    I'd rather take the chance of losing him for nothing than remove all doubt and trade him for far inferior talent that'll push the team into the same lottery they'd be in if he just walked outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny how a poster like me always seems to get stuff right...i predicted about Parker...then i said Kawhi isnt digging the way Pop is dealing with his injury and playing time...ppl on here lambasted me saying that Pop knows what he is doing...ive been TELLING you Kawhi doesnt like Pop's way...combine that with a fanbase that doesnt appreciate him, and a front office that is surrounding him with senile players, mark my words...he is GONE after next year unless we do something drastic to change his surroundings
    Boom.

The truth is Pink Glassess fans are dumb who cant think for themselves.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Chilling".

ESPN.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj doing a hit piece since SA doesn’t give him any scoops. He can’t get in so he’s helping his sources by trying to create a rift.
    Woj is never wrong son. We can deny all the drama we want. He called the Aldridge trade request and his protege', Shams, called the Kyrie trade.

This isn't imaginary land. Anyone could see how a generational talent can be unhappy by the roster constructed and how Poop purposely s on his PPG to keep the 'system' myth alive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree if both players are in a bubble.

But come 2019, once Kawhi tells the FO he's leaving that goes public and the other GMs smell blood. Then you don't even get Irving, you get IT and a pick.
    You think other GMs won't be smelling blood the first time RC includes Leonard in a call?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think other GMs won't be smelling blood the first time RC includes Leonard in a call?
    Yup thats why they dont get close to full value even this year. But thats how trading an MVP goes. That is unless he comes back fully healthy next year and we showcase him a la LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news. This organization was tailored to get along and respect one another. That includes management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same outlet that reported the tension/egos in the Pats locker room. Sure turned out ty for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same outlet that reported the tension/egos in the Pats locker room. Sure turned put ty for them.
    TBH as a fair weather 9ers fan I'm sure glad Tommy did ultimatum them Jimmy G for free!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Kawhi we have done quite well. The roster without him is in need of a penetrating PG and a reliable playmaker off the bench. Where can we get those two pieces on reasonable contracts? If that is out there, then it is something to consider. If not, you hang on to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH as a fair weather 9ers fan I'm sure glad Tommy did ultimatum them Jimmy G for free!
    Crazy that they let the guy go for that cheap. Such a dumb trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup thats why they dont get close to full value even this year. But thats how trading an MVP goes. That is unless he comes back fully healthy next year and we showcase him a la LMA
    You're acting like he's Paul George who was 100% gone. There is no reason to think that yet. I don't trade Kawhi unless he tells me 100% he's gone in a few months. Losing an MVP level player will set the team back a decade and getting a quarter and a dime in exchange isn't going to stop the Spurs from becoming a crap lotto team.

Thread Information