Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still believe where there's smoke, there's fire but I guess it's time to contradict Jalen now since he contradicted himself... unless this news is new.

10 days ago, he said in his podcast at the 13:10 mark:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=22136784

"do not believe the rumors that [Kawhi] is unhappy in San Antonio; he's not sitting out to prove a point. The Gentleman is really injured."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loooove me some Kawhi. A black male athlete that isn't self centered, showboat, an helps kids for free.. This dude is my hero. But if he thinks he can get to a better organization better than the Spurs... let that go. him!!!!
    Losing a player like Kawhi is a bad look.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still believe where there's smoke, there's fire but I guess it's time to contradict Jalen now since he contradicted himself... unless this news is new.

"do not believe the rumors that [Kawhi] is unhappy in San Antonio; he's not sitting out to prove a point. The Gentleman is really injured."
    How is it a contradiction if you get new information 10 days later? Is he supposed to keep saying the same thing because he said it once based on the best info at the time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he's jumped on the wagon once WoJ broke the news about the "chillin" effect this injury has had between the FO and Kawhi... then embellished it with his opinion.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA was gonna be a sun until all the media people pressured him. I wouldn't take this for anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very least, the Spurs should immediately sack the medical team that was responsible for the first diagnosis-- the one he underwent at his exit interview last season. That amateur cannot be tolerated at this level.

We will know about the rest when they come up with the extension offer in the off-season, but i think this goes beyond a play for the Supermax from his camp. It is either a general estrangement from the organization and the place (what if the guy, egged on by influential family members, just want to go to back to California?) or him trying to put his GM cap on behind the scenes..
    Last edited by spursistan; 01-23-2018 at 12:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it a contradiction if you get new information 10 days later? Is he supposed to keep saying the same thing because he said it once based on the best info at the time?
    I mean that's why I said "unless this news is new". It's a complete 180 from 10 days ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea but I guess my point was the Spurs were rumored to be on his list well before FA started. He guessed correctly, but I don't think he had any sort of inside info on the matter. Aldridge said Phoenix was on the top of his list towards the end, but ultimately he went with SA.
    He wasn't guessing.

He reported it the same way he just did the Kawhi news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very least, the Spurs should immediately sack the medical team that was responsible for the first diagnosis-- the one he underwent at his exit interview last season. That amateur cannot be tolerated at this level.

We will know about the rest when they come up with the extension offer in the off-season, but i think this goes beyond a play the Supermax from his camp. It is either a general estrangement from the organization and the place (what if the guy, egged on by influential family members, just want to go to back to California?) or him trying to put his GM cap on behind the scenes..
    Let's hope it's the latter.

But I fear it's the former.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For s sake...I knew this would happen sooner or later after he went down and they decided to bring back Fatty and the washed up Spanish ostrich for him to carry whenever he came back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep telling you guys, at some point you got to believe me. Kawhi is GONE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't guessing.

He reported it the same way he just did the Kawhi news.
    Yea, but he had no way of knowing if even (according to Woj) Aldridge wasn't fully sure and was torn between the 2 teams.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO slurpers, spin this

I will support Kawhi in whatever team he goes to. Y'all can keep this cultural stroke fest with fat contracts to fat players with fat neck fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    heh.. I don't know what you have been reading tbh.

I defend Kyle bc he gets undeserved grief and hate here... He is a valuable roleplayer to have if you already have stars. Right now, he's underpaid. Has put up an insane defensive season that is getting no hype or anything... I have doubts he will be back. Spurs played hard ball with him when he was up for an extension. He's young and he's looking to get paid. He wouldn't have played this many minutes to begin with if the team didn't have Kawhi injured. I appreciate what he brings but he's obviously not a star, nor is a current Tony, or Patty, or Bertans, or Murray or Danny or whomever.

The only untradeable is Kiwi, and now LMA bc he was extended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I will support Kawhi in whatever team he goes to. Y'all can keep this cultural stroke fest with fat contracts to fat players with fat neck fans.
    I'm pretty sure all professional athletes/coaches feel this way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, but he had no way of knowing if even (according to Woj) Aldridge wasn't fully sure and was torn between the 2 teams.
    Jalen has legit sources. He said LaMarcus wanted to go to San Antonio in February from his sources. That wasn't just guessing. Of course things can change in the summer with Suns coming up with an offer last minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Truth sometimes isn’t easy to handle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen has legit sources. He said LaMarcus wanted to go to San Antonio in February from his sources. That wasn't just guessing. Of course things can change in the summer with Suns coming up with an offer last minute.
    Exactly.. This isn't the National Enquirer tabloid bull just to stir something up... The Spurs barely make the news, so this has to be true. Kawhi is 100% gone like I've been saying for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.. This isn't the National Enquirer tabloid bull just to stir something up... The Spurs barely make the news, so this has to be true. Kawhi is 100% gone like I've been saying for years.
    Yep. The guy is an ex player with many friends in the league. His word is better than half the hacks covering the league, and it's definitely better than anyone here.

Either way, "where there is smoke"...etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LMA extension was a damn good contract and a very underrated move, considering the prices Griffin and Millsap got.

I'm fine with Gasol if it was a 2 year deal only. That 3rd year isn't poison but it's 6mil guaranteed. Mills is my biggest issue in all this. He did not play well enough to deserve that contract. It was an obvious reaction to Parker's injury. Pop and co really wanted a point with corporate knowledge. Gay also got a good deal. Heck the Grizzlies and Mavs gave Parsons and Matthew Max after their injuries and we get Gay for 6.5mil or something.

Drafting White was a bit too odd, then signing Paul when reality is we needed some youth big men.

Btw this Rose clip is just horse. Leonard's group already denied the issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That couldn't be further from the truth

We've had our fair share of BS rumors thrown out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. The guy is an ex player with many friends in the league. His word is better than half the hacks covering the league, and it's definitely better than anyone here.

Either way, "where there is smoke"...etc..
    And don't forget the San Antonio hacks like Jeff McDonald and Don Harris

Johnny Ludden is spinning in his grave somewhere.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He's the ONE guy who broke the LaMarcus to San Antonio news 6 months before it actually happened.
    He's also the one who said "Don't believe the rumore that he's (Kawhi Leonard) not happy in San Antonio" just yesterday. It's really hard to take this guy serious, even for a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LMA extension was a damn good contract and a very underrated move, considering the prices Griffin and Millsap got.

I'm fine with Gasol if it was a 2 year deal only. That 3rd year isn't poison but it's 6mil guaranteed. Mills is my biggest issue in all this. He did not play well enough to deserve that contract. It was an obvious reaction to Parker's injury. Pop and co really wanted a point with corporate knowledge. Gay also got a good deal. Heck the Grizzlies and Mavs gave Parsons and Matthew Max after their injuries and we get Gay for 6.5mil or something.

Drafting White was a bit too odd, then signing Paul when reality is we needed some youth big men.

Btw this Rose clip is just horse. Leonard's group already denied the issue.
    Of course they denied it, what's the alternative and the ramifications?

Thread Information