Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Thanks to KD 29 other teams are dumpster fires also. Not really sure where he thinks he can go to contend with GS
    He can go home. Steve Ballmer will gladly make room for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true tho, tbh, Leonard. You're gonna quit on your team after the last two seasons? Unlike most player fans on this forum, and while Leonard is my fav player, I'm a spurs fan first. And if this is what we get when things get a little tough then this guy. Spurs need to get ainge on the phone I can guarantee he would offer spurs a combo of Tatum/Brown/Philly pick/smart/whatever for him which would at least be a solid return
    I agree with what you said. Just to add to that I have to say the spur fans who want Kawhi to leave to spite RC and Pop. Do us all a favor and root for whatever team that Kawhi joins.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to KD 29 other teams are dumpster fires also. Not really sure where he thinks he can go to contend with GS
    Houston probably

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen wants the Spurs to move Kawhi so they’ll start Mills at SG and someone can put up more points against him than Kobe did that one night against Jalen/Raptors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Houston about to offerr CP3 the supermax and harden signing it already they have no room to sign him. And no assets to trade either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't put any weight into anything Skip Bayless has to say, but figured I'd post anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi might not be a Spur in a few weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Kawhi" Spurs fans are greeting oblivion with arms wide open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But hey lets all applaud the Spurs strapping on 100 million to Patty and Pau over the next 3-4 years.

For those who supported the moves last summer...

Congratulations.
    only the re ed "basketball experts" in spurstalk applauded this , they also wanted Simmons (who was one of the only ones who seemed to have a real connection with Kawhi) out of SA and think Kawhi-ball disrupts the rest of the team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true tho, tbh, Leonard. You're gonna quit on your team after the last two seasons? Unlike most player fans on this forum, and while Leonard is my fav player, I'm a spurs fan first. And if this is what we get when things get a little tough then this guy. Spurs need to get ainge on the phone I can guarantee he would offer spurs a combo of Tatum/Brown/Philly pick/smart/whatever for him which would at least be a solid return
    Lol when will you point the finger at spurs front office?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO slurpers, spin this

I will support Kawhi in whatever team he goes to. Y'all can keep this cultural stroke fest with fat contracts to fat players with fat neck fans.
    fckin player fans, hate them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi might not be a Spur in a few weeks.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    With Houston about to offerr CP3 the supermax and harden signing it already they have no room to sign him. And no assets to trade either.
    Morey will always find a way to clear space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol when will you point the finger at spurs front office?
    I know you're a random gnsf so I'll give you a pass but if you actually read most of my posts I have criticized the FO. Their recent moves have been trash. But everyone is so focused on the now and people act like can't change very quickly. Our front office has been trash overall for the last year. But they have consistently found ways to contend with only being able to pick in the low 20s for years in an undesirable FA destination. So I have to think they can figure out our ty roster situation. Kawhi quitting and wanting out (it true) after the success he's had over his career screams made got. Imho

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fckin player fans, hate them
    What are you trying to say, Spurs fan from Argentina?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone tell me why the 50+ wins matters?
    Because it means the team is consistently putting a good product out there year in and year out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows what is true or isn't but the Spurs can't get every big name FA (how many times have the glorified Lakers and Knicks missed out on stars?). The biggest issue was wasting precious cap space on 2 albatross deals. That severely limits the options to improve in the immediate future.

As far as Kawhi goes, from everything it appears that he isn't happy with the injury misdiagnosis that has basically cost him most of this season. That type of mistrust can become a bigger issue if it isn't handled properly.

IMO Kawhi respects Pop so if this is true I do think it can be resolved.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you're a random gnsf so I'll give you a pass but if you actually read most of my posts I have criticized the FO. Their recent moves have been trash. But everyone is so focused on the now and people act like can't change very quickly. Our front office has been trash overall for the last year. But they have consistently found ways to contend with only being able to pick in the low 20s for years in an undesirable FA destination. So I have to think they can figure out our ty roster situation. Kawhi quitting and wanting out (it true) after the success he's had over his career screams made got. Imho
    Spurs were getting smacked by the Grizz, Suns, and Lakers every year until Kawhi showed up. Never forget that. He's earned his success and shouldn't bow or be thankful to anyone. This team without him is no different than the Josh Smith Hawks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really buy the crap coming out of Steven A Smith and I don't trust Jalen's sources either. Now Woj's story is something to take home to the bank but he's not reporting things boiling over like SAS and Jalen are talking. Even if it was as bad as they're saying you still have to hold on to Kawhi until at least early 2019 and hope you could change his mind like the Lakers were able to accomplish with an angry Kobe in 2007.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were getting smacked by the Grizz, Suns, and Lakers every year until Kawhi showed up. Never forget that. He's earned his success and shouldn't bow or be thankful to anyone. This team without him is no different than the Josh Smith Hawks
    And they have been choking every year the playoffs against teams they were favored to beat every year he's been here except 2. So what is your point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it means the team is consistently putting a good product out there year in and year out.
    People glom onto it like it's an accomplishment in and of itself, rather than a byproduct of putting a "good product out there." That's what I don't understand.

I'd be happier winning 48 games and a championship than 50 and getting bounced in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen has legit sources. He said LaMarcus wanted to go to San Antonio in February from his sources. That wasn't just guessing. Of course things can change in the summer with Suns coming up with an offer last minute.
    Meh where else was he going to go?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things didn't get "a little tough", its the Spurs medical staff ed up and Kawhi is missing most of the season as a result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's say what Rose said is true. Based on how badly Pop and the Spurs wanted to keep Aldridge, despite the year he had last year, do you all honestly think the Spurs won't do everything they possibly can to make Kawhi happy? Seriously.

Thread Information