Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republican-led Congress has turned the work of the president's opioid commission into a "charade" and a "sham," a member of the panel told CNN.

"Everyone is willing to tolerate the intolerable -- and not do anything about it," said former Democratic Rep. Patrick Kennedy, who was one of six members appointed to the bipartisan commission in March. "I'm as cynical as I've ever been about this stuff."

President Donald Trump declared the opioid epidemic a 90-day public health emergency in October, but did not make any new funding available. In November the president said he would donate his third quarter salary to the Department of Health and Human Services to help fight the crisis.

Critics say the declaration did virtually nothing to change the status quo and that overdose deaths have continued to mount in the months since. The public health emergency declaration was, in fact, set to expire on January 23, but as the government was headed toward a shut down on Friday, Acting Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services Eric Hargan renewed the national public health emergency for another 90 days.

"This and the administration's other efforts to address the epidemic are tantamount to reshuffling chairs on the anic," said Kennedy. "The emergency declaration has accomplished little because there's no funding behind it. You can't expect to stem the tide of a public health crisis that is claiming over 64,000 lives per year without putting your money where your mouth is."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/health...mmission-sham/

The Trump university of drug policies.

Trump's incompetence and laziness are killing people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combined with keeping proven pain killer marijuana criminal, it is indeed disappointing to see Don cave in.

Without a doubt all kinds of Repugs and Demons in on the opioid profiting.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We knew dis chit was gonna happen. Mthrfkr didn't even invest any ing money.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, you really made the case for how well Trump is addressing the opiod epidemic.

Way to go, I am in awe of your evidence and well-reasoned post.

Sokay, we all know that was your best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combined with keeping proven pain killer marijuana criminal, it is indeed disappointing to see Don cave in.

Without a doubt all kinds of Repugs and Demons in on the opioid profiting.
    really dissapointing.

when my grandfather was going through radiation for cancer i ended up making him edibles to eat and he kicked his addiction to vicodin, tramadol, and one other pain killer medication i can't remember right now. he was clean off those from the get go and claimed all he needed was a qtr of a cookie to get him through the day and a qtr a cookie for night. he was never high nor out of it. edibles don't really work on me so when testing if i felt anything at all in the slightest then i knew they were strong and he'd only need a tiny amount every day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious...what money and where should the money be spent? These opiod ODs aren't on Vicoden. Are heroin junkies going to stop just because the modern day version of Nancy Reagan cuts a TV commercial to "just say no" to smack?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious...what money and where should the money be spent? These opiod ODs aren't on Vicoden. Are heroin junkies going to stop just because the modern day version of Nancy Reagan cuts a TV commercial to "just say no" to smack?
    Where's your backup for that statement?
    My guess is that since hydrocodone/Vicodin is one of the most prescribed opioids, then there are likely a high number of associated ODs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, im sure there are some hydrocodone ods but as a percentage of opiod ods it is a relative small percent. You would have to take a load of them like you were trying to suicide.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generations are prescribed opiods and then taken off them almost cold turkey and street prices shoot up, heroin gives them their relief, at a cheaper price.

Unsure about the rest of the country, but there's a great docu-series on Netflix called Dope and the first episode is about Baltimore's heroin epidemic. They have the highest OD rate and the most frequent cause is fetynal (sp?)-laced heroin ODs. Good show, check it out, S46.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generations are prescribed opiods and then taken off them almost cold turkey and street prices shoot up, heroin gives them their relief, at a cheaper price.

Unsure about the rest of the country, but there's a great docu-series on Netflix called Dope and the first episode is about Baltimore's heroin epidemic. They have the highest OD rate and the most frequent cause is fetynal (sp?)-laced heroin ODs. Good show, check it out, S46.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 years ago, I was getting 10s for $3 per, no minimum. Now, you'd be lucky to grab them at under $10 per. And this is in the meth capital of the world. Hearing how much black tar heroin use is shooting up over here, crazy stuff.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where's your backup for that statement?
    My guess is that since hydrocodone/Vicodin is one of the most prescribed opioids, then there are likely a high number of associated ODs.
    The long term access to pills has been cut quite a bit in the past few years so there's a lot more addict ODs who switched to heroin laced with fentanyl.

Opioids are still overprescribed and there is certainly a lot of potential use for fed money for treatment programs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so glad i only like mj and a psychedelic here and there once or twice a year. opium, meth, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The long term access to pills has been cut quite a bit in the past few years so there's a lot more addict ODs who switched to heroin laced with fentanyl.

Opioids are still overprescribed and there is certainly a lot of potential use for fed money for treatment programs.
    Interesting. But for the statistics, would an OD on fentanyl laced heroin be classified as an OD on a prescribed opioid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so glad i only like mj and a psychedelic here and there once or twice a year. opium, meth, etc...
    Lot's of talk now about psychedelics doing wonders for depression.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mushroom and peanutbutter sammiches... could never stop laughing for hours.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Interesting. But for the statistics, would an OD on fentanyl laced heroin be classified as an OD on a prescribed opioid?
    Nope, it's not prescribed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the day, there was the ranch not too far away that had all the conditions for the cows to make the magic poop. After a good spring rain, there would always be a few cars parked around his property with kids squeezing through his fence and making a mad dash to fill up their garbage bags.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after 5 yrs of no psychedelics back in my early 20's i finally did some mush. haven't had a panic attack since but i had numerous panic attacks daily beforehand due to a very heavy dose of lsd. i no longer do lsd which saddens me but there's no way i am risking developing panic attacks again. mush is easy for me to still break through to the other side but while doing so i don't completely lose my mind like i would on heavy doses of lsd. this last time though i ended back in fractal crystal city but it was still a great trip.

i've never eaten with mush to digest them. usually raw or in a tea. i trip too hard unlike most so i really have to know my surroundings and those i am with. though i have had my bouts of laughter on mush which is always fun. this last time i couldn't stop laughing and crying at the thought of sigourney weaver's fro and another cast members hairy arms in aliens because it was just too much hair for me to handle, whatever that means. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 years ago, I was getting 10s for $3 per, no minimum. Now, you'd be lucky to grab them at under $10 per. And this is in the meth capital of the world. Hearing how much black tar heroin use is shooting up over here, crazy stuff.
    You were taking 10s for the buzz? Damn. How many would you have to take? Ten?
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 01-24-2018 at 05:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after 5 yrs of no psychedelics back in my early 20's i finally did some mush. haven't had a panic attack since but i had numerous panic attacks daily beforehand due to a very heavy dose of lsd. i no longer do lsd which saddens me but there's no way i am risking developing panic attacks again. mush is easy for me to still break through to the other side but while doing so i don't completely lose my mind like i would on heavy doses of lsd. this last time though i ended back in fractal crystal city but it was still a great trip.

i've never eaten with mush to digest them. usually raw or in a tea. i trip too hard unlike most so i really have to know my surroundings and those i am with. though i have had my bouts of laughter on mush which is always fun. this last time i couldn't stop laughing and crying at the thought of sigourney weaver's fro and another cast members hairy arms in aliens because it was just too much hair for me to handle, whatever that means. lol
    How do you know the panic attacks were related to the lsd? As to the depression benefits, I think people are taking microdoses. Not enough to trip. But I've also heard of ketamine treatments where the patient gets a dose large enough to trip.

I never went out in public if I was tripping. ...I can barely handle going out when high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Fox News Host Eric Bolling Meets With Trump Over Opioid Epidemic

The host says that Trump has been a regular caller and well-wisher since his son passed away on Sept. 8, the same day that his separation from Fox News was announced.
    On Tuesday afternoon, former Fox News host Eric Bolling met in the White House with President Trump to discuss the opioid epidemic, an issue that has taken on a personal resonance for him since the passing of his only son from an accidental overdose in early September.

Bolling tells The Hollywood Reporter that he had a lengthy conversation with the president about the issue, which he said he's discussed on phone calls and "several" previous visits with Trump in the White House. He also met with counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, who has been tapped to lead the White House's response to the epidemic.

"Eric has committed to help the president and his administration as we endeavor to bend the curve and destroy this 'crisis next door,'" Conway said in part in a statement to THR. She said that Bolling's "ability to connect and communicate with people on a range of issues is well-known."

Bolling says he was "very happy to hear" that Trump is focused on the issue, which he says the White House is "stepping up" efforts to combat, including a new initiative involving the U.S. surgeon general that's slated to be announced in the coming days. He says he's convinced that Trump is well-informed on the supply side of the opioid issue. (The administration has gotten some flak for not taking more tangible steps to address the problem.)

"I have offered him 100 percent of my availability, whatever he needs me to do," Bolling said last week. After his Tuesday meeting, Bolling said, "They're going to be using me to help develop some of these awareness initiatives."

Bolling says that Trump has called him "more times than you can count on one hand" and has shown him "compassion and empathy" since the death of his son, 19-year-old Eric Chase, from an overdose stemming from his ingestion of a pill laced with fentanyl. "He's been amazing," he says of Trump.

Bolling says the president called him on Thanksgiving, right as he and his wife were about to sit down to dinner with an empty chair that would have been for their son. "The timing was poetic," he says.

"There's nothing in it for him," Bolling adds of Trump's calls and well-wishes. "I'm not on air. I'm literally just a friend. He cares. He cares about a man who loses his son." (Bolling, who frequently defended Trump on air at Fox News, says he's known the president for 13 or 14 years.)

Bolling's son died a few hours after Fox News announced that Bolling had "amicably" left the network following a monthlong suspension and investigation conducted by an outside law firm. The separation was set in motion by an Aug. 4 article in HuffPost, which relied on 14 sources to report that he was accused of sending "an unsolicited photo of male genitalia via text message to at least two colleagues at Fox Business and one colleague at Fox News." Bolling's lawyer denied the charges at the time and said his client "does not believe" he sent the images. Bolling threatened to sue the author of the story, Yashar Ali, but has not yet done so.

Fox News, in a Sept. 8 statement, thanked Bolling for his "10 years of service." He told THR that the announcement followed weeks of discussions with the network, and says he was satisfied with the negotiated separation.

On the night of the announcement, Bolling took his wife out to a nice dinner. "We were looking forward to the next step in my career, in our lives together," he says. On the car ride home from dinner, Bolling says he got a call from a man who, panicked, told him to call a female associate of his son's. She broke the news of his son's passing. "I call her, and she's crying, and I'm thinking for some reason I just went right to, 'Is he alive?' She said, 'No.'"

In the four and half months since his son's passing, Bolling says he's been buoyed by frequent calls from some of his contemporaries in the news business. Bolling says that Sean Hannity, his former colleague, and MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, who is on the other end of the political spectrum, "have checked in with [him] constantly, constantly." CNN's Don Lemon and Van Jones have also called Bolling often to see how he's doing. And, he says that one-time Fox News star Megyn Kelly has also reached out. Scarborough, he says, put in a call when he and his wife were at a particularly low point in the grieving process. "These people have found a way to reach out, and it's been amazing," he says.

Eric Chase Bolling's cause of death was confirmed as an accidental overdose in a coroner's report released in late October. On Sept. 9, a day after his death, TMZ reported that Bolling's son was distraught by his father's exodus from Fox News and had committed suicide. Bolling says the false report, which was later corrected, was "so hurtful and harming and so detrimental" to him and his wife, Adrienne.

Bolling conveyed that his son, a second-year student at the University of Colorado, was a social butterfly who planned to join a fraternity. "I'll never forget," he says. "I said, 'Eric, you've got to really be careful not to get involved in things that can kill you, that can hurt you, the harder drugs. ... He said, 'Dad, I got this.' It was one of the last times we had that discussion." He says he wonders now whether he should have taken his son's word for it.

In recent weeks and months, Bolling has re-emerged and used his Twitter profile as a "clearinghouse" for personal stories about the devastating effects of opioid abuse. (Ever the political gladiator, he's also gotten in some partisan jabs here and there.)

"It's not easy," he says. "Half the time I'm typing on Twitter there are tears in my eyes."

Bolling says that he's had conversations with interested parties about a potential return to media, but nothing is formally in the works. Some companies are likely to be resistant considering the cir stances that led to his departure from Fox News.

Says Bolling, "I'll let that path be lighted for me, and I'll certainly take that path, whether it's back in the media world or whether it's the opioid awareness world."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-host-eric-bolling-meets-trump-opioid-epidemic-1076931

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Fox News Host Eric Bolling Meets With Trump Over Opioid Epidemic
    You're off topic now Chris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know the panic attacks were related to the lsd? As the depression benefits, I think people are taking microdoses. Not enough to trip.

I never went out in public if I was tripping. ...I can barely handle going out when high.
    in HS loved lsd and took it all the time considering it only cost $3-$5 a hit back then. so i'd double or triple up on tabs and go on my merry way. never had a panic attack prior to my last lsd trip and they didn't surface until a week or so after that trip and lasted for damn near 5 yrs daily but only a month or two after that mush trip.

that lsd trip was way too intense and so was my last mush trip but i was better prepared for it this time around. anyhow, that last lsd trip was like 20 tabs or so. i bought that sheet for a mere $20 so i took it all thinking it was bunk. dumb high school kid i was thought nothing of it and off i went to a few worlds unlike this one and then catapulted into the void; the collective consciousness is what i assume it was. 14 hrs later i came to; i was blacked out which never happened before and i threw up during my trip which i never had done before.

Thread Information