Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another fop to coal and punishing solar installers.

Too little, too late.

Washing machines for some reason also are on the block.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...ogic-and-trump

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't know when it happened, but you're in between boutons and cosmored on the sanity spectrum. Even when you occasionally get one right it's lost on the fact that "ohhh, this guy posted it."

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I don't know when it happened, but you're in between boutons and cosmored on the sanity spectrum. Even when you occasionally get one right it's lost on the fact that "ohhh, this guy posted it."
    happened on this night and he'll never recover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he melted down after the election tbh ... spamming melania picks

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Forbes provides some context that Bloomberg couldnt bother with.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekea.../#1e8a2c5231a8

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If an $8K system goes to $16K, then Fed subsidy of 30% tax deductible also doubles

Similar to Fed health insurance subsidy goes up when Repugs cause insurance price to go up.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-24-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his defense, he thought Dems were going to take congress along with the WH which would lead to a progressive stacked SC and basically permanent Dem control. It had to be a rough night for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tariffs are bad trade policy.

In this case, the tariffs will reduce solar installation jobs on the order of 10000+, if the trade organization that represents them is to be believed (can't remember exact number).

The industry analysis I have heard is that the solar panel manufacturing industry is too small to really leverage this to balance that loss.

Making the tariff a net job killer.
    The President and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association, Abigail Ross Hopper, predicted the tariffs lead to the loss of roughly 23,000 American jobs this year.

"While tariffs in this case will not create adequate cell or module manufacturing to meet U.S. demand, or keep foreign-owned Suniva and SolarWorld afloat, they will create a crisis in a part of our economy that has been thriving, which will ultimately cost tens of thousands of hard-working, blue-collar Americans their jobs."
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...shing-machines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his defense, he thought Dems were going to take congress along with the WH which would lead to a progressive stacked SC and basically permanent Dem control. It had to be a rough night for him.

No, actually I didn't think that, especially not for 2016.

The GOP is on a demographically unsustainable path towards irrelevance though. That kind of trend takes a while to really manifest itself. I do think it is more likely than not that the GOP will lose control of Congress this fall, although it is still too early to say that with any real degree of certainty.

Tell me, how you think a party that alienates women, minorities, and young people has a viable future?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair cop.

Trump's election was, and still is, deeply shocking.

On that vien though, if Trump had been a Democrat, do you have any doubt that those pictures would be all over Fox News?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The EU has set minimum import duties for Chinese solar modules and cells that price them up to 30 percent above market levels – a level roughly identical to Trump's.

The European Commission has said that the tariffs are designed to make prices even in the long run, which will be to the benefit of European solar panel manufacturers. But many fear that the industry doesn't have the time to wait it out. Fairer prices won't be of much good to European solar panel manufacturers if their clients have gone out of business. Investors are holding off investing for the moment to see what price effect the tariffs will have, leaving solar growth stalled. Now that will be happening on both sides of the Atlantic.
    The context being that the EU has more flexibility in their tariff regimen, and that Trump is mimicking a bad EU policy?

What should we do with the context that our bad policy is based on someone else's bad policy? Does that make a bad policy somehow good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly him and many Shillary s also instantly became neocons when the Media started pushing the Russiagate hoax.

Good peace loving liberals all of a sudden became W Bush’s lemmings. Insane strategy by the Deep state but seems to work on liberals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair cop.

On that vien though, if Trump had been a Democrat, do you have any doubt that those pictures would be all over Fox News?
    Whataboutism

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey, it worked with car tires a few years ago -- oh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The context being that the EU has more flexibility in their tariff regimen, and that Trump is mimicking a bad EU policy?

What should we do with the context that our bad policy is based on someone else's bad policy? Does that make a bad policy somehow good?
    Even Al Gore agrees with the tariffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because that's always been good enough for you

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly him and many Shillary s also instantly became neocons when the Media started pushing the Russiagate hoax.

Good peace loving liberals all of a sudden became W Bush’s lemmings. Insane strategy by the Deep state but seems to work on liberals
    Oh the Deep State under Hater's bed.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Chinese are also poisoning themselves so there will be a good deal of learning "what not to do" from them. Their air should be a big example for us and "The Donald wants coal".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (shrugs)

The measure of good/bad policy is not whether Al Gore agrees with them.

Policies are good or bad on their own merit, like any argument.

Do you think these tariffs are good policy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm...

My point at the time, and still is, that the Christian evangelicals driving modern conservatism are deeply hypocritical.

Personally I don't care about the pictures.

Not really a whataboutism if the entire point is based on providing evidence of hypocrisy, i.e. different moral standards for Democrats and Republicans.

Does that help?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me, how you think a party that alienates women, minorities, and young people has a viable future?
    yeah i agree with you, the democratic party has a lot to overcome.

claiming that's a republican thing is akin to Russia, Russia, Russia. but i forgot, the democratic party is the pinnacle of what humankind should aspire to. you know, cheating, lying, plotting, backstabbing, pussy hat wearing, whining, sense of en lement, laws, etc... yeah exactly what we should aspire to be.

Fair cop.

i hope it gets worse for you. lmao

they've always been that way. bunch of assholes who want us all to perceive them as white knights(or knightettes ha) here to save humanity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (shrugs)

The measure of good/bad policy is not whether Al Gore agrees with them.

Policies are good or bad on their own merit, like any argument.

Do you think these tariffs are good policy?
    I admit to not knowing about washing machine quotas but the chinese government subsidizes and sets quotas for solar panels. The problem was they produced way more than they could use and then dumped them on the world market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit to not knowing about washing machine quotas but the chinese government subsidizes and sets quotas for solar panels. The problem was they produced way more than they could use and then dumped them on the world market.
    and with basic rules of supply and demand, increased supply would suppress prices. cheaper energy bad now.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solar is way too expensive anyway and always has been.

It's undeniable, except to maybe the uber left denialist lib s, that green and economical mix about as well as oil and water.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solar is way too expensive anyway and

It's undeniable, except to maybe the uber left denialist lib s, that green and economical mix about as well as oil and water.
    It made sense to me when CPS did the rebates. Loaded up the SA house and saves about $100 a month. Little less than nine year payout.

Thread Information