Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    ...be this ing awful at a precision passing compe ion?

Struggle Wilson

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Let's get Avante's posts in this thread out of the way.

We are talking about an....HISTORICAL....talent here with Russell Wilson. You can't watch a Seahawks game anymore without some chart/graph about how he is in with the legends/greats when they were at his stage of the career.

Here we have the ultimate pass/run/smart/cool QB. Yep, the total package. His highlight video would be THE highlight video for QB's. So many...WOW~~~...plays.

All anyone ever has to do is look at the stats/wins/playoff success vs all the great QB's at the same stage of the career, BOOM....there it is right there. He never rode a bench, he's never missed a game, he just walked in and started winning. No QB has won more games in the history of the NFL than Russell Wilson at this stage of the career.

Now add...

Only QB to ever........ 4000 passing, 500 yards rushing and 30 TD's in a season.
    No QB had a better QB rating in their first two seasons.
    As a rookie he tied Peyton for most TB passes.

There is no QB I have seen (since late 50's) where I'm.....wow~~~...like I do with Russell Wilson.

He wins with BEASTMODE or without him, he wins with a MONSTER D or without one, yep....an amazing QB.

Think......how would any other QB be doing right now running for his life?

There is a reason we hear some tv announcer .....simply magical....did we just see that....how he does that, wow.....who else can do that....etc etc etc.
    How many QB's in the history of the NFL had over 3000 yards passing in each of their first six seasons?

A big deal for all QB's is to have twice as many TD's as INT's, would ya believe Wilson has almost three times as many TD's as INT's?

What QB's had more 90 plus QB ratings their first six seasons than Wilson, well?

That word...HISTORICAL...a perfect fit.
    I get tired of being the only one who takes the time to find things out.

How about one of you actually Google Tom Brady and look at his stats/accomplihments in his first six seasons of starting, ok? Then compare that to what Wilson has done. Do that for Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers, whoever, ok?

When it comes to wins, playoff success, stats, what QB had a better first six seasons than Russell Wilson, well? Don't ignore the rushing stats.

Right this minute I see it....

Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers (ok not right this minute)
    Drew Brees
    Big Ben

Now...Russell Wilson...and he is by far the youngest. And.....his first six seasons stats, wins, superior to all of them.
    When did Russell Wilson.....struggle? He set NCAA records, set NFL records, won a SB, almost two, is always ranked high by his peers, married to a honey, makes a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$, this is a .......struggle? Somebody explain this to me, ok?

THIS...is a struggle.

Does just enought to get drafted, then finds himself riding the bench in tHe NFL. He makes bare minimun, has a fat hairy old lady and his team is thinking about dumping him, yep.....struggle.

How could anyone not get this?

RENTON -- As the Seahawks continue this game of musical chairs with their starting running backs, there remains one constant, productive option in the backfield: the quarterback.

Russell Wilson has been the focal point of Seattle's run game in addition to his normal passing duties, and it's resulted in a statistically impressive showing through nine games.
    The QB has accounted for 82.1 percent of Seattle's scrimmage yards, the highest percentage by any player in the Super Bowl era. In his sixth season, Wilson has thrown for 2,543 yards and is on pace to surpass his career high of 4,219, set last season.

Wilson also continues to be Seattle's best running back, carrying the ball 51 times for 290 yards and one of the team's two scores on the ground this year.
    Rarely is a quarterback asked to carry a team with his legs as well as his arm. And in the event he is tasked with a such a duty, the team seldom sees much success. Perhaps a comparison may be Cam Newton's responsibilities in Carolina, where the QB leads the team in yards per carry and rushing touchdowns, guiding the Panthers to a 7-3 record.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When listening to those who know the game going on and on about the greatness of Russell Wilson, then coming here to read....struggle....pretty much says it all about the lack of football smarts here.

There will come a time when Russell Wilson is playing but Brady, Brees, Big Ben aren't. So who will be his superiors, yep...Aaron Rodgers, now who?

Obviously you've all seen the charts about where the guy is from an historical perspective vs the greats, he's had as good a first six seasons as anyone. The guy holds NFL records. NOBODY...has won more games in six seasons. AND...he's only 29.

If this is a ....struggle......we have some here who have no idea what the definition of that word is.

Why is it nobody ever takes the time to actually find the stats and see how Wilson stacks up vs the greats? If ya did then you'd see what all the fuss is about, being ignorant to all that....not good.

What has always amazed me about this deal is how could anyone who sees him play not see....IT....? The announcers see ...IT... , it's....magical...how does he do that.....wow. Then ya come here ans it's...struggle.....are you kidding me?

Now he has no running game, the D is just ok....and there he is carrying a 7-4 team, how could anyone not get this? See the greatness.

John Unitas never gets.....well he had Ray Berry the best WR, John Mackey the best TE and Lenny Moore the best receiving RB, all in the HOF. Where was Dan Fouts without Kellon Winslow (HOF), Charlie Joiner (HOF), John Jefferson, Wes Chandler?

What teams relies so much on their QB making plays, well?

Last season Wilson went into NE and beat the Pats there, tonight he took down a team everyone thought was the best in the NFC.

A SB champ, an NFL leader at 110.1 QB rating, ....pro bowl MVP. How many NFL records does the guy hold?

What will his fellow players rate him this season, what.....top 5? What are those defenders who face him thinking?

He's the only QB to beat...

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Big Ben
    Carson Wentz

Imagine if the guy had a running game and all his defense, oh yeah......Superbowl.

So ya all saw the talk shows this morning, how many times did we hear....

amazing
    MVP
    elite
    remarkable

....from those who make their living knowing sports talking about Russell Wilson?

I get we have a load of know nothings here but damn do just a little homework, ok?

Take a few minutes and Google the career of Russell Wilson then do that for Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton, Montana, Brees, Brady. Look at their first six seasons compared to Wilsons......guess what? Look at QB rating, comp %, TD/INT, and............WINS~~~~~ And don't ignore the rushing numbers.

We have histories greatest first six seasons QB in Russell Wilson. Prove that statement wrong, I know....too lazy.

I get the feeling most here have no clue where the guy is from an historical perspective. He's doing things never seen before.

Wilson is on the verge of another NFL first.

He is the only QB in history to have a 4000/30/500 season, well he's about to have another one this season giving him two with nobody else at even one. What an amazing talent and he''s only 29.

Only QB in history with back to back 100 QB ratings his first two seasons.

How many QB 's played in two SB's in their first three seasons?

The real kicker is comparing his six season career to all the legends/greats, at the same stage of a career.

Where are RGIII, Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins?

You're a funny little guy.

Bart Starr played on a team with ....

Jim Ringo
    Forrest Gregg
    Jim Taylor
    Paul Hornung
    Willie Davis
    Ray Nitschke
    Willie Wood
    Herb Adderley

All in the Hall of Fame.

Do you ever think before posting? Starr played on a STACKED team if there ever was one. And...Marshawn Lynch was no Jim Taylor. Taylor the only other back to lead the NFL in rushing in the Jim Brown era.

Bart Starr had these numbers.

57.4 comp %, Wilson has over 64
    TD/INT...152/138, Wilson has an almost three to one ratio, yep...amazing.
    QB rating...80.5, Wilson around 96.
    Starr never ran for more than 169 yards in a season, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Imgine that behind that wimpy Seahawks line...OUCH~~~~~

Now if you'd said Fran Tarkenton like a smart football fan, hmmmmmmmm?

Passing, rushing, regular season wins, playoffs wins, who did that combo better than Russell Wilson? The only QB to have beaten...

Carson Wentz
    DeShaun Watson
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Big Ben
    Peyton Manning

Hmmmmm?Russell Wilson has accounted for (thrown or rushed for) 82.1 percent of the @Seahawks scrimmage yards this season.

That's the highest such percentage by a player in any season in the Super Bowl era. pic.twitter.com/OjweQ1NEOK
    — NFL Research (@NFLResearch) November 16, 2017

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Russell Wilson sets NFL record for fourth-quarter touchdowns in a season with more late-game magic

AND.....

He will have his second 4000/30/500 season in a row, no other QB has even one.

Talk about managing a game, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winningest QB in history with six seasons of a career.
    Only QB in history to start out with two 100 QB rating to start a career.
    Three NFL records mentioned above.

What a game manager he is, huh?

Take away a running game, take away THE LEGION OF BOOM, put it all on Russell Wilson and we get...MVP...talk.

Yet we STILL have some that just can't figure it out.

Former NFL player and scout Bucky Brooks knows the ins and outs of this league, providing keen insight in his notebook. The topics of this edition include:
    -- An underappreciated receiver who deserves to be mentioned among the game's very best.
    -- Three quick takes on hot-button stories.
    But first, a look at Russell Wilson's undeniable MVP candidacy ...
    If the NFL's MVP award were legitimately given to the league's Most Valuable Player, Russell Wilson would win this year's hardware in a landslide. No disrespect to the spectacular play of Tom Brady and Carson Wentz, but they aren't doing nearly as much work for their respective squads as the Seattle Seahawks' quarterback.
    Wilson not only accounts for 82.2 percent of the Seahawks' scrimmage yards -- he's also played a part in 29 of the team's 33 touchdowns (87.9 percent). Not to mention, he sports an NFL-best 134.1 passer rating in the fourth quarter and has thrown a league-leading 15 fourth-quarter touchdown passes against just one interception. With Wilson also serving as the team's leading rusher (432 yards on just 71 attempts -- 6.1 ypc), I can't think of another quarterback in the league doing nearly as much for his squad.

"Yeah, I don't know how you could carry it much more," Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll told reporters a week ago, per The News Tribune.
    Sure, a true franchise signal caller is expected to make the rest of the team better, but what Wilson is doing is remarkable. He is playing quarterback at an elite level, albeit in an unconventional way. As an electric dual-threat playmaker, Wilson entered this week ranked sixth in passing yards (3,256), tied for second in passing touchdowns (26) and sitting behind only Cam Newton in quarterback rushing yards. He has been a one-man show for the 'Hawks.
    "Typically, the best quarterbacks in the National Football League find a way to make the 10 other guys better," Wilson told reporters last week, via The News Tribune. "That's my main concern. That's my focus at all times, is helping our team win."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another full page of that sort of thing, but ya get the point. Give Wilson a line, no RB's, a depleted D and it becomes....MVP....talk.

How could anyone not get this?

When watching the guy play how could anyone not see....IT....? That amazes me. Especially since the TV guys are.....magical....how does he do that....amazing.

Wilson set yet ANOTHER NFL record, damn if I can remember which one. He has so many ya understand.

By the way.....

NFL.com revealed on Saturday that Bell received 855,539 votes. He was followed by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (833,481), Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (832,446), injured Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz (829,174) and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (743,355).
    The full 2018 Pro Bowl rosters will be announced Tuesday based on a combination of fan, player and coach voting.
    Per Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, the NFL revealed that Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley (693,697 votes), Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (651,592 votes), Rams quarterback Jared Goff (571,656 votes), Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (551,058 votes) and Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette (544,068 votes) rounded out the top 10 vote-getters.

So it's...

Tom Brady
    Carson Wentz
    Drew Brees
    Russell Wilson

..when talking QB's.

Now when the NFL players pick this seasons best 100, I can see Wilson at around.....10-15.

Boy does he struggle or what, hahaha~~~~ How many pro bowls has he been voted to?

Constantly voted to the pro bowl, always ranked high by his peers, NFL record holder, winningest six years of experience QB in history, what a stuggle, hahahaha~~~~~~

Remember this one....

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was selected with the first pick in the draft. He was chosen by Michael Irvin, who is serving as a Pro Bowl legend captain opposite fellow Hall of Famer Jerry Rice.

What a struggle it's been, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

NFL records

• Most passing touchdowns in a season by a rookie: 26 (tied with Peyton Manning)[126]
    • Most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie: 385[127]
    • Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first two seasons (24); most total wins in first two seasons (28, including playoffs)[128][129]
    • Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first three seasons: 36[126][130]
    • Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first four seasons: 46[131]
    • Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 56 (tied with Matt Ryan)[132]
    • Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first six seasons: 64[133]
    • First quarterback to throw for 300+ yards and rush for 100+ yards in a single game (vs St. Louis Rams) (10/19/14)[134]
    • Most games 1+ passing touchdowns, season (tied with others twelve players): 16, 2015[135]
    • Most consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions: 5, 2015[136]
    • 2nd highest passer rating, career (minimum 1,500 attempts): 99.6[137]
    • First and the only quarterback in NFL history to throw 3+ passing touchdowns and no interceptions in five consecutive games[138]
    • First and the only quarterback that had a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in five consecutive games[139]
    • First and the only quarterback in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 30+ passing touchdowns, and 500+ rushing yards in the same season (2015

What two other NFL records did he set this season?

Ever notice when watching a Seahawks game how there is always something about Russell Wilson and NFL history?

ou've probably noticed I never get too anything over....a....game. The reason is if ya know the game that is the game. It is up and down, ebb and flo, the great ones more up than down. We have been watching one of the greatest performances ever seen by a QB in the history of te NFL as you have been hearing, over 82 % of his offense is mind boggling. So where is all the....BRAVO....GREAT JOB....WHAT A STUD...WOW....well? The guy has one game where his line, special teams, injuries finally caught up to the team and NOW....NOW....ya have an opinion..........ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ONE MORE TIME

Why not actually take a few minutes and Google the stats of Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, whoever and compare their first six seasons to Russell Wilson. I have done that, trust me if talking wins, running stats, passing stats, playoff success it's...Russell Wilson.

The guy holds a gang of NFL records and he's not yet 30.

THINK.....ok?

Career stats

comp%....64.0
    TD/INT....157/56
    QB rating....98.6
    rushing....3,210
    TD's...16

So who did it better under 30?

Remember....IT'S BEASTMODE, IT'S THE LEGION OF BOOM.

This season Russell Wilson was the running game, he never had that monster D, and what did we hear....MVP? Now he's about to have his second consecutive...4000 yards passing, over 30 TD's, over 500 yards rushing, no other QB has ever done that even once.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ...be this ing awful at a precision passing compe ion?

Struggle Wilson
    you mean the event where Carr set the record?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    also.. at the second post

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He made a pretty accurate pass to butler, tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    this thread

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Darth Pelicans

Post Count
    Avante post accurate AF but needs alot more "dude" and more 50's players sprinkled in tbh.

Post Count
    TFW Avante posts:

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Holy that was in terrible tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I support the OP. And if I get around to it, I'll read DP's rebuttal.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Well let's see...

RW's 4th pro bowl In his first six seasons. Did lead the NFL with 34 td passes (3 rushing). Set yet another NFL record....most 4th Q TD passes in a season.

I do have fun with this.

NFL record....4000/30/500....in a season. Came within 17 yards of doing that again in 2017.
    Tied rookie record for TD's ...26 (Peyton)
    Most wins by any QB in their first six seasons.
    Led the NFL with a 110.1 QB rating in 2015
    Led the NFL in TD's 2017
    Ony QB ever to post two 100 QB ratings his first two seasons.
    Never NEVER sat on a bench
    One yard away from winning two SB in his first three seasons.
    Will be ranked in the top 15 players by the players for 2017.
    MVP discussion in 2017.
    Left the college game as the all time passing efficency leader for a season.

And he did all that before 30.

ONE MORE TIME

Find anyone, any QB, who did it better their first six seasons. Who?

Where is Joe Flacco in these pro bowls? Where is Tom Savage, he's THE BEST QB IN TEXAS....PERIOD, hahaha~~~ How many pro bowls has Derek Anderson been in?

A few years ago when they just picked teams (those voted in) Russell Wilson was the first pick. and has been a pro bowl MVP.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-28-2018 at 04:01 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How funny is this?

Wilson sets NFL record/records....nothing.

He leads the NFL with some stat....nothing.

Here he is in ANOTHER pro bowl....nothing.

He is the all time winningest QB EVER after six seasons....nothing.

Some silly pro bowl whatever (who really watches this stuff, not I) and NOW.....hahaha~~~~~~

And....if he stars in the game like ANOTHER MVP......nothing.

All anyone ever has to do with Russell Wilson is watch him play and listen to the announcers rave about the guy then come here and read what a guy who has seen them alll since the late 50's thinks about the guy. There it is, HOLD IT.....watch any of those talk shows, The Herd, First Take, Undisputed, Golic & Wingo, the NFL Network.......listen to them rave about Russell Wilson.

The only guy who is too damn stupid to get it thinks Tom Sava......hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

AND....if Wilson had won anything in this silliness.....nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wish they still ran The NFL's Fastest Man. The Final.....Tyreek Hil vs Marquiez Goodwin

All Time NFL Fastest Man

O....Olympian

lane

1.Jacoby Ford Raiders
    2.Trindon Holliday Broncos
    3.Ron Brown Rams*** O
    4.Bob Hayes Cowboys O
    5.Jim Hines Dolphins O
    6.Sam Graddy Broncos*** O
    7.Darrel Green Redskins
    8.Alvis Whitted Raiders

All of them ran a sub 10.10. Putting that in perspective......when the great USSR sprinter Valery Borzov won the 72 Olympics gold medal....10.14.

The "B" race

lane

1.Wille Gault Bears*** O
    2.Curtis ey Colts
    3.Tommie Smith Bengals O
    4.Frank Budd EagleS O
    5.Ray Norton Niners O
    6.Cliff Branch Raiders
    7.Willie McGee Chargers
    8.Mel Gray Cards

"C"

lane

1.Stone Johnson Chiefs O
    2.James Jett Raiders O
    3.Tyreek Hill Chiefs
    4.Michael Bennett Vikings***
    5.James Trapp Raiders
    6.Isacc Curtis Bengals
    7.J.D. Hill Bills
    8.Travis Wiliams Packers

Everybody listed ran a sub 10.20 or 9.4 yds

*** one time Raider. Yep...nine Raiders up there.

Now add....

Bo Jackson
    Bo Roberson....Oly long jumper silver/9.5 speed
    Warren Wells
    Napolean Kaufman Cali State Champ
    Justin Fargas Cali State Champ
    Alexander Wright NFL Fastest Man
    Rocket Ismail
    Tim Dwight
    James Lofton
    Terry McDaneil
    Last edited by Avante; 01-28-2018 at 05:25 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I do get a kick out of the little people, hahaha~~~ Funny watching all the freaking out over....a play....a game... , a season. Too damn dumb to figure out.........BODY OF WORK....THE HISTORY. Now it;s...pro bowl...silliness, hahahaha~~~ AND....if Wilson had won and I would have bragged about it, it would have been......bragging about pro bowl silliness, what???

My all time fav....

Avante....check out the speedy Tyreek Hill*** for the Chiefs.
    Clipper Nation....hahahahahah...he muffed the punt.

The next time Hill caught a punt...75 yards TOUCHDOWN.

Where is Clipper Nation? Hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~

*** in his second pro bowl.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-28-2018 at 05:27 AM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This thread.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I was wrong, Wilson has been in five not four Pro Bowls.

So how many QB's were in five pro bowls n their first six seasons, hmmmmm?

Ever notice nobody can come up with any QB who did it better in his first six seasons than Russell Wilson?

Using this criteria....

Never sat on a bench
    Won a SB
    Played in two SB's
    NFL record holder numerous times
    Led the NFL with TD passes
    Led the NFL with QB rating
    5 pro bowls

Who compares to Russell Wilson....well?

Here's what happens....silly immature bull , but nobody coming up with the cat who did it better., ha~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    Avante trying his hardest to deflect from Struggle's stained performance in the precision passing contest.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Do other QB's do much better than that, tbh?

Post Count
    Do other QB's do much better than that, tbh?
    Derek Carr scored 21 and Jared Goff scored 20. Philip Rivers put up 20 last year and Drew Brees scored 16.

Meanwhile, Struggle scored 8 Even Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott and Alex Smith did better than that.

Thread Information