Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I just think being the leader of this team, I don't think he thinks he can take games off, because, you know, guys being hurt and going through a rough patch, and now new guys coming in," Lue said before the Cavs' 112-89 win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday. "So, I think he's trying to lead and lead by example ... I think we still got to be smart about the situation, but [the training staff] say he feels good."

Coincidence that those quotes came a day after it was officially leaked that Leonard is sitting out games indefinitely despite being cleared by his doctors?

Not a good look for him in general, tbh..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs CP3 when we have BP3? Built not bought baby! LeCryBaby we don't need you ese, we're better off with BJ23! Orale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago Splitter also with a dig on Kawhi: "Wow, what a pussy! You need a maxi pad, Kawhi?!"

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't think that was a dig at Kawhi, tbh. Everybody knows Kawhi isn't a leader.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing him to LeBron is unfair, tbh..LeBron is the most durable player in modern NBA history..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is the Lance Armstrong of the NBA, and his unprecedented strength and endurance are truly superhuman.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Lebron is the Lance Armstrong of the NBA, and his unprecedented strength and endurance are truly superhuman.
    You can stop right there. No need to continue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So filled up to the brim of PEDs huh?

Makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll likely see Kawhi alongside Lebron sometime in the near future. Then we can measure the differences.

It wasn't a dig at Kawhi. More fake news from Russia with love.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    it was clear before this saga that no other stars in this league had the same level of respect for kiwi that they do for other stars, tbh. part of it is resentment for perceived product of spur system i.e what durant said, and another part is his disinterest in participating in cliques like olympics or banana boat butt buddies. how often do kawhi hug the star player of another team after a game? almost never. kawhi teammate calling him out publicly and maybe texting with former teammates and friends about this, things start to leak to other players on other teams...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Talk about reaching. I doubt Lue was even thinking about Kawhi when he made those comments. LeBron's never played all 82 games in a season before and has taken some games off to rest in recent years, which he hasn't been doing this year. Lue was asked about it and that was his answer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was clear before this saga that no other stars in this league had the same level of respect for kiwi that they do for other stars, tbh. part of it is resentment for perceived product of spur system i.e what durant said, and another part is his disinterest in participating in cliques like olympics or banana boat butt buddies. how often do kawhi hug the star player of another team after a game? almost never. kawhi teammate calling him out publicly and maybe texting with former teammates and friends about this, things start to leak to other players on other teams...
    That was actually one of the few things I respected about Kawhi. I have never been a fan of the fake pleasantries these players exchange after the game or the fake friendships. I never saw Duncan be cool with rivals like KG,Shaq back in the day like the way Lebron is with Durant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was actually one of the few things I respected about Kawhi. I have never been a fan of the fake pleasantries these players exchange after the game or the fake friendships. I never saw Duncan be cool with rivals like KG,Shaq back in the day like the way Lebron is with Durant.
    what kind of stupid is this?

Why do you hate seeing Black athletes build bonds and friendships?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was definitely a subtle dig, but since Kiwi doesn’t care about the media he isn’t going to know he’s even addressed vaguely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Back again with your stupid racial shticks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back again with your stupid racial shticks.
    Serious, you think LeBron wasn't trying enough when he beat Durant in 2012, or Durant wasn't going hard at LeBron when he won Finals MVP last year? Because of their friendship?

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    that work fine for Tim cause he was a top 5 player ever and the drafting of Tony and manu were enough that he didn't have to recruit. now you have to recruit and i don't mean the dog and pony show that is free agency when players are already decided but doing what raymond did with durant and planting these seeds during the season through text and talk and offseason workouts and player leagues.

it might all be moot anyways as i think Poop is so far removed from the needs and wants of the modern nba star that all the player networking in the world wouldn't have mattered tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious, you think LeBron wasn't trying enough when he beat Durant in 2012, or Durant wasn't going hard at LeBron when he won Finals MVP last year? Because of their friendship?
    That's like brothers. You're going to go harder at your friend or brother than a total stranger because that result will be talked about between you for the rest of your lives.

I like how Larry Legend said it "I would pick fights with guys my brothers age because I wanted to see him get beat up"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that work fine for Tim cause he was a top 5 player ever and the drafting of Tony and manu were enough that he didn't have to recruit. now you have to recruit and i don't mean the dog and pony show that is free agency when players are already decided but doing what raymond did with durant and planting these seeds during the season through text and talk and offseason workouts and player leagues.

it might all be moot anyways as i think Poop is so far removed from the needs and wants of the modern nba star that all the player networking in the world wouldn't have mattered tbh.
    I definitely understand the recruiting game the way it's set up. Unfortunately SA will never be a hot spot for FA's even if Pop is not the coach. It's really about location for the most part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's like brothers. You're going to go harder at your friend or brother than a total stranger because that result will be talked about between you for the rest of your lives.

I like how Larry Legend said it "I would pick fights with guys my brothers age because I wanted to see him get beat up"
    Yes that's true because I remember last year Pau going real hard at Marc in the playoffs. Oh wait Pau disappeared and actually felt bad for his brother

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes that's true because I remember last year Pau going real hard at Marc in the playoffs. Oh wait Pau disappeared and actually felt bad for his brother
    Because Pau is usually a beast in the paint.

Marc is also a brother, why not use him for an example? Oh that's right, it doesn't fit your narrative.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Pau is usually a beast in the paint.

Marc is also a brother, why not use him for an example? Oh that's right, it doesn't fit your narrative.
    It also doesn't fit your narrative since one competed and the other one didn't show up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? That had NOTHING to do with Kawhi and everything to do with propping Lebron up for MVP. No one gives a about Kawhi or the Spurs. They are irrelevant right now and a minor headline.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I also like that kawhi didn't join the frat. You seem to be the racist one here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron and the Cavs would trade everyone on their roster (minus Lebron obviously) for Kawhi.

Thread Information