Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the general premise that less post ups are desirable. I wonder how much of that is pop being lazy.
    LMA style of play is what it is and it's pretty much outdated, definitely. He's as good as anyone at doing what he knows. He was the best option we had and he chose our team when most all star free agents can't run away fast enough. He ain't Duncan and he obviously has diva qualities but he stays earning that money.
    I guess what I'm saying is, you're probably right and it sucks but if kawhi comes back in good form we still got a punchers chance. It's not LMAs fault he isn't Duncan and it's not his fault KD is a weak little .
    I think he's shamefully underrated around the league and unappreciated by SA fans spoiled by the GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs aren't as good without Leonard as they are with him.

Hot take.
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately those are the type of bigmen that are more efficient for an NBA team these days. The ones that play D, run the floor, set picks and don't ask for the ball on the post. It is what it is.

Nobody is saying Capella is a better player than Aldridge. Aldridge is way more talented and can hurt you in many different ways. I just hope he would understand that in today's NBA he can't be posting up 42% of the time.

If he would be OK with varying his offense a little more (bring down that post up frequency to about 25/30 % and once you post up try to go for strong, quick, decisive moves instead of so many fadeaways; try to play more pick and rolls and pick and pops; look for even more chances to get a high low action, run the floor and establish position as deep as you can and if you don't, be cool with being patient and don't ask for the ball on a post up situation 18 feet from the basket, etc.), he would be a lot more efficient and useful.
    Post-up game is a sight for sore eyes for those who like old-school ball. It's an efficient game and I'd much rather Aldridge dance in the post than take long contested two-pointers. He has a good variance of post-up, drives, and pick n' pop shots. He's doing good, it's just that we're missing Kawhi and Rudy and our shooters aren't hitting open shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted this the first year we had Aldridge tbh, some people just now realizing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op is correct, against the league elite, with or without Kawhi this kind of offensive plan does not work, but in the regular season...

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is bringing reasonable points. He's just being trolled too much this time around.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs aren't as good without Leonard as they are with him.

Hot take.
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight, you guys think with Timmy about to retire we shouldn't have gone after LMA? Is that the agreement, it was a mistake to sign him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight, you guys think with Timmy about to retire we shouldn't have gone after LMA? Is that the agreement, it was a mistake to sign him?
    Yes. Some posters didn't really like his game back then. And some also were concerned about his reputation as a diva.

I wanted to invest that money in LMA's teammate, Robin Lopez, and a second starer/rotation caliber player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Some posters didn't really like his game back then. And some also were concerned about his reputation as a diva.

I wanted to invest that money in LMA's teammate, Robin Lopez, and a second starer/rotation caliber player
    This is sarcasm right? Just without the blue font?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is sarcasm right? Just without the blue font?
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we win or lose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to complain about LMA who has carried the team to the 3 seed 2 games above the wolves with all of the injuries the team has had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to complain about LMA who has carried the team to the 3 seed 2 games above the wolves with all of the injuries the team has had.
    I agree, he's a nice regular season player.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With him barely being involved in the offense, tbh. And before you bring game 6 of the Rockets series, with the way Harden played that game we were never going to lose that game.

And regarding his defense, just above you:
    He was second on the team in usage. In what world is that "barely involved"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is dumb....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-up game is a sight for sore eyes for those who like old-school ball. It's an efficient game and I'd much rather Aldridge dance in the post than take long contested two-pointers. He has a good variance of post-up, drives, and pick n' pop shots. He's doing good, it's just that we're missing Kawhi and Rudy and our shooters aren't hitting open shots.
    Well, stats contradict your opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was second on the team in usage. In what world is that "barely involved"?
    I think it's obvious Aldridge was going to be second in usage. Who else if not him?

I'm saying that he wasn't a 1b to Kawhi's 1a like it will probably be this year. Last year LA was a second option more on the mold of Tony in 2003 behind Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    complaining about the personnel of a team that has no business being 3rd seed with all the injuries, and wanting Robin Lopez instead of LMA in hindsight. The moment brought to you by ST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    complaining about the personnel of a team that has no business being 3rd seed with all the injuries, and wanting Robin Lopez instead of LMA in hindsight. The moment brought to you by ST
    Spurs fans are so damn spoiled.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ve had an extremely easy schedule

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was a better passer there is a lot he could do out of the post beside the turnaround jumpshot. Problem is that he's not an intuitive passer and with his "inefficiency" you add the lack of creation for others and the TO (6 last game and in the playoffs it was bad too when he they loaded up on him and played passing lanes)...

Team needs some dynamism which they will only get with Kiwi and Rudy back... Ideally they need Dejounte to take a leap but he really started the season very raw, and has been improving... however offensively he's undeveloped and will take time.

I can't criticize Lamarcus though, he has been having a great season and if not for that, there is no way the Spurs are still in the playoff hunt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ve had an extremely easy schedule
    any of those indexes account for injuries?

people complaining about the Sixers game and the team playing like at home, only to realize SA has the best home record in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i cant believe the spurs didn't think to have a second MVP-caliber superstar on their team in case kawhi got hurt. Pop never thinks ahead, what an idiot

when our first option is out, we're stuck with a... second option? what a trash team! that's why the warriors are so smart. they have curry AND durant! pop should take notes

Thread Information