Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know why you made this thread you inbred re . So you can bump it when the team predictably gets eliminated in the first round and you can look like nostradumbass.

They'll get knocked out, but it won't be because of him.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just literally made a response to this comment explaining that these playoffs (if Kawhi is out) wouldn't prove anything related to the topic I was trying to make regarding the Spurs not being good enough to win the championship with Aldridge as a top option getting from 30 to 40 touches on the post. If Kawhi is out the Spurs aren't winning no matter what, so my theory would be impossible to prove. Once Kawhi comes back and if Aldridge keeps getting so many touches on the post, like I think he will, that will be the time to see if I was right or wrong.

But yet, after I explained all of this, you still post a comment saying "diz " like a ing idiot.
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-19-2018 at 11:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah son, it isn't about these playoffs. It isn't about LA playing well or bad either. It is about the team, when fully healthy, still not being good enough to go all the way if Aldridge is still getting around 30 to 40 touches per game on the post.
    Truth!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump after LaSharkus' monster games on the 6 game homestand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread was created after a LaSharkus' monster game on a win, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a gotdamn stud. Future HOF. Bow before his greatness, you ing whiny ass focks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wipityyyyyyy
    Team on a winning streak.
    All aboard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a gotdamn stud. Future HOF. Bow before his greatness, you ing whiny ass focks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, it's the only type of winning ball for the Spurs.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-22-2018 at 12:02 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is correct, assuming he means they could never contend with Aldridge as a focal point..I don't know why he's getting attacked for that, it seems like an obvious point, tbh..

I loved last year's version of Aldridge, I think he could be a legitimate 2nd guy on a le team if he played the same role(defensive anchor and complimentary piece)..unfortunately, he doesn't agree, as he demanded a trade

Good enough to be the best player on an early exit team(style of play easily shut down by a good defense in the playoffs), but not content with being a complimentary piece on a contender..maybe his mentality will change as he gets older..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is correct, assuming he means they could never contend with Aldridge as a focal point..I don't know why he's getting attacked for that, it seems like an obvious point, tbh..

I loved last year's version of Aldridge, I think he could be a legitimate 2nd guy on a le team if he played the same role(defensive anchor and complimentary piece)..unfortunately, he doesn't agree, as he demanded a trade

Good enough to be the best player on an early exit team(style of play easily shut down by a good defense in the playoffs), but not content with being a complimentary piece on a contender..maybe his mentality will change as he gets older..
    spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is wrong-headed. A thread like this would get blasted on any site. ST is probably the friendliest place for it, seeing as there are plenty of posters like you who have no problem ting on the team's players or downplaying anything good they do. Imagine how this would have done on the Spurs' Reddit.

The obvious point is a big part of why the thread has gotten so much . The idea that post-ups are inefficient is pretty old at this point. We've known for like a decade that you need perimeter guys to win games, that shooting and spacing were important, and that's it's easier to defend the post with numbers than it is anywhere else on the court. DAF came in here acting like he had a hot take and then was pretentious as about defending it. ("You just don't understand the modern NBA.")

It's like, no we get it. It's not new. It's just not an ironclad take. The Spurs aren't playing Aldridge-ball right now. They are just doing what they can to keep going. Giving LMA facilitators and shooters who understand how to get open for him when he's doubled and who can build chemistry with him to get those passes down in addition to a quality second option and a good bench is closer. Right now, Aldridge would kill for an option like pre-injury Wes Matthews, let along prime-Batum, McCollum or Lillard. The Blazers managed to play Aldridge-ball despite having good offensive players around him. Scoring wasn't their problem. Get 75 percent of that firepower to combine with the Spurs' D, and they could be a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The lack of 3Pt shot leaves a lot to be desired, but Aldridge has made some adjustment to his offensive game this season.

It is a shame the Spurs are going to wind up wasting perhaps the best of his late prime years..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mandatory bump after LMAlpha's career-high 45 points (over the true 2017 DPOY, nonetheless)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a beast inside in this league right now. When he's aggressive and gets position he's a tough cover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to be bumped I agree. And DAF is contractually obligated to most his CAPS LOCK defense quote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP may say that's on puropose, but this one of the most untimely threads i've seen on ST .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 is looking a lot like 21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. In a season where there is so much to criticize, and Aldridge is the lone bright spot and of course a hate thread for him has to pop in spurstalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. In a season where there is so much to criticizecriticize, A
    Drudge
    is the line bright spot and of course a hate thread for him has to pop in spurstalk.
    Gotta hate posting on a phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 is looking a lot like 21
    Not really

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta hate posting on a phone.
    It's a tablet, but still

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. In a season where there is so much to criticize, and Aldridge is the lone bright spot and of course a hate thread for him has to pop in spurstalk.
    Lol sure is. Lesson to be learnt hopefully

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah, but your reading comprehemnsion on the otherhand.

I love the effort he's putting up out there, and I love even more the nifty high-low game he has developed with Gasol, but posting up 30/40 times a game isn't the recipe for winning anymore. Specially not when your postup player loves to takes fadeaway jumpers most of the time and is bad at passing off double teams.

And I'm saying it now that he's playing well. I don't even want to imagine how it will be if he goes back to sucking.
    Hate thread?

Aldridge ball is not conducive to winning postseason basketball. Just ask Portland. But yeah, he's balling in the regular season and he should be proud of that because that's what he's done throughout his entire career. If there's one player on the team that doesn't want to see a Kawhi comeback though, it's balldridge. But explain to me how Aldridge makes his teammates better? And I don't mean by carrying their asses every single night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did his best to carry them past us in the postseason a few years ago. He gets such a bad rap.

Thread Information