Post Count
    wow

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tom Laundry didn't perfect the shotgun.

History[edit]

The shotgun evolved from the single wing and the similar double-wing spread; famed triple threat man Sammy Baugh has claimed that the shotgun was effectively the same as the version of the double-wing he ran at Texas Christian University in the 1930s.[2]
    In the latter part of the 1940s, the Philadelphia Eagles, under Hall of Fame Coach Earl "Greasy" Neale, implemented the shotgun formation in their offensive attack with quarterback Tommy Thompson.

The formation was named by the man who actually devised it, San Francisco 49ers coach Red Hickey, in 1960.[3] John Brodie was the first NFL shotgun quarterback, beating out former starter Y. A. tle largely because he was mobile enough to effectively run the formation.
    The New York Jets briefly experimented with the shotgun during the middle of the Joe Namath era to give the bad-kneed and often immobile quarterback more time to set up plays by placing him deeper in the backfield.

But the formation was not used on a regular basis until the 1975 season, and then only by the Dallas Cowboys, who used the shotgun frequently with Roger Staubach at quarterback. The Cowboy shotgun differed from the 49er shotgun as Staubach generally had a back next to him in the backfield (making runs possible), where Brodie was normally alone in the backfield.

Since no other NFL teams used the formation during this time, some believed it had been invented by Tom Landry. Instead, Landry simply dusted off the old innovation to address a pressing problem: keeping Staubach protected while an unusually young and inexperienced squad (12 rookies made the 1975 Cowboys roster) jelled. However, three years before Staubach ushered in the modern era of the shotgun to the NFL, Joe Theismann of the Toronto Argonauts regularly employed the formation north of the border in the CFL. [4] The Cowboys ended up in the Super Bowl that season, in no small part due to its new use of the old formation. The shotgun became a "signature" formation for the Cowboys, especially during third down situations.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What's with those sissy questions?

How about and this isn't all that hard.

What Hall of Fame QB was also a great punter?

Of course a trivia contest between just football fans, it's.....

Give me a Hall of Fame running back who only played JC ball?
    Last edited by Avante; 02-02-2018 at 01:58 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    sammy baugh

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    BINGO~~~~~~~~~

Obviously a whole other level of questions for just football fans.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    BINGO~~~~~~~~~

Obviously a whole other level of questions for just football fans.
    and that's not the purpose of jeopardy

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    and that's not the purpose of jeopardy
    No guy? Dude, are you always a jerk?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    No guy? Dude, are you always a jerk?
    Chirp Chirp.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Grown men post here ya little , ok? Stop being an immature little prick, ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Football questions.

How many future Hall of Famers played in the first Superbowl?

What NCAA school has had the most 1000 yard rushers in pro football?

Who was the first college QB to become a 1000 yard receiver in pro football?

What NFL QB was a champion javelin thrower in college?

The first pro team to have three receivers with over 1000 yards in a season?

Two college RB's who became HOF receivers?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Football questions.

How many future Hall of Famers played in the first Superbowl?

What NCAA school has had the most 1000 yard rushers in pro football?

Who was the first college QB to become a 1000 yard receiver in pro football?

What NFL QB was a champion javelin thrower in college?

The first pro team to have three receivers with over 1000 yards in a season?

Two college RB's who became HOF receivers?
    Cluck Cluck.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Come on Avante now you know nobody here can answer those questions, stop showing off, ok? Keep it simple, ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Just think I could beat everyone here on their teams trivia, hahahaha~~~~~~~

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Those nerds know more about football than Avante, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Those nerds know more about football than Avante, tbh.
    Dude, there is nobody anywhere I can't beat in football trivia, got it?

Who can talk Andy Livingston, "Famous" Amos Lawrence, Joe Don Looney, Hiawatha Francisco, Gizmo Williams, but....me?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Would love to see somebody try to hang with me, that would be funny.

The Tanawanda Kardex....is where I'm at with this stuff, so....good luck.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2018 at 02:07 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dude, there is nobody anywhere I can't beat in football trivia, got it?
    When you have your phone out frantically Googling the answers, I'm sure you are unbeatable in football trivia.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When you have your phone out frantically Googling the answers, I'm sure you are unbeatable in football trivia.
    Dude, you watch Russell Wilson get rave reviews, yet....he's struggle....hahaha~~~ You see me talk about cats you;'ve never even heard of, and it's...you Googled that....hahaha~~~ Dude, how would I know who to Google....well?

Why act like a ing idiot guy? I was born in 1949,ok half pint, I've seen a a lot of football, ok? Google is for dummies like you, got it?

Little man Google this....what college RB was a 26-2 long jumper (on USA team vs USSR) and is in the Pro Football HOF as a receiver? Who just thinks of a question like that, well?

Dude, there is nobody who can beat me in football trivia, this is why nobody ever tries. And, you have never really seen me totally unleash just where I can with this, I get nobody here knows historical stuff, so I keep it simple.....sorta.

Just a glimpse.....

The first 1000 yard rusher for your Chargers was Paul Lowe, he was a fantastic runner, and, a Cali state hurdles champion.

1 Paul Lowe Centennial S 19.2 180LH 1955
    2 Willie White Jefferson LA 19.3 180LH 1955****
    3 Leonard Kary San Diego SD 19.4 180LH 1955
    4 Walt Goodman Pierce N 19.4 180LH 1955
    5 Clark Thomas Manual Arts LA 19.7 180LH 1955
    6 Bert Washington Polytechnic LA 180LH 1955

Who just thinks of things like that?

Now ya need to chirp chirp or cluck cluck or some other stupid because you are totally over matched and should know this.

**** he ended up at Cal as a national caliber sprinter and is the father of ....who?

Why fight it ya little , embrace it and learn things.

It does bum me out that nobody has the balls to challenge me, would love to show off, ha~~~~~ How many years could I stay on a tv game show if all the questions were about football and ya stayed until ya missed one.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Post Count
    Was wondering how we got 17 posts itt when I saw it at index

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    A game show where experts in a field ask the audience a question pertaining to their expertise.

Football

1.Never played college ball but his name can be found in a stadiums ring of honor?

2.First black WR to have a 1000 yard season?

3.Only NFL RB to ever be world ranked at 100m?

4.Six NFLers who ran on WR 4x1 teams?

5.True or false....QB Willie Thrower....the first black to start an NFL game?

I was watching this one and couldn’t wait for them to get to the category but I knew that they were going to leave it till the end. It was crazy but of course they missed them all cuz nerds.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    A game show where experts in a field ask the audience a question pertaining to their expertise.

Football

1.Never played college ball but his name can be found in a stadiums ring of honor?

2.First black WR to have a 1000 yard season?

3.Only NFL RB to ever be world ranked at 100m?

4.Six NFLers who ran on WR 4x1 teams?

5.True or false....QB Willie Thrower....the first black to start an NFL game?
    translation: glad they didnt ask a question about acceleration... would have made me look foolish!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation: glad they didnt ask a question about acceleration... would have made me look foolish!
    This really does amaze me, do you honestly believe there is anyone who doesn't get what acceleration means? Really? REALLY?

Dude...

Reaction to the gun/strart.....now what happens, yep.....acccerate....UNTIL...a sprinter reaches his topend/max velocity.....then its sustain/maintain....then decellerate.

Pay attention....

Those able to maintain/sustain a higher % of their MV longer (meaning they dellcerate at a slower pace) are the ones who wins the races. Ok?

World clas sprinters reach MV at around 60/70m, then it's all about speed endurance.....ok? That is why 100/200m sprinters train at 300m, that SPEED ENDURANCE is the most important aspect of a 100/200m sprinters game. Yes, not so in a 40/60. There it's just start/accelerate.

I know....huh?
    Last edited by Avante; 02-06-2018 at 08:46 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you can always tell avante doesn't know something when instead of just answering the question, he just says "you really think i dont know?"

Thread Information