Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, try and sell some kid running a 20.00 anywhere, watch what happens.

Stupid, who in a courtroom can take out a gun walk right over and...BANG....now think moron, ok?

Pfft, guns get taken into court rooms all the time. I've seen the epic Brian Bosworth movie, Stone Cold. It's based on a true story.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pfft, guns get taken into court rooms all the time. I've seen the epic Brian Bosworth movie, Stone Cold. It's based on a true story.
    See......walk right over.....now think just a little bit, ok?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    See......walk right over.....now think just a little bit, ok?
    You've never seen Stone Cold I take it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I should have known better.

The law can have a gun, really.....so once the verdict of guilty comes down, the law takes out his gun walks over and.....BANG.

BUT...BUT....
    IF....that isn't going to happen then give dad some brass knuckles and let him..................

I know......huh?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You've never seen Stone Cold I take it.
    Wrong as usual, so who was the big guy in the biker fight?

As ya totally ignore what I said.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wrong as usual, so who was the big guy in the biker fight?

As ya totally ignore what I said.

I just told you, you twit, it's Brian Bosworth.

Trying to be subtle with your Googling

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A lot of things seem ok in a singular case, but it sets a dangerous precedent imo.

I mean what if 10 years later his kid gets fired, and he goes and beats the out of the boss... things like that. It's the mentality that's troubling.
    abducting and molesting does not = kid gets fired.

I can think of no better precedent then to allow relatives and/or friend(s) to pummel the out of beyond-a-doubt guilty abductor multiple molesters.
    Save taxpayer money of the whole dog n pony phony liarwyer show and courtroom waste.

In this case I don't know what Jeffrey Doucets heart motivation and background was. Perhaps he was super phucked up as a child.
    All the more reason it's perfectly fitting his life is now in Gods hands, where it belongs.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just told you, you twit, it's Brian Bosworth.

Trying to be subtle with your Googling
    Is this little for real?

Dude, in the movie Bosworth is in a big fight with this giant biker, remember? Who played that part?

Dude, remember Boz walking around in his....panties?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A lot of things seem ok in a singular case, but it sets a dangerous precedent imo.

I mean what if 10 years later his kid gets fired, and he goes and beats the out of the boss... things like that. It's the mentality that's troubling.
    Sure, I get what you're saying. But that's a huge difference. Kidnapping and raping a child is the most egregious and heinous of all crimes. Firing someone is legal and fairly common. Most people aren't going to overreact and beat the out of their former boss. Especially knowing that could cost them any future jobs. In this case, the dad must have felt like he had nothing to lose and was willing to suffer the consequences of per-meditated murder.

I didn't read anything about the case but possibly the defense argued diminished capacity. Which I think it perfectly understandable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Sure, I get what you're saying. But that's a huge difference. Kidnapping and raping a child is the most egregious and heinous of all crimes. Firing someone is legal and fairly common. Most people aren't going to overreact and beat the out of their former boss. Especially knowing that could cost them any future jobs. In this case, the dad must have felt like he had nothing to lose and was willing to suffer the consequences of per-meditated murder.

I didn't read anything about the case but possibly the defense argued diminished capacity. Which I think it perfectly understandable.
    thats the most dangerous type of person who SHOULD be locked up tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're applying my thoughts on this very specific case to all potential killers regardless of the cir stances.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You're applying my thoughts on this very specific case to all potential killers regardless of the cir stances.
    i think you have to set an objective standard across the board... if there's no consistency in courts you have chaos

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And yet the reasonable and good Judge agreed Gary Plauche was not a danger and should go free.
    Which he did. Crime free for 30 more years until he passed.
    Molester killed. Dad free.

No selfish pencil ed lawyers or beaurocrats were allowed to phuck this up.
    That's what makes this case so beautiful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    And yet the reasonable and good Judge agreed Gary Plauche was not a danger and should go free.
    Which he did. Crime free for 30 more years until he passed.
    Molester killed. Dad free.

No selfish pencil ed lawyers or beaurocrats were allowed to phuck this up.
    That's what makes this case so beautiful.
    there are a lot of of people who commit crimes, are sent to prison, and realistically would never have committed a crime again.

if you want to overhaul our corrective justice system, we can talk about that. making exceptions for premeditated murder is just not something i'd endorse

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i think you have to set an objective standard across the board... if there's no consistency in courts you have chaos
    Regardless, ends perfectly justifies the means here.

And in this case, there was psychological evaluation of the dad which helped his case.
    Dr. Edward P. Uzee examined the father and concluded that Plauche could not tell the difference between right and wrong when he shot Doucet.
    So the system worked for once.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Regardless, ends perfectly justifies the means here.

And in this case, there was psychological evaluation of the dad which helped his case.

So the system worked for once.
    if that was a momentary impulse that he acted on, i'd be more sympathetic to that claim. this was premeditated, he had to ask around to figure out where/when this guy would be in public so he can kill him

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if that was a momentary impulse that he acted on, i'd be more sympathetic to that claim. this was premeditated, he had to ask around to figure out where/when this guy would be in public so he can kill him
    per-meditation doesn't automatically rule out diminished capacity.
    After what happened to his kid, I have no doubt he was seriously ed up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    per-meditation doesn't automatically rule out diminished capacity.
    After what happened to his kid, I have no doubt he was seriously ed up.
    it doesnt rule it out, but it makes it a much more difficult burden as you have to show that this temporary state lasted that entire time...

no doubt the father suffered emotional trauma (let alone the kid), but that doesnt always equate to meeting that burden.

guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it doesnt rule it out, but it makes it a much more difficult burden as you have to show that this temporary state lasted that entire time...

no doubt the father suffered emotional trauma (let alone the kid), but that doesnt always equate to meeting that burden.

guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one tbh
    Guess so.

I will add that I don't think they would have found 12 people to convict him. He likely saved the state a lot of time and money. There's a good chance he would have got off with no punishment at all. 5 years probation and 300 hours is a major pain in the ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i don't get why we house pedophiles or anyone like murderers, rapists, etc that are without a doubt found to be guilty. just rid our society of these sick individuals already and stop wasting tax $ so they can breathe another breath.

in that court room they should've given the father a gun, or whatever weapon of his choosing, and let him bludgeon the out of nassar until he ceased to exist.

it's not justice letting that s bag exist among us or in prison on our dime.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, serious here (a rarity)

Child molestation and first degree murder need to come with a very specific penalty. Yes, we can give the convicted six months to see if something shows up to rescue them, if after six months things remain the same, yep...death. This is nation wide, not a state law.

Anyone harming a child or killing somebody (1st degree) have no business being here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok well at least there is closure on the fine for Dad. There will not be one.
    Was an absolute no brainer to all but pencil ed snowflake types, nonetheless the judge confirmed:

Eaton County Judge Janice Cunningham said there was "no way" she would fine him or send him to jail under her contempt-of-court powers.

"I don't know what it would be like to stand there as a father and know that three of your girls were injured physically and emotionally by somebody sitting in a courtroom. I can't imagine that," the judge said.
    Nonetheless, she added, it is "not acceptable that we combat assault with assault."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would have prosecuted him because that was clearly pre-meditated. It wasn’t some spur of the moment, irresistible impulse. At the very least that’s voluntary manslaughter and i don’t buy that he’s not a threat going forward, if he thins he can play god when he senses injustice.

The guy hadnt even faced trial yet (though there doesn’t seem to be any doubt regarding his guilt).
    Spoken like someone who just walked out of their parents' house, not a parent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That's one side. The other is that before someone kidnaps and sexually assaults a child the thought of being shot by a parent runs through their mind.

The concept of justice doesn't begin and end in a courtroom.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That's one side. The other is that before someone kidnaps and sexually assaults a child the thought of being shot by a parent runs through their mind.

The concept of justice doesn't begin and end in a courtroom.
    well there's the concept of justice and there's the justice system.

unless you have the eye of god at all times, the latter is the only consistent approach we can have

Thread Information