Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Lavar's Cabin

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i don't like him sending dms to players. it should be more professional but as always, i applaud lavar for his entrepreneurship and hope he can get JBA off the ground and be successful.
    this ... Lavar has big dreams and goals ...cant knock the hustle but he a habitual line stepper and gets in his own way ...

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    LMAO at those calling lavar an entrepreneur or saying gotta respect his hustle. No different than a 5 yr old coming up to you and asking you to give him money. GTFO with that bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaches are equal to professors at a university, that’s just stupid to suggest they not get paid salary even for arguments sake

I’m not arguing that players should be kept from branding and earning money while enrolled and playing but I imagine it has a lot to do with a universities inability to regulate what kind of reflection that hypothetical brand of their student has on the school.
    Why exactly is a scholarship not enough compensation???
    If it’s a one and done player a scholarship isn’t enough compensation because that kid isn’t going to be using the scholarship. It would make far more sense to pay him money. On top of that these players are generating millions of dollars of revenue while basically playing for free. Scholarship is nice for the 4 year player who has no chance of going pro, but for pro bound players it really doesn’t make sense. If you know you are pro bound you are never using that degree tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If it’s a one and done player a scholarship isn’t enough compensation because that kid isn’t going to be using the scholarship. It would make far more sense to pay him money. On top of that these players are generating millions of dollars of revenue while basically playing for free. Scholarship is nice for the 4 year player who has no chance of going pro, but for pro bound players it really doesn’t make sense. If you know you are pro bound you are never using that degree tbh
    That’s the motivation to stay the 4 years, players wanna take a gamble on themselves and try to make a pro career then more power to them. Hopefully they won’t ever need the college degree that they were offered for playing.

Where do you think the money goes that “these player generate”? It costs millions of dollars to run a program, fund team travel, arena, program staff, marketing. The program itself is almost entirely funded by the money the program generates. Y’all really don’t have any idea how any of this works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't like him sending dms to players. it should be more professional but as always, i applaud lavar for his entrepreneurship and hope he can get JBA off the ground and be successful.
    That's dumb. He's an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The day Lonzo tells this ass-hat he calls a Dad to piss off, is the day he has a shot at a decent pro career..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the Yanks a 16 year old kid out of HS to go and play pro ball overseas? He never finishes HS and even plays 1 minute in college, to play for some dog pro team overseas, and this ing idiot thinks that is going to impress pro scouts and get him drafted in the first round. Nobody is ever going to touch a Ball ever again anywhere in the NBA because of him. His boys can thank him for this..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s the motivation to stay the 4 years, players wanna take a gamble on themselves and try to make a pro career then more power to them. Hopefully they won’t ever need the college degree that they were offered for playing.

Where do you think the money goes that “these player generate”? It costs millions of dollars to run a program, fund team travel, arena, program staff, marketing. The program itself is almost entirely funded by the money the program generates. Y’all really don’t have any idea how any of this works.
    Your not really going to pretend schools don’t turn a huge profit on their basketball and football programs are you? Specifically big schools. ing Christ, talk about delusional. I’m done with this convo your clearly a lost cause

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavar is trying to build his own brand and using his kids to do it. He doesn't give two s about the normal way, he sees it as making everyone rich besides his own family. I get it, but someone who has a shot at a pro career cannot afford what Lavar is doing to them. Lavar doesn't understand the difference between "rich" and "wealthy". He's penny wise, pound foolish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t, really. Lots of consummate professionals, overrated or not, are overpaid for their services.
    but you're not ok with college athletes being overpaid for their services

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Guys like this were selling snake oil in the old times. Now they're celebs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavar is trying to build his own brand and using his kids to do it. He doesn't give two s about the normal way, he sees it as making everyone rich besides his own family. I get it, but someone who has a shot at a pro career cannot afford what Lavar is doing to them. Lavar doesn't understand the difference between "rich" and "wealthy". He's penny wise, pound foolish.
    thumbs up for the bold.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You know it's sad when people would rather play for free than get paid to play in the LaVar league.
    at LeGM James:

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lavar has 3 sons playing pro ball and will have 2 in the nba. i think he's doing alright.
    I see your back at it attempting to protect the brotha from the white man...lol. The guys a big mouth idiot and lucked out having one son in the NBA. I seriously doubt the other two are on anyone's draft radar and Lonzo might be out of the league in a few years unless he learns to shoot.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Your not really going to pretend schools don’t turn a huge profit on their basketball and football programs are you? Specifically big schools. ing Christ, talk about delusional. I’m done with this convo your clearly a lost cause
    Yeah they do, and why shouldn’t they? Where else does motivation come from to develop a winning program? Generate funds, excess funds, and generations of rabid fans and enrollees

Wow that was easy

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    but you're not ok with college athletes being overpaid for their services
    Uhh...yeah? Pro athletes get overpaid for their services. Body ha given a legitimate argument for why college athletes should get paid beyond free education

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    at LeGM James:

Boiled down:::LeGM won a ring. GM Kobe ran off Shaq, ran off MVPau, and destroyed the Lakers' franchise.

that shiiiiiiittttttttttt!!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Guys like this were selling snake oil in the old times. Now they're celebs
    And presidents

today's NBA
    today's USA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Boiled down:::LeGM won a ring. GM Kobe ran off Shaq, ran off MVPau, and destroyed the Lakers' franchise.

that shiiiiiiittttttttttt!!!!!
    ^ Maaaaaaaad

Kobe 5, LeGM 3

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    ^ Maaaaaaaad

Kobe 5, LeGM 3
    Still giving the credit for Shaq and MVPau's rings to a role player instead. Sad!

Whitlock said it best: "his narcissism and selfishness destroyed a franchise." And he wasn't referring to LeGOAT.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still giving the credit for Shaq and MVPau's rings to a role player instead. Sad!

Whitlock said it best: "his narcissism and selfishness destroyed a franchise." And he wasn't referring to LeGOAT.
    Trump Nation?

-1,500 points (per pound) for quoting WhaleLock!

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Trump Nation?

-1,500 points (per pound) for quoting WhaleLock!
    He was right about KobePERIOD

Whitlock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also who will watch this ?? No allegiance to a team. People typically root for a university due to being alumni or having some type of history with a program. Even if it’s just bring a fan. That alone Trumps Lavars idea. No name teams with scattered future stars. I can’t see it working.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you feel about NCAA coaches making 5+ million per year?
    At least in the NBA players and coaches are paid roughly proportionally to their impact on winning.

If the same was true of the NCAA and their coaches were still making big bucks it's all good. But coaches making millions and players not being allowed to get any (serious) cash is awful imo.

Thread Information