San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He clowning him on Twitter:

He is the clown, bro.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LaVar Ball and Junior Basketball Association striking out with elite HS players

Back in December when LaVar Ball announced that he was starting his Junior Basketball Association as an alternative to college basketball for elite high school players he said it would be "easy" to get said players to participate.

"Getting these players is going to be easy," Ball told ESPN. "This is giving guys a chance to get a jump-start on their career, to be seen by pro scouts, and we're going to pay them because someone has to pay these kids."

Ball said the league would be funded through the Big Baller Brand and that players could make anywhere from $3000-$10,000 monthly.

Still, even with the incentive of cash, Ball and his staff have learned that getting elite high school players to sign on will be anything but a cakewalk.

When we polled McDonald's All Americans last week in Atlanta most said they'd been contacted by reps from Big Baller Brand either in-person or through private messages on social media, but all were adamant that they wouldn't choose that route.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/lavar-ba...n-striking-out

LaVar Ball
    "Getting these players is going to be easy"
    Much like how the Lakers "won't be sneaking" and "are back in the hunt"
    "But, but, he's an entrepreneur! He's changing the game!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Pretty obvious choice for the kids. The issue isn't just the money (although I believe NCAA are crooks), it's that NCAA provides the coaching, structure and exposure necessary to allow HS players to take the next steps. HS players who are elite don't need to get paid $10K a month anyways, the schools pay them through "living expenses" and "scholarships".

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Basketball club BC Vytautas told 24 Sek's Donatas Urbonas that both LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are set to leave Lithuania next week, with two games remaining in the team's season. Their father LaVar confirmed this to Urbonas.

"We're not going to waste our time no more", LaVar is quoted as saying. "I just didn't get along with the coach," he added.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1534127

That's weird, Lakerfan insisted that LaVar's antics were all about helping his sons' careers. Yet here he is, costing his kids a chance to keep playing professionally because he didn't like the coach.

Just watch: he's going to try to get Walton fired next season when Lonzo's still a bust.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Basketball club BC Vytautas told 24 Sek's Donatas Urbonas that both LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are set to leave Lithuania next week, with two games remaining in the team's season. Their father LaVar confirmed this to Urbonas.

"We're not going to waste our time no more", LaVar is quoted as saying. "I just didn't get along with the coach," he added.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1534127

That's weird, Lakerfan insisted that LaVar's antics were all about helping his sons' careers. Yet here he is, costing his kids a chance to keep playing professionally because he didn't like the coach.

Just watch: he's going to try to get Walton fired next season when Lonzo's still a bust.
    Lonzo wont bust but if he did we aint choosing him over our coach ...while u stick with Austin and his dad ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lonzo wont bust but if he did we aint choosing him over our coach ...while u stick with Austin and his dad ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic is a bloviating attention but no way he's letting LaVar push the Flamers around.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    ...while u stick with Austin and his dad ...
    Doc gon leave to coach Spurs! I’m sure Pop haters will love that.

But maybe as a parting gift, Doc can persuade Ballmer to give Junior a four year, $88 million extension. Would make sense. He was better than Gallo last year and Gallo makes roughly $21 million per.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Doc gon leave to coach Spurs! I’m sure Pop haters will love that.

But maybe as a parting gift, Doc can persuade Ballmer to give Junior a four year, $88 million extension. Would make sense. He was better than Gallo last year and Gallo makes roughly $21 million per.
    If Doc's leaving, he'll probably make his new team trade for Austin. That way, they can both continue the delusion that Austin is an NBA-caliber player, and Austin doesn't have to deal with the embarrassment of being benched by a real coach.

The Gallo contract was GM Doc's parting "gift" before finally being demoted from the front office. I've never seen an executive get literally every decision wrong like Doc did. Even Isiah was at least pretty good at drafting.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La pulling the two minions from Lithuania due to fighting with the coach. The little squirly one ending at 26.8 FG% LMAO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really feel sorry for the kids. They appear to be jack asses, but his dad is really ing there futures up.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was a given that they were not good enough to play in lithuania

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really feel sorry for the kids. They appear to be jack asses, but his dad is really ing there futures up.....
    they had no potential to begin with, he's just providing them with solid pussy, that's all there is to it.

Perhaps they can do some dancing with the stars or something like that..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LiAngelo? is an adult now. Had an opportunity to theoretically get an education.
    LaMelo doesn't even get an effing GED ...His father focked him. Where does he go from now?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LiAngelo? is an adult now. Had an opportunity to theoretically get an education.
    LaMelo doesn't even get an effing GED ...His father focked him. Where does he go from now?
    son what are these s gonna do with GEDs tbh? in the us you're better off being a karadashin on tv than having an education. Lavar just living the american dream tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as the media keeps putting a mic in front of this jackass' face this is gonna keep up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

The delusion is just unbelievable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love this man

If Trump could get him as his wingman in 2020 the entire world will fall off their Burro

Thread Information