Page 47 of 115 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2871
    Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not for more money. Spurs had the BAE like the bucks, and less than that left from the mle.

Maybe Spurs could offer the second year but Lopez might have turned that down with bucks to get back on the market
    We couldn't have signed him for Kyle Anderson money, like $5M?

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as badly as we need a Top 3 draft pick, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the worst way.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone enlighten me as to what the story is with Milutinov? Is there any chance he comes over for this season? Has he given any indication he wants to come over?

Dude looks like he would be an asset as a pick and roll big with his size, hands and finishing around the rim.. reminds me a bit of Tiago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA

2h
    Three names that keep coming up with teams as players to watch in the next wave of free agency:
    LAC RFA Montrezl Harrell
    DET UFA James Ennis
    MIA UFA Wayne Ellington

Multiple teams told me they were stunned Ellington isn't signed yet. One said "I wish we had money left for him!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm....hmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signed two players, released two players.....

Thats it??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We couldn't have signed him for Kyle Anderson money, like $5M?
    Nope, not after Marco and Rudy Gay and Green opting in

They had the 8.7 MLE, which could be broken up (and was with Marco), the BAE (that Lopez got in Milwaukee) and ... Minimums

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone enlighten me as to what the story is with Milutinov? Is there any chance he comes over for this season? Has he given any indication he wants to come over?

Dude looks like he would be an asset as a pick and roll big with his size, hands and finishing around the rim.. reminds me a bit of Tiago.
    Chance yes, but I would think that he would have signed already.

He makes a nice salary, amount unknown, to start for Olympiakos. . He did sign with a new agency in April so a new contract might be desired for them to get their cut

He had a nebulous knee injury near the end of the season but it didn't keep him from appearing with the national team, and apparently surgery isn't necessary.

His buyout situation is easy, iirc it's only 900k and the Spurs can cover 700k of it

After the Marco deal they could only offer him maybe a 3/9 deal. That might not be enough to get him, but we'll find out in less than two weeks because his buyout window closes soon.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Chance yes, but I would think that he would have signed already.

He makes a nice salary, amount unknown, to start for Olympiakos. . He did sign with a new agency in April so a new contract might be desired for them to get their cut

He had a nebulous knee injury near the end of the season but it didn't keep him from appearing with the national team, and apparently surgery isn't necessary.

His buyout situation is easy, iirc it's only 900k and the Spurs can cover 700k of it

After the Marco deal they could only offer him maybe a 3/9 deal. That might not be enough to get him, but we'll find out in less than two weeks because his buyout window closes soon.
    What ever happened to Tony Parker's 23M cap hold? That money just disappeared when he signed with Charlotte?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What ever happened to Tony Parker's 23M cap hold? That money just disappeared when he signed with Charlotte?
    Basically, yes. They were over the cap last year after signing Mills and Pau, then they used MLE on Gay.

This year, sure, Parker's cap hold is off, but Green opted in and they signed Gay using non-bird rights plus the higher than usual salary for the draft pick because it was so high this year ... And basically everyone else got their typical 8% raises ...

No money left, not cap room anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To illustrate:

The cap is 101.869

LMA, Kawhi, Pau, Mills, Gay and Green are about 91 million total.

After Manu, Murray, White, Walker, and the cap hold for Bertans, cap hold for Forbes and Hilliard, plus the minimum for Brandon Paul, you can see how even dropping Parker didn't create any room.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    project spurs have a good video they just released on the current cap situation

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs salary situation looks like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs salary situation looks like
    It looks amazing what are you talking about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Booker signs extension

Shams Charania ShamsCharania

9m
    Sources: Devin Booker has signed a 5-year, $158M maximum contract extension with the Phoenix Suns.

Doling out that kind of money for a guy who doesn't win basketball games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks amazing what are you talking about
    Probably speaking from the perspective of someone who thinks the roster is really bad without the team having cap space to sign a "better" player this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doling out that kind of money for a guy who doesn't win basketball games.
    That's the downside to a max deal. Guys who can tie their sneakers feel en led to get it. It's just like in the NFL how ever FA who's at a Pro Bowl level has to be the new highest-paid at his position, even if he's not better than the other players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the downside to a max deal. Guys who can tie their sneakers feel en led to get it. It's just like in the NFL how ever FA who's at a Pro Bowl level has to be the new highest-paid at his position, even if he's not better than the other players.
    It just kills ty franchises. Booker is never going to win basketball games for Phoenix. They're not going to be in the playoffs for several years. I guess it sort of doesn't matter, but they're going to be paying this guy even more as the years go on and he's going to do jack .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grain of salt again

Source: Luc Mbah a Moute not a lock to return to Houston, has other offers on the table

According to a person close to the situation and with knowledge of negotiations, Houston isn’t giving Mbah a Moute the money and long-term security he desires, instead offering him near the same amount as the $2.1 million veteran’s minimum deal he signed for with Houston in the 2017-18 season. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to comment about Mbah a Moute.

According to the person, the San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Washington Wizards and Philadelphia 76ers have expressed interest, and at least two of these teams have presented offers to Mbah a Moute.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/201...s-free-agency/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just kills ty franchises. Booker is never going to win basketball games for Phoenix. They're not going to be in the playoffs for several years. I guess it sort of doesn't matter, but they're going to be paying this guy even more as the years go on and he's going to do jack .
    Their number one pick will help
    Their pick last year will be better
    They should be close to .500 this year
    Azria will help also

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Jabari Parker a restricted free agent? I like that the Spurs are showing interest in Mbah a Moute. He's a good defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have been a better signing than Belinelli..weakens Houston, gets one of the few defensive players in the league on Kyle's level to replace him..

Thread Information