Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens to Bryn's production and Demar's playmaking when White comes back? White needs to get acclimated obv, but it would be interesting to see if Forbes' will remain in the starting lineup while White takes the bench to give them a good PG or vice-versa. IDK if Walker will get regular season playing time other than garbage minutes, but considering his athleticism, high draft, and our lack of D, he might possibly maybe get halfway decent minutes. If he gets some OK minutes, where will Walker fit in? Cunningham, as ty as he is, has been fairly positive on D so far and Marco, even though is cold, still creates space and makes fantastic cuts. Mills is trash, but still very knowledgable and at least somewhat pesky (meh idk what else to say tbh lol). Is there a universe in which he starts over Marco or Dante at times?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens to Bryn's production and Demar's playmaking when White comes back? White needs to get acclimated obv, but it would be interesting to see if Forbes' will remain in the starting lineup while White takes the bench to give them a good PG or vice-versa. IDK if Walker will get regular season playing time other than garbage minutes, but considering his athleticism, high draft, and our lack of D, he might possibly maybe get halfway decent minutes. If he gets some OK minutes, where will Walker fit in? Cunningham, as ty as he is, has been fairly positive on D so far and Marco, even though is cold, still creates space and makes fantastic cuts. Mills is trash, but still very knowledgable and at least somewhat pesky (meh idk what else to say tbh lol). Is there a universe in which he starts over Marco or Dante at times?

demar will lose his MVP chances if that white get some of his minutes..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Bryn falls off a cliff or White immediately becomes the second coming of Jerry West, Forbes will continue to start and White will get a slow return to action. After a few weeks/couple of months Pop will be able to properly assess who works better with the starting unit/second unit and so forth. I think the real question is how much playing time will Patty relinquish?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully 50 mills fat ass gets stuck to the end of the bench and the young guns get his minutes. I don’t care how awful they are, can’t be worse that paddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens when they come back? Finals baby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk. Can James White still dunk?

Samaki seems real old and been outta league for ages.

Odd question, OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why in the world would white come off the bench for forbes??? white has a MUCH higher ceiling and better defense...he s better than bryn in almost every aspect of the game...so we are gonna stunt our promising players growth because bryn had a good game? gtfoh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why in the world would white come off the bench for forbes??? white has a MUCH higher ceiling and better defense...he s better than bryn in almost every aspect of the game...so we are gonna stunt our promising players growth because bryn had a good game? gtfoh...
    Good game?

He's been leaps and bounds better this year. He's even getting some praise from NBA folks outside the organization as the next Pop "find."

Pathetic take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One's a rookie, the other a second year. They'll bolster a bad bench and slowly learn the system and how to play in the league while Forbes remains the starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could actually see Forbes staying a starter while White also gets inserted into the starting lineup as well.

Starting lineup- Forbes, White, DDR, Gay, Aldridge

Bench Unit- Mills, Belinelli, Cunningham, Bertans, Gasol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Bryn falls off a cliff or White immediately becomes the second coming of Jerry West, Forbes will continue to start and White will get a slow return to action. After a few weeks/couple of months Pop will be able to properly assess who works better with the starting unit/second unit and so forth. I think the real question is how much playing time will Patty relinquish?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is the best player among them, so I hope he gets every possible minute

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G-League to assess an slowly bring back Walker to big leagues then practices with the SA Spurs to see how well he has been picking up the schemes an his overall chemistry with the second unit.

White will get a slow burn when he comes back as I see the spurs being cautious about reaggravating his injury an to get him back to nba speed then at the same time watching him with the starting unit an second unit an determine the best rotations.

If white just is showing a net negative probably gets time in the G-League to further his development

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing happens. They're both G league players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is the best player among them, so I hope he gets every possible minute
    he will get a lot of minutes....in Austin

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rich get richer man! Whatchu worryin’ fa?

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could actually see Forbes staying a starter while White also gets inserted into the starting lineup as well.

Before the start of the season, I’d of puked at the thought of that starting lineup. But now, it kinda has a ring to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think Walker had the chance to get significant minutes as a rookie but his injury killed my hopes ... Austin it is for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

An eventual possibility. It probably would not last long - from ASG to season’s end. Murray will be back next season.
    Last edited by sasaint; 11-02-2018 at 08:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team and Pop have been saying in interviews that Forbes is not a point guard. He will slide back into the bench as a 6th man guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick whites i would think eat into both Forbes & Patty Mills minutes Forbes is no point guard and is not a great ball handler when asked to bring the ball up the floor he struggles a bit and his over the head lob passes into the post a 'hold ur breath' kind of thing. Bryan is a Shooter @ 2 guard, that where he excels.. White is a rookie only expect him to get garbage time minutes for most of the season when he comes back. And then in Yr 2 expect him to make a much bigger role on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick whites i would think eat into both Forbes & Patty Mills minutes Forbes is no point guard and is not a great ball handler when asked to bring the ball up the floor he struggles a bit and his over the head lob passes into the post a 'hold ur breath' kind of thing. Bryan is a Shooter @ 2 guard, that where he excels.. White is a rookie only expect him to get garbage time minutes for most of the season when he comes back. And then in Yr 2 expect him to make a much bigger role on the team.
    White is not a rookie. He only seems like one because Pop kept him in Austin last season and gave him the least burn in SA of any recent rookie.

Hopefully he takes a few of DeMar’s minutes, too. I fear we are riding him too hard to keep up a whole season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is not a rookie. He only seems like one because Pop kept him in Austin last season and gave him the least burn in SA of any recent rookie.

Hopefully he takes a few of DeMar’s minutes, too. I fear we are riding him too hard to keep up a whole season.
    maybe 36 minutes per game for demar is good..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe 36 minutes per game for demar is good..
    If we had other horses, I would like it down around 33. But this injury-riddled season you are probably right about his optimal target.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under a good coach that would leave Fatty Mills on the bench permanently.

Thread Information