My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dez Bryant being released today.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lot of dead money but hopefully it's post june 1.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dez Bryant being released today.
    Hearing 49ers or Redskins, possibly Jaguars.

The PHI/NE/LAR rumors are just noise. No way any of those could or would want to afford him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lot of dead money but hopefully it's post june 1.
    Nope. He was cut standard, so all of the dead money will be 2018. Probably for the best because now they can keep everyone else long term (Lawrence, Martin, Irving etc) and maybe acquire someone else.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm sick

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why? He was arguably the game's best receiver (or at least in that discussion, maybe second behind Megatron) from 2012-2014, then just fell off a cliff after breaking his foot in the first game of 2015 and has never been the same. It's not about what you've done in the past, it's about what you've done lately and what can you do in the near future.

He's been the most overpaid WR in the league up until today and it was the right move.

Post Count
    Why? He was arguably the game's best receiver (or at least in that discussion, maybe second behind Megatron) from 2012-2014, then just fell off a cliff after breaking his foot in the first game of 2015 and has never been the same. It's not about what you've done in the past, it's about what you've done lately and what can you do in the near future.

He's been the most overpaid WR in the league up until today and it was the right move.
    well said.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    He's coming to DC

Dez, Doctson, Richardson, Crowder and Reed. Alex Smith is going to have too many weapons.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Same bro. I'm sad.

It's a bull move that lets Garrett and Linehan have a scapegoat. Next year it will be Dak.

I hate this front office. Now we're forced to take a WR in the first two rounds and further neglect the defense.

I just wish as Dez was walking out Jerry would have yelled "next!" and Jason Witten would have entered the room.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nope. He was cut standard, so all of the dead money will be 2018. Probably for the best because now they can keep everyone else long term (Lawrence, Martin, Irving etc) and maybe acquire someone else.
    Please explain how they are better off without Dez? Hurns, Williams, Beasley, and Witten. If moving to the check down offense like last year is the plan, then this is the group of guys you want. And please don't say Calvin Ridley either. No rookie receiver in this draft class will benefit this team. This is one of the stupidest moves they have made outside of cutting Romo.

The WR position is a total weakness that has only gotten worse now. Rather than commit resources to finally fixing the defense, they are now going to have to fill a hole at WR for a QB that likely won't be able to maximize his ability. Not to mention that any rookie WR isn't going to be a #1 option. Just a bad move. After this year? Wouldn't have a problem with it. This year? The move makes no sense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Same bro. I'm sad.

It's a bull move that lets Garrett and Linehan have a scapegoat. Next year it will be Dak.

I hate this front office. Now we're forced to take a WR in the first two rounds and further neglect the defense.

I just wish as Dez was walking out Jerry would have yelled "next!" and Jason Witten would have entered the room.
    Yup, take t-rex Williams too. I hope Dez balls out wherever he goes. Jerry and Jason.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Please explain how they are better off without Dez? Hurns, Williams, Beasley, and Witten. If moving to the check down offense like last year is the plan, then this is the group of guys you want. And please don't say Calvin Ridley either. No rookie receiver in this draft class will benefit this team. This is one of the stupidest moves they have made outside of cutting Romo.

The WR position is a total weakness that has only gotten worse now. Rather than commit resources to finally fixing the defense, they are now going to have to fill a hole at WR for a QB that likely won't be able to maximize his ability. Not to mention that any rookie WR isn't going to be a #1 option. Just a bad move. After this year? Wouldn't have a problem with it. This year? The move makes no sense.
    Check down offense is the right option when Prescott is your QB. He excels at the short and intermediate throws. And the Cowboys have arguably the best running game in the league when everyone is healthy and not suspended. No, I would NOT draft Ridley, waste of resources. I think Ridley profiles best as a slot receiver anyways.

Draft the best safety, LB or DT available.....

Fitzpatrick
    Smith
    James
    Vea
    Payne

In that order, draft the highest available that is left over at 19

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Same bro. I'm sad.

Witten will be the starting tight end until he's 49 and runs an 8-second 40 yard dash

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

If they use the money right to extend some people, I am fine with it. i don't want this Martin extension to take forever.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    should have offered him 3 more years at $15M per.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If they use the money right to extend some people, I am fine with it. i don't want this Martin extension to take forever.
    D Lawrence
    Z Martin
    D Irving

Lock these three up long term NOW before the price goes up even further.

I'm okay with this Bryant move if I'm a Dallas fan. You build your roster from the inside out, the trenches outward, not the other way around. Diva WRs are cancer. You dominate the trenches on both sides of the ball, build a young secondary and if an elite, non-diva WR like Alshon Jeffery (getting Ajayi for cheap didn't hurt either) falls into your lap, boom, you win a Super Bowl.

You know why the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl in 20+ years and didn't even reach the NFCCG in the Romo era? Because the Joneses always had to stack the roster with glam receivers, other has-been skill players and the hottest used-up big name corner on the market. The lack of a decent O-line in the 2000s and early 2010s shortened Romo's career, and the lack of a solid D-line meant always giving up big plays when they needed a stop in the worst way.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    You can't be a distraction when your skill-set is rapidly declining...simple as that

The myth that Dez Bryant can't run routes/Can't get open has been debunked. His production has fell of course, but it erringly coincides with the Departure of Tony Romo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    David Irving is expected to sign his restricted free agent tender today after the first workouts of the Cowboys' offseason program. Irving, who had seven sacks in eight games last season, will make $2.91 million.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jason Witten retired to join MNF. He saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Cowboys who ended up in the booth/TV job.

Don Meredith
    Don Perkins
    Troy Aikman
    Michael Trvin
    Deion Sanders
    Tony Romo
    Jason Witten?

Emmitt flopped.

Who did I miss?

Cowboys who ended up in the booth/TV job.

Don Meredith
    Don Perkins
    Troy Aikman
    Michael Trvin
    Deion Sanders
    Tony Romo
    Jason Witten?

Emmitt flopped.

Who did I miss?
    Moose Johnston
    Darren Woodson?
    Jimmy Johnson?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Ingram suspended first 4 games of season for PEDs. Great start to the season! Well that explains his improvement last year.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Ingram suspended first 4 games of season for PEDs. Great start to the season! Well that explains his improvement last year.
    More touches for Kamara!!

Thread Information