Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    getting this one warmed up.

raiders cut david amerson, he's already meeting with the bears (while free agency isn't open yet, iirc players who are cut during this period can also be signed during this period).

some beat writers expecting something of an overhaul for the raiders. will likely cut some receivers including crabtree, and if they feel confident they can retain TJ Carrie, will likely cut Sean Smith too

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Amerson and Carrie are both bad, Smith is just a slow over the hill press corner who was never fast but decent at guarding possession receivers but that's it.

they need to build their secondary around Conley, Joseph, and the corner they draft early this april... oh yeah, and they need better linebackers and DTs

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Carrie had a solid season but he's a slot guy, so they still need somebody starting across conley (who is an injury concern). the lack of depth may force them to keep smith, but who knows

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Hopefully we can re-sign Trumaine and Brockers. Though, the Donald contract issue needs to be resolved before any of the other dominoes fall in to place. I think R. Quinn is gone though.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I just want the Patriots to get linebackers who can make a ing tackle.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I just want the Patriots to get linebackers who can make a ing tackle.
    What happened to Hightower? Was he on IR for the Super Bowl?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What happened to Hightower? Was he on IR for the Super Bowl?
    IR the whole year

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    All the DBs and Olineman pls

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Andrew Norwell would be nice.
    Allen Robinson, Josh Gordon or Jarvis Landry as well.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Jimmy Garoppolo given 5 years, 137.5 mil (27.5 average), with 74 mil guaranteed

biggest contract in NFL history (which is the market rate for just about every QB contract). wonder how much kirk cousins will fetch

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not a fan of paying guys the huge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ who really haven't proven they warrant it. YES.....Jimmy G looks like he has....IT. And I really hope he does.

Being a Niner fan I expect a quality QB.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jimmy G. has 272 career attempts and just got $74 million guaranteed.

The Brock Lobster had 275 career attempts when he left Denver and got $72 million.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ^Same thing came to my mind. At least Houston got out of Assweiler's deal mostly unscathed with a potential franchise QB in place

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    except osweiler didn't even look good and was benched after starting a few games

jimmy g has been coveted for some time and played well with opportunities

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    AJ McCarron won his grievance, is now an unrestricted free agent

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    "Legal Tampering" period begins March 12.

Free Agents can be signed March 14

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So what happens if, several more cap-strapped QB needy teams (like the Broncos, Bills or Cardinals) pitch to Cousins at five or six years at $27-30 mil apiece, but the Browns counter with six at... $40 million per year? 80% of it fully guaranteed? Does he take it and embrace the losing?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So what happens if, several more cap-strapped QB needy teams (like the Broncos, Bills or Cardinals) pitch to Cousins at five or six years at $27-30 mil apiece, but the Browns counter with six at... $40 million per year? 80% of it fully guaranteed? Does he take it and embrace the losing?
    i would consider it if i were him. i think a rookie QB playing for cleveland will inevitably be a dumpster fire. i do think a guy like Cousins who knows how to play can survive.

- Hue Jackson for all his flaws is a good offensive mind.
    - He'll still have Joe Thomas protecting his blind side.
    - Josh Gordon should be much better next year, having already been back for some time, gotten back into game shape, will be able to go through a full training camp/preseason...
    - Corey Coleman won't be leaned on as much as has another crack at having a healthy season

and if they get cousins, they won't feel pressured to draft a QB #1, which will allow them to trade the #1 pick to another QB-needy team, and still have the #4 pick to take Saquon Barkley. An offense with Cousins/Gordon/Coleman and Barkley does have some potential. Njoku will probably benefit quite a bit, too

As it stands right now, they not only have the #1 and #4 picks, but they have the 1st, 3rd, AND last picks of the 2nd round. If they deal the #1 overall pick to the Broncos/Jets/Cardinals they can still have 2 first round pics, but get another 2nd this year and at least another future first. They can use all those assets to build their defense around Garrett who looked really good as a rookie.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i would consider it if i were him. i think a rookie QB playing for cleveland will inevitably be a dumpster fire. i do think a guy like Cousins who knows how to play can survive.

- Hue Jackson for all his flaws is a good offensive mind.
    - He'll still have Joe Thomas protecting his blind side.
    - Josh Gordon should be much better next year, having already been back for some time, gotten back into game shape, will be able to go through a full training camp/preseason...
    - Corey Coleman won't be leaned on as much as has another crack at having a healthy season

and if they get cousins, they won't feel pressured to draft a QB #1, which will allow them to trade the #1 pick to another QB-needy team, and still have the #4 pick to take Saquon Barkley. An offense with Cousins/Gordon/Coleman and Barkley does have some potential. Njoku will probably benefit quite a bit, too

As it stands right now, they not only have the #1 and #4 picks, but they have the 1st, 3rd, AND last picks of the 2nd round. If they deal the #1 overall pick to the Broncos/Jets/Cardinals they can still have 2 first round pics, but get another 2nd this year and at least another future first. They can use all those assets to build their defense around Garrett who looked really good as a rookie.
    So, basically the 76ers of the NFL strategy. I like where your post is headed, not sure if that franchise just isn't cursed to lose no matter how much talent they have honestly.

I say that as they have looked better than a good chunk of teams on paper for awhile now even without a franchise QB (everyone thought the Jets were going to be the 0-16 team last year, not Cleveland). They always just seem to make a laughably bad play at the most inopportune time, where it's a Coleman drop-a-gimme on 4th down, a dreadful Kizer lob pass into the shallow middle in overtime, or a completely blown coverage against the fastest receiver on the other team.

Barkley behind that offensive line would be interesting, but they could definitely stand to improve the line after Thomas & Zeitler. Tretter was never very good in GB or otherwise. Not a big Hue Jackson fan, his gimmicky offense in Cincy worked because they had a stacked line and receiving corps back then, and even then that team always folded in the playoffs. Now they're gone and Andy Dalton is a pumpkin, hmm, how much of that was Jackson or the departure of guys like Whitworth, Zeitler, Sanu and Marvin Jones (and Eifert is never healthy anymore)? If Gordon really is off the weed for good that is a real plus, he was a monster in the short lived Jason Campbell era. Njoku is interesting but can't block. Do they brink back Ike Crowell if they draft Barkley, or do they let him walk and roll with Duke Johnson at their 3DRB?

lots of questions, hoping they'll win at least a couple games next year for the franchise's sake, wouldn't count on it though. AFC North plays the stacked NFC South next year. They also face the AFC West which looks pretty weak for the first time in awhile, though. Maybe the Browns can beat Cincy and finally oust Marvin Lewis for good.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    holy

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ^Same thing came to my mind. At least Houston got out of Assweiler's deal mostly unscathed with a potential franchise QB in place
    so about 20M in cap space and a 2rd + 6rd picks (for a 4th rd compensatory) is unscathed?

... sure if your criteria is how many picks NE got stolen by the league..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Chiefs trading Marcus Peters to the Rams

Means the Rams will be letting Trumaine Johnson walk just a season after franchise tagging him and letting Janoris Jenkins walk

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jenkins was always by far the better corner anyway, Johnson is just a bit above average.

Pretty darn good defense they had when they also had Rodney McLeod and Darian Stewart, and Chris Long and Robert Quinn in their primes. Always fought hard in the division, stole division games even though they'd consistently finish 7-9 and in last place. If only they had a better offensive coach than Jeff Fisher.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    team friendly deal for a guy who had a decent season and showed up big in the NFC le game... in a season where his top receivers were out and the run game faded in the playoffs.

they can still draft a qb in the first if they want an insurance policy

Thread Information