Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Got a review on some liberal media sites but I thought it was pretty decent, other than the fact that no one had a ing clue what was going on down on Earth.

It was definitely easier to watch than that ty Will Smith movie.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's getting terrible reviews by the "critics" because they dont like how Netflix is getting good at the movie making business. And they hate direct to digital releases.

I thought this movie was really good. Looking back at the 3 movies, it really seems like each one takes place in 3 different universes.

There are some interesting theories out there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's getting terrible reviews by the "critics" because they dont like how Netflix is getting good at the movie making business. And they hate direct to digital releases.

I thought this movie was really good. Looking back at the 3 movies, it really seems like each one takes place in 3 different universes.

Bit of "Fringe" feel to it but I loved that show and concept so I'm cool with it. Anything that parallels universes and does that entanglement has my attention. This one could have been a series, I thought.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was really stupid i thought. Especially the arm writing by itself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was really stupid i thought. Especially the arm writing by itself.
    I had to suspend disbelief and rationalize that it was not "his" arm, because he lost his, but the arm of the alternate universe guy.

I still can't wrap my head around that one.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Got a review on some liberal media sites but I thought it was pretty decent, other than the fact that no one had a ing clue what was going on down on Earth.

It was definitely easier to watch than that ty Will Smith movie.
    That one with him as a cop with the inferior species partner used as a thinly vieled disguise as commentary about racial inequality today? If so, that movie really did suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That one with him as a cop with the inferior species partner used as a thinly vieled disguise as commentary about racial inequality today? If so, that movie really did suck.
    I gave it a go but it was stupid. Didn't even finish it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I gave it a go but it was stupid. Didn't even finish it.
    Same here. We gave it the honor of the movie to watch while we made Christmas dinner and got 45 minutes thru it before opting for stupid cat vids on YouTube instead.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Great Netflix films have gotten great reviews. Terrible Netflix films get terrible reviews. There’s not some conspiracy here.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great Netflix films have gotten great reviews. Terrible Netflix films get terrible reviews. There’s not some conspiracy here.
    Which one has gotten good reviews?

I think Bright was one of their best. And now this one is also pretty decent.

You can see it through the user reviews. When you compare the expert critics with user reviews, you usually see a huge difference.

Most experts get paid to on movies despite the quality of it.

User and experts scores for Bright on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/bright
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bright

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

You can see it through the user reviews. When you compare the expert critics with user reviews, you usually see a huge difference.

Beasts Of No Nation, Okja, Gerald’s Game, there’s a ton of acclaimed Netflix movies. Plus a lot of Netflix movies get reviews because they will just buy up a lot of bad movies that the film producers know won’t make a profit in theaters. I haven’t seen Bright so I can’t judge it, although I hate Will Smith and the director so it’s probably not something I’ll enjoy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't see how there would be a liberal agenda to trash this one since on Twitter all the lib s I follow were preemptively praising this as soon as it was announced for having a black female lead and a diverse cast. Then they got silent when everyone watched it and realized it was silly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked it but it was cheesy and I am pretty forgiving on sci fi movies since maybe that's my favorite genre along with horror.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I got to the "killing the fairy" part before I watched something else. It was like "hey I'm Will Smith, I can make anything successful". Reminded me of the Nick Cage movies he mass produced later in his career when he got into financial turmoil.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I think the disparity is due to "free movie" vs "another movie". I'd bet Golden Corral gets decent reviews from people who frequent it, but not from food critics.

Bright lost me from the start. If you watched it because anything Will Smith is "great", then you had your mind made up already. Honestly since I didn't see the entire movie, not even more than about 15 minutes tbh, I can't say it's horrible but it starts off horrible with cardboard acting and "been there, done that" feel with Smith. The "oppressed because they are different" theme was thick even early on. I get that Hollywood has to toe that line, but trying to weave ethics lessons into entertainment often spells disaster, especially worn out "think like this" attempts. You see it today in so many films. You just know if there's a hot girl in a lead role, she's going to have a lesbian encounter. She's going to have a friend who's full blown lesbo, and have an interracial relationship. I don't care about any of that individually, but it's become almost a staple in modern films. Even the Brad Pitt movie "Allies" had a sexual relationship, openly lesbian... that would never have been tolerated in that time.

This kind of morality funneling is annoying. It's like watching Sesame Street for adults. It s up otherwise decent films.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think the disparity is due to "free movie" vs "another movie". I'd bet Golden Corral gets decent reviews from people who frequent it, but not from food critics.

Bright lost me from the start. If you watched it because anything Will Smith is "great", then you had your mind made up already. Honestly since I didn't see the entire movie, not even more than about 15 minutes tbh, I can't say it's horrible but it starts off horrible with cardboard acting and "been there, done that" feel with Smith. The "oppressed because they are different" theme was thick even early on. I get that Hollywood has to toe that line, but trying to weave ethics lessons into entertainment often spells disaster, especially worn out "think like this" attempts. You see it today in so many films. You just know if there's a hot girl in a lead role, she's going to have a lesbian encounter. She's going to have a friend who's full blown lesbo, and have an interracial relationship. I don't care about any of that individually, but it's become almost a staple in modern films. Even the Brad Pitt movie "Allies" had a sexual relationship, openly lesbian... that would never have been tolerated in that time.

This kind of morality funneling is annoying. It's like watching Sesame Street for adults. It s up otherwise decent films.
    But these are movies you need, you just don't know it.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Mudbound is Netflix and was nominated for multiple Oscars, just as many Prime creations have been.

Haven’t seen this yet, but I’m definitely going to view with tempered expectations.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn’t like it after loving Cloverfield 2, but I appreciate people trying to make original sci-fi.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mudbound is Netflix and was nominated for multiple Oscars, just as many Prime creations have been.

Haven’t seen this yet, but I’m definitely going to view with tempered expectations.
    It's a pretty good movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a pretty good movie.
    Am I gonna be assaulted with a liberal agenda if i try to watch it?

keep in mind i have a real huge one of these conservative white guy persecution complexes so i see the agendas attacking me everywhere

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Am I gonna be assaulted with a liberal agenda if i try to watch it?

keep in mind i have a real huge one of these conservative white guy persecution complexes so i see the agendas attacking me everywhere
    Well...it's got black people in it. Tell me this...what rating did you give Black Panther?

We can figure it out from there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i thought cloverfield 1 was solid but haven't seen any past that. are they worthwhile?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i thought cloverfield 1 was solid but haven't seen any past that. are they worthwhile?
    The second one (with John Goodman) was pretty good. I haven't seen the first one or this new Netflix thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i tried watching paradox but was way too boring to finish.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i tried watching paradox but was way too boring to finish.
    it wasn't horrible but lsd is much much better.

Thread Information