Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, maybe not due to their being a logjam of guards. That's what I was wondering about Hill. You think the Spurs would have went after him with all the PGs already on the team?
    Probably. I think they would have had to. When all healthy, 50 million dollar Mills would have been moved from 11th man to 12th man.

LA - Kyle - Kawhi - Green - Murray

Pau - Bertans - Gay - Manu - Hill

or

Pau - Gay - Manu - Hill - Tony

Bertans/Tony - Patty - Forbes as insurance.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 02-09-2018 at 09:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even right now, with Kawhi and Rudy out, I don't see where he gets a consistent role.

With everyone healthy, Marco would be like the 13th man.

He's kind of pointless.
    I don't trust Rudy to be healthy. Nor do I trust Forbes, thus the move to sign a proven champion who knows the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another year of buyout table scraps because PATFO are "so smart".
    Won a ring with boris diaw starting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't trust Rudy to be healthy. Nor do I trust Forbes, thus the move to sign a proven champion who knows the system.
    Even if Rudy isn't healthy, are you benching Manu or Kyle to play Marco?

I don't think so.

Marco isn't necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco can come off the bench with Manu. Kyle play the 4.. bench Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shiiiit Pop would have this lineup
    Tony
    Ginobili
    Marco
    Anderson
    Bertans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince Carter might be bought out. Over 40 years old? Check!
    Pop: R.C, get Vince Carter now! Make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He used to be a good reporter before the virgin in Jeff McDonald started rubbing off on him. I don't think there's a team with local beat writers as useless as ours. Even Mike Monroe who many of those clowns respect is a ing dip .
    By design. They are no more than Pop's mouthpieces. (Take that any way you like.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I met Bobo in the gym last week. He's already getting into Playoff shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If George Hill didn't get traded and was bought out, do you guys think the FO would have went after him? He was my top choice.

I wouldn't mind Marco if he's bought out. Not sure about anyone else. Diaw, if it's to get rid of Joffery, I would take him back straight away.
    Yeah, I was hoping we would be able to bring George back, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince Carter might be bought out. Over 40 years old? Check!
    Pop: R.C, get Vince Carter now! Make it happen.
    I bet Vince would love to spend his last season in the NBA playing with a roster as full of old guys as the Spurs and get to the playoffs one last time. I can see this!

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shiiiit Pop would have this lineup
    Tony
    Ginobili
    Marco
    Anderson
    Bertans
    4th quarter starting lineup in a Playoff game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA isn't going to play exclusively center. He forces teams to play big, since pretty much no power-forwards can guard him. So you won't see a lot of Draymond or Anderson at the five when Aldridge is out there unless there are injuries like the one to Nene last year. With a team using a legit center, the Spurs will have a guy for Pau to guard. Gasol is going to get his minutes, especially if he plays well. He's damned sure going to get more than the least playable of Kyle, Gay or Davis if he doesn't suck. Pop's going to want to protect LMA from the physical pounding of playing the five as much as he can.

Patty's a different story. With Murray starting, he's only playable in niche lineups. Unless Pop has an entirely new way of playing defense hidden up his sleeve, you really don't want either of Parker or Mills against GS' second unit. Having both seems bonkers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Afflalo is another buyout candidate.

Don't see any buy out candidate good enough to break the condensed playoff 10 man rotation.

Looks like Pop is rightfully going to utilize the 4 spot to Kyle, Gay, and Bertans with Gasol playing the 5 off the bench.

Come playoff time, especially if Spurs face OKC in the 1st round, LA will likely see 35-40 minutes at the 5 spot -- leaving very little for Gasol. Against OKC, HOU, and GS -- Spurs should be allocating all, or most, of the minutes at the 4 to Kyle, Gay, Bertans, Kawhi.

The 98 million dollar men from last summer will have very limited roles when it matters most. Amazing way to allocate 30% of the payroll the next 2-4 yrs, Spurs. And if Kawhi signs Super max, then Patty will account for 30% of the remaining salary by himself.
    Yeah and supposedly Mavericks don't intend to buy out Noel. Wright would be nice, but with Murray now starting in supposed perpetuity, if/when healthy, there's already 10 rotation locks.

If/when healthy, starting Anderson alongside Murray makes no sense. Two virtual non shooters mostly playing off ball roles, is untenable. Starting Gay makes a lot more sense. Would provide Leonard and Aldridge more space and let's face it, that unit is going to be ISO based either way, so they might as well go all in on it.

The opposite is true of the bench. They're going to be motion based either way, so they might as well go all in on it and see if they can produce shades of the beautiful game.

Gay/Anderson/Bertans
    Leonard/Ginobili/Paul
    Aldridge/Gasol/Lauvergne
    Green/Mills/Forbes
    Murray/Parker/White

Minutes wise, Gasol and Ginobili function as third big and wing respectively of course, which means the former essentially splits minutes with Gay, while the latter continues on in his long time role of roughly 20 mpg backing up Green.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not a buyout guy but Terrence Jones could be another option if Gay is not ready to go after the break.
    Last edited by jyra; 02-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferrari is being bought out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I met Bobo in the gym last week. He's already getting into Playoff shape.
    BOBO UPDATE:

he's nearly in game shape!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come home King Beli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno why people want Beli. He wouldn't have a rotation spot as it is. They aren't benching Mills or Parker, and Manu isn't playing the four.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah belli doesn't really fit at this point. if forbes faceplanted this year, then marco could easily take those minutes, but he's been playing well enough. the only upgrade we should really be looking at is Joff's spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah belli doesn't really fit at this point. if forbes faceplanted this year, then marco could easily take those minutes, but he's been playing well enough. the only upgrade we should really be looking at is Joff's spot.
    He would play a ton for the Warriors and I don't want to see that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno why people want Beli. He wouldn't have a rotation spot as it is. They aren't benching Mills or Parker, and Manu isn't playing the four.
    We have to keep him from other contenders like Houston and GS. That’s why.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly makes the most sense for him IMO, they desperately need bench pieces..not a contender, but not everybody cares about that..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, I'd be highly surprised if the FO cuts even one guy, but if they do, it should be either Joff or Paul and the replacement should be another big.

I love Beli and would love to see him back, but we already have too many guards as it is.

Thread Information