Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, Spurs may not get any of these guys, so all you guys saying you don't want them, don't worry, they don't want the Spurs either. They also probably want to play for contenders, not a team that might miss the playoffs, or if they do make it, likely to lose in the first round.

I want Marco back. I don't give a about the other players already on the roster. They can lose minutes and sit. Marco is a better shooter, passer, play-maker than a lot of the PGs on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Marco back.

Give me a big or more minutes for White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Marco back.

Now I get that you want a big, trust me... I do too. But let me get this clear, you don't want a proven champion that was key on our le run cuz you want more time for a G League rookie??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Marco back.

Co-sign 100%.

White is the 3rd or 4th best guard on the roster and 95% of the people here don't even realize it yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop actually plays White, yeah, that would be good. I wanted him to play 2 months ago, but Pop just doesn't want to play him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a fan of White tbh....everytime he steps on the floor even in limited mins he looks solid. Shame someone with no real skill like Brandon Paul gets more time than him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop actually plays White, yeah, that would be good. I wanted him to play 2 months ago, but Pop just doesn't want to play him.
    That's Pops problem, but the Pop yes-men always look the other way when I shine light on it. It took Pop 3 years to play Splitter over Bonner, said Hill wasn't ready for playoffs and started off with Vaughn in 09' Playoffs. Did the same with Simmons his rookie year when he put Simmons in a suit so he can give the Corpse of Kevin Martin a role on the bench.

The only time he gives rookies a consistent role is if none of his precious over-utilized or over the hill vets are in the way on the depth chart.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 02-09-2018 at 11:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well with 2 pgs not playing next gm, I'm sure we're about to find out what White really has I'm store for us. Against top notch talent too!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a fan of White tbh....everytime he steps on the floor even in limited mins he looks solid. Shame someone with no real skill like Brandon Paul gets more time than him
    There was a couple of games Pop gave him minutes in the 4th quarter, and in those games I think he did well in those short stretches. He made some good plays and then for no reason IMO got benched again for the rest of the game/s. I just remember two games where he was inserted out of nowhere into the 4th quarter of the game with the team playing poorly, but they started doing well while he was out there, then he was inexplicably benched after those couple of very good short stints, and I think they ended up losing both those games.

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I do recall a couple instances where I thought he played well in the 4th quarter, but wasn't allowed to play for any more than a short stretch even though he was doing well. Does anyone else remember those games/stints?
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-10-2018 at 12:45 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I get that you want a big, trust me... I do too. But let me get this clear, you don't want a proven champion that was key on our le run cuz you want more time for a G League rookie??
    I don't think the Spurs have a chance to win this year even with a healthy Kawhi. The talent isn't there. To me, it's already been settled, they're not winning a le. I would not give them a better than 55/45 to even win a round.

So that leaves to developing things for the future. They're on the right track with Murray even though he doesn't get enough minutes.

Getting time for White is investing in next year and years to come. Any big man who wasn't too old that's not Joffrey would be investing in next year just to find out if the new big can play.

Marco is about to be 32 and isn't a part of the future going forward. His atrocious defense is why the 14 Dallas series went seven games. I'm not kidding. As soon as they benched him they were smooth sailing.

He was the weakest link by far in that wing rotation.

, I'd rather keep Paul and gift him minutes than sign Marco. Marco's not a part of the future. His defense will get worse, his overrated playmaking and pick and roll game will get worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a couple of games Pop gave him minutes in the 4th quarter in those games and he did well in those short stretches, then he benched him and the team lost. He made some good plays and then got benched again for the rest of the game.
    I'm sure Pop thinks it "wouldn't be fair to the team" to play White. Just like Splitter, just like Hill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Pop thinks it "wouldn't be fair to the team" to play White. Just like Splitter, just like Hill.
    This.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs have a chance to win this year even with a healthy Kawhi. The talent isn't there. To me, it's already been settled, they're not winning a le. I would not give them a better than 55/45 to even win a round.

So that leaves to developing things for the future. They're on the right track with Murray even though he doesn't get enough minutes.

Getting time for White is investing in next year and years to come. Any big man who wasn't too old that's not Joffrey would be investing in next year just to find out if the new big can play.

Marco is about to be 32 and isn't a part of the future going forward. His atrocious defense is why the 14 Dallas series went seven games. I'm not kidding. As soon as they benched him they were smooth sailing.

He was the weakest link by far in that wing rotation.

, I'd rather keep Paul and gift him minutes than sign Marco. Marco's not a part of the future. His defense will get worse, his overrated playmaking and pick and roll game will get worse.
    Marco barely played in tightly contested games too during the run in 2014.

I think I remember him avg only 8 minutes per game in playoffs when games were decided by single digits and it doubled to over 16-18 mpg in blow outs.

Outside of his one three game 3 vs Heat, he didn't have a big role or impact in 2014 like the casuals believe he did. He got most of his in blow outs, far after game was decided. He was the Steve Kerr of that team, not the Mario Elie.

But hey it was the beautiful game squad, casuals love them some Patty & Marco even though the big reason why they won was because of Kawhi/ Green doing the heavy lifting & Manu/Parker cleaning up the remains when it came to the contributions.

Then you had the outliers in Mills & Marco who cherry picked off of the heavy lifters or on top of the leads.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 02-10-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was poor in 2014, I didn't want him on the court. I remember good and well how bad he was against Dallas in round 1. I didn't want him to play at all, but I always think back to 2015. He played his ass off against the Clippers, and I think he was better a year later in the playoffs than he was the previous year. His defense still may have sucked, but he played tougher against the Clippers and was fearless shooting the ball. A couple of those games he tried to will the Spurs to a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOBO UPDATE:

he's nearly in game shape!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince Carter might be bought out. Over 40 years old? Check!
    Pop: R.C, get Vince Carter now! Make it happen.
    Maybe he can pull off a Domonique Wilkens moment if Leonard is done for the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much rules out the Spurs when Pop's playing Parker, Mills, and Manu off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Spurs

In before PATFO slurpers says our washed up vets are soooo much better.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before PATFO slurpers says our washed up vets are soooo much better.
    Too hard to see my fat wombat teammate go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Spurs

the rich get richer, meanwhile we have forbes, bp3 and joffrey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too hard to see my fat wombat teammate go
    We just wanna hangout and enjoy the season while it lasts.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just wanna hangout and enjoy the season while it lasts.
    And frogging while it last

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leap froggin', towel wavin', beating your chest when you shoot 3 for 11. Thank you, Mills.

What a cultural leader

Give that man 50 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at Houston, I don't blame Kawhi now. Spurs with G League players an rockets gets even better

Thread Information