Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooooohhh thaaaats whyyyyy.

Because we've all seen how much players fall over themselves to sign here when they finally get the chance.
    It might shock you, but yeah. They do just fine in the buyout market typically. Guys are much more willing to try Pop's system for a few months than commit to it for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just the health of key players, they don’t want to play for Pop/System. How many coveted free agents we landed while OG Tim Duncan was healthy in his prime? Even PATFO failed to acquire Jason Kidd (and supposedly that was a sure thing). I mean, I’m glad, we kept HOTS but FA’s just don’t want to play for Pop. It’s the truth.
    The buyout market has always been different for them because the money is usually the same and the chance to win a le factors more heavily into decisions. Right now the team is not a good bet for a le with Kawhi uncertain. Why would anyone pick them over Houston, GS or the East teams? It also doesn't help that a guy like Johnson would only get consistent playing time if Kawhi's out for the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Spurs were a top team contending seriously for les every year we would always get the vets looking to ring chase during the summer or after being bought out. Not sure why anyone thinks its surprising bought out vets are signing with Houston since they're the only real threat to knock off GS since no one knows wtf is going on with Leonard. Plenty of valid criticism of the FO but this is not one of them imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Morey has signed Mbah Moute, Gerald Green, Joe Johnson, Brandan Wright for half the money RC gave Patty at 1201 on July 1st.

Amazing how overrated Patty has been for years and now massively overpaid. At least Patty brought culture to the team, right? -- I mean Spurs had soooo much trouble sustaining culture from role players the previous 20 years...I mean Spurs always had to pay up to bring in culture pieces like Elie, Kerr, Kevin Willis, Vaughn, Marks, Oberto, Bonner, etc.

Can't believe people here defended it. I tried to warn you all how expendable and unnecessary he would be.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 02-10-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Spurs were a top team contending seriously for les every year we would always get the vets looking to ring chase during the summer or after being bought out. Not sure why anyone thinks its surprising bought out vets are signing with Houston since they're the only real threat to knock off GS since no one knows wtf is going on with Leonard. Plenty of valid criticism of the FO but this is not one of them imo.
    Pretty much this. Spurs got vets through FA in the past like Barry,Finley,Horry, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this. Spurs got vets through FA in the past like Barry,Finley,Horry, etc.
    you don't even have to go that far back...McDyess/TJ Ford (who was actually pretty solid until the final injury)/Bobo/David Lee/Belineli/D-West/Andre Miller/K-mart ....the last two suck but only through them in there considering players like Brandan Wright arent that great and Spurs fan is still upset. but those are all vet players who took cheap deals to come ring chase with SA in the last 6-7 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Morey has signed Mbah Moute, Gerald Green, Joe Johnson, Brandan Wright for half the money RC gave Patty at 1201 on July 1st.

Amazing how overrated Patty has been for years and now massively overpaid. At least Patty brought culture to the team, right? -- I mean Spurs had soooo much trouble sustaining culture from role players the previous 20 years...I mean Spurs always had to pay up to bring in culture pieces like Elie, Kerr, Kevin Willis, Vaughn, Marks, Oberto, Bonner, etc.

Can't believe people here defended it. I tried to warn you all how expendable and unnecessary he would be.
    Who else is going to hang out with Manu and Co when they go on vacation early?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't waiting for anyone. Let's be honest here...

Lmfao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't even have to go that far back...McDyess/TJ Ford (who was actually pretty solid until the final injury)/Bobo/David Lee/Belineli/D-West/Andre Miller/K-mart ....the last two suck but only through them in there considering players like Brandan Wright arent that great and Spurs fan is still upset. but those are all vet players who took cheap deals to come ring chase with SA in the last 6-7 years
    I agree. Another vet I can remember them getting in the past was Gooden who was actually still in his prime at that time. I don't see no point in getting upset about the Rox getting Joe Johnson or Wright since this season is a lost season for the Spurs. The Kawhi injury screwed up the whole entire season and killed any momentum the Spurs could have built up at this point to attract vets. Personally I don't think Kawhi is coming back this year so the ing about the Spurs not making any moves is all for not. Spur fans are upset at the Mills signing which I can understand why but the continual projection of it every time a rival team makes a move is re ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People how ty this team is yet expect buyout candidates to sign....and then continue to when they don’t.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't waiting for anyone. Let's be honest here...

Only time something looked good with RC in it was this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People how ty this team is yet expect buyout candidates to sign....and then continue to when they don’t.
    Welcome to ST.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, JJ is done. He couldn't break the Jazz rotation and they are gunning for the playoffs. Wright couldn't get consistent minutes since singing for the Grizzlies. These guys are done. I still think tyson chandler and Brook Lopez could get bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one wants to go to SA over other teams without knowing what's going on with Kawhi. It takes a special type of dumbass to not understand that.
    I was going to post this exactly but you beat me to it.

All this whining about Kiwi allegedly complaining is farcical when the dude has been injured almost the entire season and no one knows if he will be back this season. None of these FA would join for a couple of months to help a team with this kind of uncertainty...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao touché

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think tyson chandler and Brook Lopez could get bought out.
    Brook is doubtful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyson Chandler has a realistic shot of being bought out, but I think he would most likely choose a team like CLE (who would pursue him aggressively) or even Boston, who needs another Center too so that Horford can move over to the 4 and Baynes can be what he is, a backup. Monroe is not the answer as a Defensive presence inside.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 02-10-2018 at 05:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One name I'd keep an eye on is Tarik Black. With HOU adding both Brendan Wright and Joe Johnson, they're going to have to waive somebody, and Black seems like the most likely candidate since he isn't on the books for any guaranteed money next year and thus, they wouldn't have any dead money on the cap by waiving him.

And I'd absolutely take him in a heartbeat over Joffrey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd wet my pants for a real center like Chandler

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at Houston, I don't blame Kawhi now. Spurs with G League players an rockets gets even better
    I still blame Kawhi for not playing if he's actually sitting out because of the roster. That's a move to make even lower then what Kobe did with the Lakers back in '07 when he called out the Lakers and said the team was garbage. I still remember Kobe playing despite hating the roster.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would definitely take tarik. spurs should make that happen if he gets waived.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rashad Vaughn waived by the pelicans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their bench is actually pretty ty so I could see this.

Thread Information